juvy&Scott

Husband and I haven't seen each other since our wedding..

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think that you wll have any problem at the interview as long as you have all the required documentation done exatly as they ask. When Melinda and I went to our interview in Manila we had more than 100 documents over what they asked us for. It turns out that they only ask for very basic documentation. At the interview I was with Mel and they asked simple questions about your husband that after 5 years you are sure to know.

The fact that you have been on a 5 year wait is actually a good thing, it shows consitency and legitimacy. How many couples would continue after 5 years unless the marriage was genuine and their love for each other is real. The main thing the embassy is looking at is is this a real marriage. Yours seems overwhelmingly genuine. Don't worry, everything is going to be fine.

Best wishes and our prayers for both of you on you life together here in the US.

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Timeline
JadeVisa,

Because she wants to get into the USA as an LPR, and her marriage to this USC enables her to do that?

I think that a lot of your other suggestions are pretty good, and should be followed, but the problems are not trivial. The required doubts on the part of the consular officer are going to be hard to overcome. I agree with zyggy that a consultation with a US immigration attorney who is familiar with the consulate would be a very wise move for this case.

Yodrak

..... If anything, your sticking together for this long should be proof of real love being present. Why would you have stayed together for that long (instead of separating and finding other partners) if it wasn't for that?

Thanks for all the insights..just some clarifications in here and I hope the consul will also take into considerations the following;

first, If my only reason to go to the US is to be an LPR, then why on earth I married someone who was still in college and was not financially stable and who can't even afford to petition me right away?why didn't I chose to find a financially stable USC, have him petition me as a fiancee, get married out there, adjust my status then maybe divorce him after i get the permanent greencard?...why wait for 5 years for someone who can't even afford to buy a plane ticket to visit me as often as what other people see as the way should be?..long absence may not be the normal way of things specially in a relationship but then somehow what's REAL (REAL love and REAL commitment) seems to appear as beyond what is normal.

second, I have a good banking career here..why would i be so giddy to jump on a plane to fly to the US knowing that my husband is not yet financially stable out there and can't afford to support the 2 of us? Why would i demand him of things he cant afford and beyond his control? Isn't it sticking with each other and understanding each of our own limitations and flaws all through these years enough to prove that what we have is a genuine marriage?

third, I dont understand what immigration laws you're talking about that we're trying to "circumvent" in here..as far as we know we married in good faith.

Bottomline is: my husband wasnt ready financially in the past..he is now and we're giving it our best to make things work at the immigration..and with all the prayers and good intentions, nothing is impossible.

Again, that you so much for all the insights.

Juvy

Our Timeline:

------I-130---------

Oct. 10 2006 : Sent I-130 to NSC..USCIS transferred it to CSC later on.

Oct. 12 2006 : Package delivered

Oct. 17 2006 : NOA1

Oct. 21 2006 : Received NOA1 thru mail

Feb. 22 2007 : APPROVED!!!

Feb. 23 2007 : touched

------I-129F---------

Nov. 14 2006 : Sent I-129F to Chicago Center

Nov. 15 2006 : Package delivered

Nov. 17 2006 : NOA1 received date

Nov. 21 2006 : NOA1 thru mail..MSCXXXXXXX case number

Nov. 27-28 2006 : Touched without CS changed

Nov. 29 2006 : Case Transferred to CSC

Nov. 30 2006 : Email Notification from CRIS regarding transfer

Dec. 05 2006 : Email Notification from CRIS informing that I-129F is now pending at CSC

Dec. 06-07 2006 : Touched without CS changed

Feb. 02 2007 : Email Notice: Request for Additional Evidence

Feb. 03 2007 : Touched (on a saturday?!)

Feb. 08 2007 : Recieved RFE notice on mail (found out husband forgot to attached his divorce decree)

Feb. 12 2007 : RFE reply sent

Feb. 20 2007 : Email Notice: RFE Reply received

Feb. 21-22 2007 : Touched

Feb. 23 2007 : Email Notice received : APPROVED on . Feb. 22, 2007!!!!

Feb. 28 2007 : Received NOA2 in mail advised that case was already forwarded to NVC

Mar. 2 2007 : Package sent to USE MNLxxxxxxxxxx

Mar. 15 2007 : Interview Sched viewed online

May 18, 2007 : St. Luke's Appointment

May 25, 2007 : INTERVIEW!!..our 5th wedding anniversary!(APPROVED!!!!YAY!!)

June 8,2007 : VISA DELIVERED at 12:15 PM

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for all the insights..just some clarifications in here and I hope the consul will also take into considerations the following;

first, If my only reason to go to the US is to be an LPR, then why on earth I married someone who was still in college and was not financially stable and who can't even afford to petition me right away?why didn't I chose to find a financially stable USC, have him petition me as a fiancee, get married out there, adjust my status then maybe divorce him after i get the permanent greencard?...why wait for 5 years for someone who can't even afford to buy a plane ticket to visit me as often as what other people see as the way should be?..long absence may not be the normal way of things specially in a relationship but then somehow what's REAL (REAL love and REAL commitment) seems to appear as beyond what is normal.

second, I have a good banking career here..why would i be so giddy to jump on a plane to fly to the US knowing that my husband is not yet financially stable out there and can't afford to support the 2 of us? Why would i demand him of things he cant afford and beyond his control? Isn't it sticking with each other and understanding each of our own limitations and flaws all through these years enough to prove that what we have is a genuine marriage?

third, I dont understand what immigration laws you're talking about that we're trying to "circumvent" in here..as far as we know we married in good faith.

Bottomline is: my husband wasnt ready financially in the past..he is now and we're giving it our best to make things work at the immigration..and with all the prayers and good intentions, nothing is impossible.

Juvy

Is this the same Juvy that posted over at PinoyInfo?

I'll pray for your approval whenever your interview is.

Timeline

Is this the same Juvy that posted over at PinoyInfo?

I'll pray for your approval whenever your interview is.

yes alohaspirit..thanks for the prayers.

God Bless.

Our Timeline:

------I-130---------

Oct. 10 2006 : Sent I-130 to NSC..USCIS transferred it to CSC later on.

Oct. 12 2006 : Package delivered

Oct. 17 2006 : NOA1

Oct. 21 2006 : Received NOA1 thru mail

Feb. 22 2007 : APPROVED!!!

Feb. 23 2007 : touched

------I-129F---------

Nov. 14 2006 : Sent I-129F to Chicago Center

Nov. 15 2006 : Package delivered

Nov. 17 2006 : NOA1 received date

Nov. 21 2006 : NOA1 thru mail..MSCXXXXXXX case number

Nov. 27-28 2006 : Touched without CS changed

Nov. 29 2006 : Case Transferred to CSC

Nov. 30 2006 : Email Notification from CRIS regarding transfer

Dec. 05 2006 : Email Notification from CRIS informing that I-129F is now pending at CSC

Dec. 06-07 2006 : Touched without CS changed

Feb. 02 2007 : Email Notice: Request for Additional Evidence

Feb. 03 2007 : Touched (on a saturday?!)

Feb. 08 2007 : Recieved RFE notice on mail (found out husband forgot to attached his divorce decree)

Feb. 12 2007 : RFE reply sent

Feb. 20 2007 : Email Notice: RFE Reply received

Feb. 21-22 2007 : Touched

Feb. 23 2007 : Email Notice received : APPROVED on . Feb. 22, 2007!!!!

Feb. 28 2007 : Received NOA2 in mail advised that case was already forwarded to NVC

Mar. 2 2007 : Package sent to USE MNLxxxxxxxxxx

Mar. 15 2007 : Interview Sched viewed online

May 18, 2007 : St. Luke's Appointment

May 25, 2007 : INTERVIEW!!..our 5th wedding anniversary!(APPROVED!!!!YAY!!)

June 8,2007 : VISA DELIVERED at 12:15 PM

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
JadeVisa,

Because she wants to get into the USA as an LPR, and her marriage to this USC enables her to do that?

I think that a lot of your other suggestions are pretty good, and should be followed, but the problems are not trivial. The required doubts on the part of the consular officer are going to be hard to overcome. I agree with zyggy that a consultation with a US immigration attorney who is familiar with the consulate would be a very wise move for this case.

Yodrak

..... If anything, your sticking together for this long should be proof of real love being present. Why would you have stayed together for that long (instead of separating and finding other partners) if it wasn't for that?

Juvy

We are not passing judgement on you.. all we are doing is saying that you need to open your eyes and see what your circumstances may look like from their point of view and what they have seen in the past... Since you are intimately involved with the situation, the set of facts from your point of view may look entire different to someone who comes from another point of view...

That why it was suggest that you consult with an attorney who has experience with the CO's in Manila.. they can look at your situation and your evidence and hopefully give you a game plan to strengthen your case so that the CO will look at your situation the same way as you look at your situation...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Bottom line is that you should be prepared to explain a 5 year separation, and no visits, with something more than excuses. Best wishes.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

The whole point is that you have to prove yourself to the CO... he doesnt have to ask you questions about every single detail you point out. It is your job to prove the validity of your marriage, and not seeing each other for 5 yrs is an up hill battle. I agree, its not mission impossible, but certainly a struggle. I know int'l traveling is expensive, but he better make the effort to be with you at the interview.

Not only is the 5 yr thing a hurdle, but so is his inability to support you. If he doesnt have $1500 for a trip, how will he be able to support you?

I read here on VJ that some users had an attorney who had offices in both the US & Phillipines, and connections with the embassy, so maybe do some research on that.

If your husband really wants you to come to the US, he better take on some debt to make the trip or consult with an attorney.

* Also, people here aren't being negative for fun... when you present the facts of your case, they are just giving honest advise of what the CO may think... and I agree with them.

good luck

12140.gif

Timeline

I agree and I don't think anyone is trying to be critical or discourage you. Just trying to give an unbiased opinion on your situation. The reality is five years is a long time and I think a separation that long will be very difficult to explain away by 'financial hardship' simply because this process is not that expensive. I mean, it's not like it's a bunch of money all up front. You have to remember that the burden of proof lies with the petitioner and beneficiary and given the circumstances I think you may have a very hard time at the interview.

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Filed: Other Timeline

Does he have someone that can co-sponsor?

It might look better if he has someone willing to sign even if he now makes the minimum requirements to support you. It could put the CO's mind at ease that you won't become a welfare recipient.

Also, you mentioned money transfers in your original post.. I would hold off on those if they are from you to him rather than the other way around. You don't want to seem like you are supporting him.

I personally think one of your main goals right now is painting him in the best possible light and making sure you won't be seen as a potential "burden" to the US taxpayers. (I'm not saying you will be one but the CO's job is to assume the worst and circumvent that.)

Do you have any joint bank accounts? or any other joint assets? Something that ties the two of you together? You should try to come up with tangible assets that shows you trying to build a life together (despite the distance) rather than just pointing to emails and phone records.

(By the way, you don't have to respond to this. It's just something for you to think about.)

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cosponsorship or its absence isn't the main issue here -- and it probably isn't the issue at all.

Seems to me, and to many here with more experience than me that the issue is the 5 years without seeing each other. COs see a lot of fraud and this seems to be the case especially in Manila. It seems likely that the posting couple truly is in a good relationship where the petitioner did not have the means to visit -- but for the CO the long absence reasonably may look suspicious. This married couple has a higher burden of proof to demonstrate than many others, because of the five years of separation.

Edited by novotul

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

OMG...you poor things...if you need anything...please let me know.

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.