39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Because you never had to deal with a solo I-212...

Look for answers for that and how many people have to deal with it.

This situation can take as much or more time and work as someone who has a bigger ban.

Please, inform yourself about that and after we can talk about.

At least USCIS know how to deal with I-601. I-212 are a mystery even for them.

I´m like in a black whole.

Should be quicker as you can start earlier, but the sameish work.

They are not a mystery.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Should be quicker as you can start earlier, but the sameish work.

They are not a mystery.

I started before my interview and it didn´t worked... It has been a hard work to make them understand what it is.

I´m already dealing with it for months and is not even being processed until now.

They don´t know how to deal with it, and I have a lawyer involved...

Difficult...

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Timeline

Who is they? The PoE?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Who is they? The PoE?

My POE is JFK.

Queens office didn´t accepted.

Long Island aceepted and sent to Nebraska, thinking that it was an I-212 with I-601...

Senator Liaison from NJ had no answers for us.

Senator Liaison from PA is trying to ficure out what to do.

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Timeline

Long Island was the right place and some erk screwed up. Probably quicker to re submit.

Timeline

Long Island was the right place and some erk screwed up. Probably quicker to re submit.

Thank you very much for the advice.

Nebraska sent us a RFE and the Senator asked us to answer that.

We are waiting the answer from Nebraska... We are scared to fill it back again and have more problems, like 2 processes at the same time is not nice and they will be confused more than they are already.

During that something weird happened... My kids NOA2 was released and mine wasn´t...

event.png

Timeline

Nebraska presumably are wondering why they have it. What does your Lawyer say?

Timeline

Nebraska presumably are wondering why they have it. What does your Lawyer say?

Exactly, that´s why they sent the RFE. The RFE said that I´m not inadmissible and I didn´t passed already the interview and they are asking the documents from it.

My lawyer said that when they receive and process the answer from the RFE they might send it back to Long Island. He´s keeping contact with the Senator Liaison (who asked us to answer the RFE to Nebraska) from PA (where is his office) and she promised track that and see what she can do about it.

5 months lost with it...

And people say that it don´t depend from luck too the process... lol

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Again thank you for the replies. My wife and I have begun preparing the I-601 documents in preparation of the denial, but we're still trying to stay positive about the situation.

A recent question has come up as we're planning and making travel arrangements for the interview next month, and I'm hoping maybe you all could provide some opinions as well.

We are wondering if there would be any benefit for the interview if we brought our 7 year old son, my stepson, with us. He and I are very close, and seeing the three of us together would leave no doubts that we are a family. So, I'm wondering if this has any potential to help our situation. Obviously, bringing him will add additional expenses since we have to travel from my wife's home city, by plane, to Rio for the interview. So, if it's not going to benefit us, it would probably be better for us to save the money to put towards the I-601 filing fee instead.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Does Rio let the US citizen into the interview? Not all consulates do. I would confirm you can even go inside. Great question to ask a lawyer in a consultation.

There's no reason to bring your stepson. Rio has nothing to do with your waiver. They don't process it. They don't recommend it. They don't ascertain your situation. They don't make any comments about who's at the interview and pass it along to USCIS. I would save my money.

Have you contacted a lawyer or two yet for a consultation?

Edited by Harmonia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.