usman Ali

Just Stopping by to Hello.

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello I am new here just needed some assistance regarding to K1 Visa. My Us Fiancé applied for my K1 visa back in September 2015 although everything went pretty smooth our I.129 petition got approved in 5 weeks.Long story short got my 3.5 packet on December 3rd and sent my documents back to the Us Embassy Islamabad on 6th of December now just waiting for the interview appointment letter . The only thing I am worried about is the age difference I am from Pakistan and she is from the United States we have been dating for 4 years I am 21 and she is 42 we got engaged last year on may 3rd 2015 in Dubai i got good evidence to prove that our relationship is real and both of our parents also arppove the marriage but still i am worried about the age difference as it would raise a red flag to the consular :/.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Age difference becomes a red flag in cultures where this is abnormal. For example, male in his 50s and female in her 20s from Philippines is normal. On the other hand, older female from US and much younger male from Morocco is not common norm. COs are trained to see those red flags. Yes, this will be a big red flag in your case. You need to prepare very well to overcome this red flag, i.e. multiple meetings, for prolonged period of time, lots of pictures with families.

How many times have you met and for how long?

What religion are you and her?

The chance of approval for K1 in this situation from what I read are extremely low. Usually, couples overcome refusal by getting married and re-applying.

Timeline

I am from Pakistan and I am a Muslim and she is a Christian my religion has no issue with marrying a CChristian women or an aged women and we have only met once. She wanted to visit me here and get engaged in Pakistan but the Pakistani embassy didn't give her th3 visa that's why we went to dubai

Timeline

Meeting once and this type of age difference has very little chance for success. Almost 0. On K1. I would recommend making several trips to see each other now. If your visa gets rejected, I would immediately get married, apply for CR1, and visit each other often. I am sorry but I am just trying to help to make sure you start preparing more for the next step.

Timeline

Over here culture vary from city to city and family to family i have personally known people who has been married to women older then them and there are some of my close relatives who r married to women's older then them In Pakistan its not a big issue

Timeline

I would prepare these arguments for CO. I am just trying to help. CO have statistics and profile of usual fraud marriage. This is how they work. Usual visa fraud in MENA countries is for younger males to find much older females through internet, meet once. Females file for K1. Once male arrives to US he leaves. If your case fits this profile it is very hard to obtain K1. Is it done? Of course! A lot of members here overcame this by marrying and having multiple meetings face-to-face and applying for CR1. My recommendation is:

1) Prepare well for the interview: i.e. pictures with your family, etc.

2) Have her come for interview.

3) Have another meeting for at least a month to prepare for possible rejection.

Just an an anecdote, my husband David and I have 15 years difference (I am 39, he is 24), and we never heard any questions about it, even at his Visa interview at the consulate in Mexico. We did have proof of 3 in person meetings, a ton of pictures, affidavits from family and friends etc. So, I would agree that you need to just make as solid a case as you can that your love is true, but don't give up any hope just because of the age difference.

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline:

3/19/2018: Sent Application to VSC

3/20/2018: Application Packet Received By VSC

3/26/2018: Check Cashed By VSC

3/27/2018: Received NOA Letter w/Notice Date of 3/22/2018 

5/11/2018: Received Biometrics Letter

5/21/2018: Biometrics Appointment 

5/30/2019: Received Notification New Card Being Produced

6/5/2019: Received Green Card

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Usman you said its depand on family to family i dont think families in pakistan allow their kids to get marrybat early agesclike ur 21... you said you have realtion with your fihance since 4 years its mean when you was 17 you got involved with her dont you think at this age family recomend to focus on education instead on that you are focusing on marriage .... i dont know whats your education level and what you going tomdo in states but i can imagine your case based on CO eyes..... legally you are allow to get marry but in pakistani culture its not normal specially for well educated family system if i would asked my parents about marriage at tge age of 21 my dad could kicked me out from his home lol.... it was my opinion being as your brother how visa officer will consider your case if he /she knows the culture of Pakistan i know its states its common to get marry at early ages but your background is different... as i can i see mens at this ages are not enough mature to handle the family and suuport family i hope you wont take it personally it was just my suggestion as i thought...

All the best for your interveiw hope you will pass your interveiw... Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, has she met your Mom ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Welcome to the forums :)

I-129F Petition
Service Center: Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Timeline

Im us citizen and 13 years older then my fiancee from pakistan we had our interview and they never questioned our age. They took his passport and we are waiting since nov 30.

Filed: Timeline

Just an an anecdote, my husband David and I have 15 years difference (I am 39, he is 24), and we never heard any questions about it, even at his Visa interview at the consulate in Mexico. We did have proof of 3 in person meetings, a ton of pictures, affidavits from family and friends etc. So, I would agree that you need to just make as solid a case as you can that your love is true, but don't give up any hope just because of the age difference.

Mexico like the US & other countries in the West this is an everyday thing with age difference for older women younger men

especially if she is still of child-bearing age, over there parents don't have their younger sons marrying older women

its just not the norm...cultural differences