AMZJ

January 2016 I-129f Filers

2,646 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

good luck to everyone...wishing you a smooth and quick journey (L)(L)(L)

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I just need to get a stapler to staple the forms together as the one we had was a kids one and we have the wrong size staples! SO is just finding out his work dates and then we are good to send. Everything else is filled out properly now. I was hoping we'd send tomorrow but it'll probably be on Thursday.

They don't like staples!!

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck to all the January Filers :)

It may take a long time and it might be stressful but trust me it's worth it, honestly the stress makes it worse then what it actually is, if your love is true you will be together

New Year, New Journey <3

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello. Please can anybody explain the meaning of this statement? "The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing." Because we got the tabs but dont know how the tabs should be placed at the bottom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

This is very helpful!!

Me and my fiance are finally starting the papers. Will use the guidelines to make sure we wont miss anything!

We are currently together here at Singapore but he will soon go back to the states by end of January :(

Hopefully everything will be fast so I can follow him soon!

Goodluck and God bless all of us!

I used FedEx to send the packet from Seattle to Dallas and since I used the overnight service, I had FedEx put the entire packet into one of their envelopes marked for expedited delivery. It is basically a large, legal-sized envelope big enough to fit the packet without folding any papers.

As for the order of the packet, I followed the advice of this website:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Definitely refer to this website above. It also has links to example forms filled out to show you how to do it. For example, in some forms if you don't have an answer to a question or it doesn't apply to you...you leave that question blank while in others you write 'none'. So pay attention to the directions for each form!

*I added the G-1145 first (the request for text/email notification of the receipt of the packet)

1. Proof of payment (check or money order ONLY)

2. Cover Letter: listing the order of the packet as indicated here (SIGNED AND DATED)

3. I-129F: completed form (SIGNED AND DATED)

4. 1-129F Supplement "declaration of how we met in person" (SIGNED AND DATED)

5a/5b. Letter from US Citizen and another from Foreign Fiance Declaring 'Intent to Marry' (SIGNED AND DATED)

6. Proof of having met in person: 5 pictures, our rental agreement abroad together, etc

7. G-325a: biographics form filled out by US citizen (SIGNED AND DATED)

8. Passport photo of US citizen, write full name on the back and put in a plastic bag and label it, then attached to #7 with G-325a

9. G-325a: biographics form filled out by foreign fiance (signed and dated...you get it)

10. Passport photo of foreign fiance, labeled and attached like #8

11. Copy of US citizen's birth certificate (front and back-used to establish citizenship)

12-14 are applicable on case by case basis (12-whether you've been divorced, 13-whether you've changed your name legally, 14-whether you've been convicted of a crime)

Hope this helps!

Edited by J178

K1 Visa

02/11/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/17/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/19/16....Notice date

02/22/16....NOA1 E-mail. Case sent to CSC

03/02/16....NOA1 Hard copy recieved

04/28/16....NOA2 Approved (Notification received from USCIS App)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hello. Please can anybody explain the meaning of this statement? "The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing." Because we got the tabs but dont know how the tabs should be placed at the bottom

Hey funlek,

Check out the doodle picture here:

http://edublog.amdsb.ca/myblogbroojohn/files/2015/10/graphic-notebook-spiral-colored-tabs-at-top-w8pvza.jpg

and then place the tabs on the front page of each of your attachments but along the bottom edge.

Timeline

Hey funlek,

Check out the doodle picture here:

http://edublog.amdsb.ca/myblogbroojohn/files/2015/10/graphic-notebook-spiral-colored-tabs-at-top-w8pvza.jpg

and then place the tabs on the front page of each of your attachments but along the bottom edge.

Thanks alot. Got you. The problem is, the kind of tab we got isnt this type, the bottom edge of these tabs we got are to the sides. Should we change them to those ones facing the bottom? Please advice

Timeline

Thanks alot. Got you. The problem is, the kind of tab we got isnt this type, the bottom edge of these tabs we got are to the sides. Should we change them to those ones facing the bottom? Please advice

I don't think it would be a problem to turn them on their sides and just stick them along the bottom. They may overlap a little and I think this is okay.

As far as the check/money order:

I have heard from previous users filing abroad that it is best to use a check in your own name. I don't know if using another's checkbook is suspicious for any reason but I was advised not to do this. I live in Malta at the moment and I needed to send my entire packet to my dad back home and have him put a money order in and then repackage and send to Dallas. Since I don't have a checkbook, I couldn't write one.

In this case, it would be best for you to use a money order. Typically, the check is cashed at the same time as the NOA1 anyway so knowing when the check is cashed won't give you any better estimation on your timeline (if that's why you wanted to know).

Timeline

I don't think it would be a problem to turn them on their sides and just stick them along the bottom. They may overlap a little and I think this is okay.

I have heard from previous users filing abroad that it is best to use a check in your own name. I don't know if using another's checkbook is suspicious for any reason but I was advised not to do this. I live in Malta at the moment and I needed to send my entire packet to my dad back home and have him put a money order in and then repackage and send to Dallas. Since I don't have a checkbook, I couldn't write one.

In this case, it would be best for you to use a money order. Typically, the check is cashed at the same time as the NOA1 anyway so knowing when the check is cashed won't give you any better estimation on your timeline (if that's why you wanted to know).

Thanks.

Thanks.

Timeline

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=paper+tabs&client=ms-android-sprint-us&source=android-browser&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHu8vCjZXKAhWHpB4KHejaAEsQ_AUIBygB#imgrc=X6NZTlBENBFjuM%3A plz follow this link, you see how the tab looks like? That's what the tab we got looks like.

Timeline

Timeline

They are just like in the picture. Nothing more, nothing less

Alright. I think they typically mean the sticky tabs that you can stick onto the first page of each attachment. The entire file will be hole punched by a 'two hole punch' at the top of the pages and put in a folder. So if you have hard divider sheets with tabs on the sides, they will stick out.

I didn't use tabs or dividers for mine but I paperclipped each attachment. I don't think the tabs are a requirement but they are helpful to the person filing your application. I'm sure you can go ahead and leave the divider sheets you have to keep your application organized and if they prefer, they can remove them when putting your file together.

Use what you have because it will be helpful anyway. :)

Timeline

Alright. I think they typically mean the sticky tabs that you can stick onto the first page of each attachment. The entire file will be hole punched by a 'two hole punch' at the top of the pages and put in a folder. So if you have hard divider sheets with tabs on the sides, they will stick out.

I didn't use tabs or dividers for mine but I paperclipped each attachment. I don't think the tabs are a requirement but they are helpful to the person filing your application. I'm sure you can go ahead and leave the divider sheets you have to keep your application organized and if they prefer, they can remove them when putting your file together.

Use what you have because it will be helpful anyway. :)

Thanks for your time. Another question, what do we use to attatch our passport photo to the g 325a form. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.