AMZJ

January 2016 I-129f Filers

2,646 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

No way! They might want a certified copy of the birth certificate?! Man, these people, lol! We submitted a regular copy but we'll see how it goes. Did any of you experienced a long time waiting before the check was cashed or NOA1? I send my AOS off on 10/13.

We sent our docs 10/3 and got our NOA1 dated 10/7.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No way! They might want a certified copy of the birth certificate?! Man, these people, lol! We submitted a regular copy but we'll see how it goes. Did any of you experienced a long time waiting before the check was cashed or NOA1? I send my AOS off on 10/13.

I did notice mine in particular took a bit longer than others in receiving the NOA1... but I believe that was due to the fact that I sent 1 check for a total of 3 adjustment applicants (my K-1 wife and her 2 K-2 boys). They take longer because they checked each case before they accepted it as a whole and cashed my check.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

After calling up USCIS a couple of weeks ago and asking about my biometrics appointment taking so long I finally got my appointment letter in the mail today, it's two weeks from now which is great. My AP was approved last week but I have no idea what is going on with my EAD!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Finally, after 294 days, I got the NOA2!!!! I submitted 2 inquiries into my case status, both times the answer was that they were waiting for the results of the security check. Then, I contacted the Ombudsman. I don't know if the Ombudsman pushed them into taking action on my case, but the approval came about 3 weeks after my request to them.

K1 visa

21 January 2016: I-129F received date

25 January 2016: NOA1

10 November 2016: NOA2 (only 294 days!)

14 December 2016: Consulate received

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have my interview on Tuesday and am soooooo nervous. Any tips and questions mostly for Kenya Consulate. Mine is a K1 visa. For those who already got the Visa. ...CONGRATULATIONS

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Congrats! This thread has become pretty large indeed! To reduce server loads I will need to close this "large thread" however please feel free to start a "part 2, 3, 4..." of this thread from scratch! :)Thank you for understanding. My goal is to make the VJ server as snappy as possible :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.