salamjamal10

Applying for B2 Visa for parents in one form?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hello,

I just became a permanent resident (Green Card Holder) few weeks ago based on K1 Visa. I have the following questions:

1. Can I apply to bring my parents from Syria to the United States to visit me ?

2. As a green card holder, will that help in anyway if my parents want to apply for a tourist visa?

3. Is there a specific process (forms, etc...) I need to use as a green card holder to bring my parents here to visit me?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No

No

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No, they must qualify on their own. You cannot do anything that will help them get the visa. They should show strong ties to home.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

They should show strong ties to home.

Syria?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Syria?

To get a visitor visa, yes based on the question. We don't know anything about the OP's family situation. They could have a more stable life there. OP isn't asking about refugee status.

Do you have a different response?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

To get a visitor visa, yes based on the question. We don't know anything about the OP's family situation. They could have a more stable life there. OP isn't asking about refugee status.

Do you have a different response?

Well there is no Consulate operating in Syria.

Let me try and think of what situation somebody living in Syria could hope to get a visitor visa....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** One non contributory post removed. Post constructive advice for the Op or do not post; Syria is not the safest country right now, but there are still people living there who WANT to live there, who have family and businesses there. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

concentrate on the reasons they need to return.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

concentrate on the reasons they need to return.

+1

You having a GC wont help. In fact, it could potentially show a reason for them not to return.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you have been here more than 5 years, get a US citizenship in 4-5 mths, then file the sponsorship for your parents. This would be the fastest route.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

If you have been here more than 5 years, get a US citizenship in 4-5 mths, then file the sponsorship for your parents. This would be the fastest route.

They want to visit, not immigrate, so this is irrelevant.

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hi,

I just got my permanent resident card (Green Card) a month ago. My parents are planning to apply for Tourist Visa - B2 Visa to come and visit me. We got the following questions:

1. Do my parents need to apply separately?

2. If so, can we choose same day for the interview?

3. Can they interview the consular together, or each one will be interviewed separately?

4. Do we need to present supporting documents for each one of them separately?

4. Is it possible that they give a Visa to one and deny the other?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** two threads merged and a third without replies removed. Please do not post more than once on a question/ issue. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.