akatagirl

Anyone buy nigerian/african films from africvideos.com?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I really want to buy some new nigerian/african films but unfortunately where I live its hard to get the latest videos...I am just so crzay for nigerian films because I love the comedy,drama, action and suspense that nigerian films entail and still doing it tastefully without any highly explicit sexual content!

I came across this website called www.africvideos.com and wanted to know if any vj members have used this website to buy any nigerian films? This topic came up before and many recommended nigeriamovies.net but unfortunately they do not have the movies I want to purchase....

Your comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance for reading my post! :star:

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Filed: Other Timeline

Actually, I have bought a few of the movies from Africvideos myself. I haven't had any delivery problems from them either. I found them off of ebay and I think they are the most legit as I've been dealing with them for over a year now. They have a slew of great movies. I love watching Nigerian movies too, almost better than American movies. My fiance is a little uneasy with me watching them because he think that I may get some wrong ideas from them. He is surprised because I know the names of the Nigerian actors more than he does. Just shows how much I watch them. ;)

Anyway, Here are some movies that I recommend and think that they are reaallly good: Games women play, Cry like Rivers, Keeping faith. :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Actually, I have bought a few of the movies from Africvideos myself. I haven't had any delivery problems from them either. I found them off of ebay and I think they are the most legit as I've been dealing with them for over a year now. They have a slew of great movies. I love watching Nigerian movies too, almost better than American movies. My fiance is a little uneasy with me watching them because he think that I may get some wrong ideas from them. He is surprised because I know the names of the Nigerian actors more than he does. Just shows how much I watch them. ;)

Anyway, Here are some movies that I recommend and think that they are reaallly good: Games women play, Cry like Rivers, Keeping faith. :yes:

I like watching Nigerian movies but all of mine come from abroad . I have a bout 30 or so. where do you by them and how much do they cost?

May 2001 Met online

May 2005 Finally Made first visit

May 2006 Second visit

]uly 17, 2006 mailed I-129F to TSC

July 18, 2006 received delivery notification from USPS

July 21, 2006 NOA1 mailed from CSC

July 26, 2006 NOA1 received from CSC

Oct 20, 2006 NOA2

Nov 15 2006 Left NVC

Mar 1 2007 Interview Date

Mar 6 2007 Visa Granted

Mar 17 2007 JfK POE (enjoyed NY for a week)

Mar 25 2007 Arrived in the my cityb]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey all - thanks for the link to the Nigerian videos. I wondered where I could get some and I had no clue. Can't wait to pick up a few. THANKS A BUNCH. :thumbs:

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey no problemo Queen Jenn! :thumbs:

@ Ursy

I usually buy my videos from Africvideo.com or I just go to ebay and type in Nigerian videos or Nigerian movies and a few will pop up. Just look into the sites and you can pick which is best to your taste. The ones I buy from Africvideos is around $4.00 or so and the shipping is very cheap. Check it out. I also borrow a few movies from a good lady friend of mine who is from Liberia. She seems to own a whole store full of african Nigerian videos! Whenever she get something new she would watch it first and then she'd let me borrow it afterwards. Such a good friend she is.

Timeline

Hello

My husband is Nigerian and watches movies online thru www.onlinenigeria.com and it is free to watch and has a selection of good movies, please check it out :)

Edited by boo boo

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello

My husband is Nigerian and watches movies online thru www.onlinenigeria.com and it is free to watch and has a selection of good movies, please check it out :)

Thanks for the info !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

May 2001 Met online

May 2005 Finally Made first visit

May 2006 Second visit

]uly 17, 2006 mailed I-129F to TSC

July 18, 2006 received delivery notification from USPS

July 21, 2006 NOA1 mailed from CSC

July 26, 2006 NOA1 received from CSC

Oct 20, 2006 NOA2

Nov 15 2006 Left NVC

Mar 1 2007 Interview Date

Mar 6 2007 Visa Granted

Mar 17 2007 JfK POE (enjoyed NY for a week)

Mar 25 2007 Arrived in the my cityb]

Hello

Thanks for the info: I just got finished watching a movie for the last 2 hours I think, The first one I watched was Darkness of Sorrow Pt.1,2,3,4. Darn that movie was good!!!!!!!!

Thanks again boo boo

Robin

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We have bought movies from http://www.nigeriamovies.net/ we were very pleased with the service. Good Selection and a nice feature, Bio pages on the actors\actress

Hmm, Darkness of Sorrow huh. What is it about?

Not as bad as the title suggest their were some parts of the movie that related to the title. It had a happy ending, I will not ruin it by telling what it was about just in case others will watch it. I suggest it , I thought it was a good movie.

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I love watching Nigerian movies. They are better than American movies to me. I used to buy mine from nigeriamovies.net( never had any problems with service or shipping and great selection) , but here in Houston there are a ton of Nigerian stores and I just rent them now. It's $9.99/month to rent an unlimited amount for as long as I want. It's much cheaper for me to just do it that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My all-time favorite: Osofia in London (there is a part 1 and a part 2)

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Nigerian movies online thru www.onlinenigeria.com and it is free to watch and has a selection of good movies, please check it out :)

I have been enjoying the movies on this site!!!

7/20/05 - Visa received in the mail

9/13/05 - Arrival to Texas FINALLY!!!

12/2/05 - Wedding

1/25/06 - AOS/EAD sent

1/26/06 - AOS/EAD received at USCIS

02/4/06 - NOA received for EAD

02/6/06 - NOA received for AOS

02/7/06 - ASC appt notice rcv'd

03/2/06 - Biometrics appt.

05/15/06 - AOS Approval (stamp in passport)

05/23/06 - Received Welcome letter

05/26/06 - Green Card arrived in mail yaaaahhooooo

08/10/06 - Hubby 1st job in US

05/15/08 - ??? what next

Timeline
Hello

Thanks for the info: I just got finished watching a movie for the last 2 hours I think, The first one I watched was Darkness of Sorrow Pt.1,2,3,4. Darn that movie was good!!!!!!!!

Thanks again boo boo

Robin

I am happy to hear that everyone enjoys the site....Hey Robin, what part of Nigeria is your SO from? I am happy to see that he will be here in a matter of days :)

Crystal :thumbs:

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.