jens_prodigy

SOOOO confused. AOS? 1-130? What?

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I know you guys can help with this question.

My brother who is on an f-1 student visa wants to marry his US citizen girlfriend of 5years. He asked me to help him figure out what he needs to file once they are married since I've been through the K-1 visa process and I said, "sure" thinking I was an expert on what he should do since I've been studying VJ like a hawk for almost two years now. LOL. How wrong I was!!!

I realize that the fiancee visa (K1) that I did is so totally different than what he needs to do since he already resides in the US. Can you guys tell me what he should file please? I'm very confused. Is it the 1-130? Is it K-3? or what?

Thanks.

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

he will apply with the adjustment of status package, including the i130 and the i693 medical and vaccinations

he doesn't need to leave since he is legally living in the country

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

The list below will provide you with the forms that each of them will need to submit concurrently, provided that your brother adjust his status within the U.S. The K-3 process only applies when the foreign national submits a petition from outside of the U.S. (much longer and more tedious than adjusting directly from the U.S.):

• Your brother's forms:

I-485

I-765

G-325A

I-693

I-131 (if your brother wants to get in and out of the country while the family petition is pending)

• Your brother's fiancée's forms:

I-130

I-864

G-325A

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I recommend he make his own account here, so he can ask questions during the process, but first, read our Guide on his specific process here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The list below will provide you with the forms that each of them will need to submit concurrently, provided that your brother adjust his status within the U.S. The K-3 process only applies when the foreign national submits a petition from outside of the U.S. (much longer and more tedious than adjusting directly from the U.S.):

• Your brother's forms:

I-485

I-765

G-325A

I-693

I-131 (if your brother wants to get in and out of the country while the family petition is pending)

• Your brother's fiancée's forms:

I-130

I-864

G-325A

I recommend he make his own account here, so he can ask questions during the process, but first, read our Guide on his specific process here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

hi

he will apply with the adjustment of status package, including the i130 and the i693 medical and vaccinations

he doesn't need to leave since he is legally living in the country

Thank you all. I think we know where to start now. :)

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.