17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok I am a new member, and I have read alot on this website, and I'm so overwhelmed but I think I am starting to understand. I think that going for a k1 visa is the best option..I have a few questions first.

1. Ok Say that I go and visit her, would I file for that stuff once I come back?

2. When she comes in on her fiance visa, after i marry her can she stay in america for the interview or does she have to go back to her home country in the Philippines? (im confused about that and i dont see the point of her coming here then going there and then back but if that isnt the case then thats good)

3. Ok how do I pay for her flight? It may sound stupid but I dont know.

Ok a little bit of background this isnt happening soon or anything I just want to plan, im the kind of person who stresses out if I dont at least have something planned and thought out well before I go into things.

I have been talking to this girl for about a year and I am planning to save up money to see her in a year or so. (Flight costs from here to manila is alot) I met her on a dating app and we he have been talking to each other on email and facebook every day. We also talk to each other on skype and the phone almost every day. We are pretty serious and I want to know what you guys think. Oh and please answer my questions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

yes, you can file for the k1 once you return

once she comes and you get married within the 90 days, you will file for adjustment of status, that's what the K1 is for, to file for the GC and not leave,

she may or may not have an interview, as some that have come on a K1 have not had an interview

she can only work and travel once she has the work permit and advance parole, which will take a few months

hi

yes, you can file for the k1 once you return

once she comes and you get married within the 90 days, you will file for adjustment of status, that's what the K1 is for, to file for the GC and not leave,

she may or may not have an interview, as some that have come on a K1 have not had an interview

she can only work and travel once she has the work permit and advance parole, which will take a few months

Ok thanks because I have been talking to a friend and the way he said it, it made me think that shed come over then go back then come back here and i was so confused by that. Thanks for the reply

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

what he might of said is that maybe she can come, get married and then she would have to return to her country and you file a spousal visa instead of the k1

or you can go to her country, marry, return and file the CR1 spousal visa

you have to decide what's best for you, the spousal visa takes around a year, so you would be separated a year, but she will go through consular processing and come with her visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Once you meet all the requirements (including a meeting person) for a K1 you can file the forms. Once she arrives and you get married, you will file the AOS package and as stated she should not leave the country without an Advanced Parole card. If she were to leave, you would need to start all over again applying for a spousal visa before she can re-enter. Any AOS interview will be held at the nearest local immigration office to your place of residence, not back in her home country.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry, forgot to answer your last question. Once the K1 visa in in her hand, you can book the flights in her name. Since she is from the Phillipines, you may want to ask this question in that regional forum once that time gets closer as I think there are some specific issues you need to get to book tickets for someone from there.

Again Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Sorry, forgot to answer your last question. Once the K1 visa in in her hand, you can book the flights in her name. Since she is from the Phillipines, you may want to ask this question in that regional forum once that time gets closer as I think there are some specific issues you need to get to book tickets for someone from there.

Again Good Luck!

Okay thank Im understanding this whole thing alot more. I think this will help me to be more prepared for when this actually happens. Thank you oh and one last thing they way i understand it is that i just buy a ticket for her online or something with a debit card or whatever i choose to pay with and shell pick it up there? anyways yeah thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Keep receipts from your visit with her, including boarding passes. You must prove you met in person, and a picture does not satisfy that requirement. As far as flights go, you need to call the airline. Some require the card be presented at checkin, depending on how the ticket was purchased. Google flights to find the best rate and then call the reservation line to book it. Tell them you are purchasing it for her to come visit you and she will not have your card at checkin.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok I am a new member, and I have read alot on this website, and I'm so overwhelmed but I think I am starting to understand. I think that going for a k1 visa is the best option..I have a few questions first.

1. Ok Say that I go and visit her, would I file for that stuff once I come back?

2. When she comes in on her fiance visa, after i marry her can she stay in america for the interview or does she have to go back to her home country in the Philippines? (im confused about that and i dont see the point of her coming here then going there and then back but if that isnt the case then thats good)

3. Ok how do I pay for her flight? It may sound stupid but I dont know.

Ok a little bit of background this isnt happening soon or anything I just want to plan, im the kind of person who stresses out if I dont at least have something planned and thought out well before I go into things.

I have been talking to this girl for about a year and I am planning to save up money to see her in a year or so. (Flight costs from here to manila is alot) I met her on a dating app and we he have been talking to each other on email and facebook every day. We also talk to each other on skype and the phone almost every day. We are pretty serious and I want to know what you guys think. Oh and please answer my questions!

On #2, I'm assuming because of the other parts in the question that you're speaking of the adjustment of status interview? You said you were confused so I just want to make sure that you're not speaking of the visa interview.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay thank Im understanding this whole thing alot more. I think this will help me to be more prepared for when this actually happens. Thank you oh and one last thing they way i understand it is that i just buy a ticket for her online or something with a debit card or whatever i choose to pay with and shell pick it up there? anyways yeah thanks!

Yes - You can purchase the ticket online and she will get boarding passes when she check in at the airport. There are many VJ members that have been through the K1 process. You definitely want to follow the Philippines forum here. Both Hank & Greenbaum have created web sites that will take you through the process step by step. Here are the links to their web sites.

http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Ok Say that I go and visit her, would I file for that stuff once I come back? - Yes, filing of the petition (I-129F) can only be done on the US.

2. When she comes in on her fiance visa, after i marry her can she stay in america for the interview or does she have to go back to her home country in the Philippines? (im confused about that and i dont see the point of her coming here then going there and then back but if that isnt the case then thats good) - after getting married on K1 Visa, she can stay in the US for good. Interview for K1 is done in the Philippines prior to Visa issuance.

3. Ok how do I pay for her flight? It may sound stupid but I dont know. - Purchase of ticket can be done on-line, ex. you buy a ticket via Delta, go to the Delta website, buy her a ticket and email her the eticket.

I have been talking to this girl for about a year and I am planning to save up money to see her in a year or so. (Flight costs from here to manila is alot) I met her on a dating app and we he have been talking to each other on email and facebook every day. We also talk to each other on skype and the phone almost every day. We are pretty serious and I want to know what you guys think. Oh and please answer my questions! - meet her and see how it goes . Meting in person is the best next step.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok thanks because I have been talking to a friend and the way he said it, it made me think that shed come over then go back then come back here and i was so confused by that. Thanks for the reply

That sounds like a visitor visa or something else then get married while here (don't advise doing that as it's considered fraud if was your intent). If come on K1 no returning required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you met?

Why does she not pay for her own flight?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

That sounds like a visitor visa or something else then get married while here (don't advise doing that as it's considered fraud if was your intent). If come on K1 no returning required.

no i know now that after the interview thats when she comes to america, and no i want the k1 fiance visa. I know about the fraud thing i was only considering the k1 fiance or the spouse visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.