phila

Waiting for NOA1...

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
Don't sweat the cashed check thing. My timeline shows my check being cashed on March 1 because that's the date stamped on the back, but it's the day Vermont deposited it. The money didn't come out of my bank account until March 7.

Your check could be cashed right now and you just don't know it. :)

Same here! I got the cashed date off the back of the check, but the check cleared in my account some time later. Once I had the check to view, I could log on and see the recieved date for CSC, mailed date from CSC, etc. From this data, I went back and fixed my timeline for accuracy.

Now if the postman would only deliver NOA1 :whistle:

PS How do I display our picture when I post?

Our K-1 Timeline

2/15/07--Completed gathering documents, completed I-129F

2/26/07--I-129F arrives at CSC

2/27/07-- NOA1

2/28/07-- Check cashed

3/1/07-- Touched

3/7/07--Cleared check shows in my account

3/7/07--NOA1 hard copy

5/17/07--Touched (PLEASE NO RFE)

5/18/07--Touched again

5/21/07--NOA2

5/31/07--Arrives at NVC

6/4/07--Left NVC, on da way to da embassy!!!

6/8/07--Arrives at consulate

6/8/07--Picked up packet 3 during consulate visit! (just lucky we visited same day as they received from NVC)

6/12/07--Medical exam

6/19/07--Interview

6/20/07--VISA

7/21/07--US entry through Atlanta!!!

8/12/07--MARRIED

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

AOS Transfer** : 2007-12-17

TOUCHED : 2008-02-08

TOUCHED : 2008-02-10

TOUCHED : 2008-02-27

Welcome To US Sent date: 2008-02-27

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA Date : 2007-10-10

RFE(s) :

Approved Date : 2007-12-12

Date Card Received : 2007-12-21

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 105 days.

Don't sweat the cashed check thing. My timeline shows my check being cashed on March 1 because that's the date stamped on the back, but it's the day Vermont deposited it. The money didn't come out of my bank account until March 7.

Same here! I got the cashed date off the back of the check, but the check cleared in my account some time later. Once I had the check to view, I could log on and see the recieved date for CSC, mailed date from CSC, etc. From this data, I went back and fixed my timeline for accuracy.

You mean in your signature?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I'd like to display our picture right above Newbie. This would be Gold Member in your case--where you have the book... Thanks!

Our K-1 Timeline

2/15/07--Completed gathering documents, completed I-129F

2/26/07--I-129F arrives at CSC

2/27/07-- NOA1

2/28/07-- Check cashed

3/1/07-- Touched

3/7/07--Cleared check shows in my account

3/7/07--NOA1 hard copy

5/17/07--Touched (PLEASE NO RFE)

5/18/07--Touched again

5/21/07--NOA2

5/31/07--Arrives at NVC

6/4/07--Left NVC, on da way to da embassy!!!

6/8/07--Arrives at consulate

6/8/07--Picked up packet 3 during consulate visit! (just lucky we visited same day as they received from NVC)

6/12/07--Medical exam

6/19/07--Interview

6/20/07--VISA

7/21/07--US entry through Atlanta!!!

8/12/07--MARRIED

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

NOA Date : 2007-10-04

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** : 2007-12-17

TOUCHED : 2008-02-08

TOUCHED : 2008-02-10

TOUCHED : 2008-02-27

Welcome To US Sent date: 2008-02-27

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA Date : 2007-10-10

RFE(s) :

Approved Date : 2007-12-12

Date Card Received : 2007-12-21

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 105 days.

I'd like to display our picture right above Newbie. This would be Gold Member in your case--where you have the book... Thanks!

Go to "my controls" then avatar settings, the picture has to be 100 x 100 or smaller.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
Uggh. I don't mean to be so impatient, because I know CSC people wait much longer, but day 5 here- no NOA1, no check cashed.

I am having a million worries that I didn't send enough e-mail's...

When I look at other VSC filers recently- the check is cashed much sooner.

Unfortunately, I don't have online banking, so can't even get the case number of the back of the check, God willing it is cashed.

Phila,

I have no idea what will happen in your case but stressing about the NOA1 will be the biggest waste of your stress. There is no approval attached to that notice, just saying they got it. I was sweating it too...but I still haven't gotten an NOA1....I got something better, an NOA2!

I looked around on a lot of threads, most people do get the first notice, but it is not unheard of for it to never come. I didn't even get an email for it. I have no way of knowing if your case will go the same as mine, but Vermont sure is speedy for some of us these days.

Whatever the case, enjoy the movie and wine. And hope you get word soon.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.