quan12

False claim

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yep the I9 is the issue, not the SSN.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think your friend might be pulling your leg on this one. Not everyone is very forthcoming about their immigration status to others, including friends. It gets complicated if he is working under someone else name and using their social security card and such. That's criminal and it does incur a lifetime ban.

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

The only reason to tell someone you're pretending to be a USC is either because you think it's funny, which it's not and has legal ramifications, or because you are.

Only people with something to hide are hiding it regarding immigration.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

I work in HR and I can tell you that employers do check to see if their employees are legal. It's simple as running the SSN. If your friend is using someone else's identity they will both be charged with fraud. He can get himself sent back for falsifying legal document and attesting that they are legal. Working at Wally world is just not that important in my opinion. Once you do that (falsifying docs) the employer is required by law to report it otherwise they face the chance of hefty fine from the government and they aren't going to risk that. :wow:

Edited by Meant2B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I work in HR and I can tell you that employers do check to see if their employees are legal. It's simple as running the SSN. If your friend is using someone else's identity they will both be charged with fraud. He can get himself sent back for falsifying legal document and attesting that they are legal. Working at Wally world is just not that important in my opinion. Once you do that (falsifying docs) the employer is required by law to report it otherwise they face the chance of hefty fine from the government and they aren't going to risk that. :wow:

This is not accurate for all business I know that. Normally when the employer files their taxes they will get a letter back stating someone has a wrong SSN number, then they will have the chance to give the worker a chance to correct it. They could change one number and then the next year the same thing will happen. It's a really screwed up system with not so many checks and balances. And it is possible for someone to have a credit card with their name under a SSN that is not. Somehow our wise credit system didn't have a check with the government and if nobody is using the number they assume it is the first person who goes to use it. That is why there are babies being born now who find out or who's parents find out they have already experience identity theft. Such an interesting world we live in. Larger employers like Walmart may have more checks in place, but working for a smaller company I know they will not know if you SSN is good until tax time comes. Also if he's using an expired number that may be good enough, the number he got on his original visa will most likely still work.

Hello all. Got a question. My friend that just came thru f1 student currently claimed to be a us citizen in other to work at walmart n he is oit of status by the way. Is there any consequence? Please no aggressive reply, just an opinion. Thanks all

withdraw the job application with a letter of explanation that a genuine mistake was committed.(just a claim will not going to get him\her the employment.)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello all. Got a question. My friend that just came thru f1 student currently claimed to be a us citizen in other to work at walmart n he is oit of status by the way. Is there any consequence? Please no aggressive reply, just an opinion. Thanks all

today? no.

later? maybe and it depends.

If he/she applies for any immigration status change, later, it will be a big problem. Worse consequence is the immigration benefit that was applied for, be denied, and an order to appear before a deportation hearing at an immigration court.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Madtownguy

Thanks. I already warned him about it. But he seem too not care cuz his brother that him n i moved together to the states 6yrs ago Is doing the same thing n he is buffering his head that there ain't risk attach. Thank you all again. I'm going to send him this VJ pager to read for himself.I'm always busy n won't b able to keep up with it.

I read about a dude who misrepresented himself like that and they called in an air strike, flattened the business and everyone in it, then followed up with a ground assault.

Better give your friend the heads up. They could hit that walmart at any time.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Guam
Timeline

Expart1

I already did n i tagged him on this discussion so he could see for himself. But anyways, like i said before. He doesn't seem to care cuz i talked to him already about it. Thank y'all for your contributions. I do appreciate it a lot.

Physicist.

I'm wondering if he actually claimed to be a US citizen.

Often I hear people refer to legal permanent resident and citizen interchangibly when they're not.

Maybe he claimed to be an LPR or some other legal status but not a citizen. Depends on what he wrote in I-9.

That said...bacause he claimed a status he didnt have, it's still misrepresentation (and as someone mentioned a felony). But maybe that could be overcome while a false claim to citizenship carries the lifetime ban.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I really wouldn't ask questions like this in this forum. The people here mostly have experience with adjusting status for people who have not worked in the US illegally. I know of several people who worked with fake SSN who got their green card through marriage without a problem; the immigration process is not that black and white.

• 5 months later...

I really wouldn't ask questions like this in this forum. The people here mostly have experience with adjusting status for people who have not worked in the US illegally. I know of several people who worked with fake SSN who got their green card through marriage without a problem; the immigration process is not that black and white.

This is old, but this one deserves a reply for terrible advice.

Using a fake SSN is fraud. Bad enough. But will not cause a lifetime bar without appeal.

Falsely claiming to be a U.S. citizen on an I-9 or for any other benefit carries a lifetime bar with no appeal.

"I know someone who.." is generally terrible advice unless specifics of (1) "someone's" situation and (2) how their situation applies to this one are available.

Edited by JayJayH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.