quan12

False claim

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Guam
Timeline

Hello all. Got a question. My friend that just came thru f1 student currently claimed to be a us citizen in other to work at walmart n he is oit of status by the way. Is there any consequence? Please no aggressive reply, just an opinion. Thanks all

Physicist.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since he did a false claim to be a USC more then likely he will be banned from America for good from what I hear

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

unfortunately, as others have said, it is the worst thing that he has done, claiming to be a USC carries a lifetime ban with no possibility of a waiver, he can never get a GC, and he can be deported

he cannot work other than at campus with a student visa, he must have the money to study, he might have ruined his life just to work at Walmart

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Walmart will make him prove his eligibility before they actually allow him to work. That means they will check documents and he will have to have something that allows him to work. So if he proves eligibility, he got some fake docs from somewhere; could result in criminal charges.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just thinking- doesn't it matter who he made the claim to?

If a B2 holder comes to America and tells an employer he's married when he's not, it's not material misrepresentation (although it's still illegal to work). But if he says that to a government official to receive a benefit, it then becomes material misrepresentation.

Any thoughts on this? Does it have to be a government official that they make the claim to? How would immigration know unless the claim was made to them?

If that is the case that it doesn't matter who the claim is made to, if you think about it, illegal immigrants that falsely use the SSN of a USC for working purposes would then be under that ban as well because they are presenting USC documents.

Edited by FN&KO

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

newacct is correct, I have seen cases which the GC was denied because immigration checked the workplaces provided on the forms, and they claimed to be USC to get the job

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The I-9 is a federal form where you attest that you meet the requirements to work legally. It is a form the federal government requires the employer to have filled out and maintain on file. I also believe Walmart uses E-verify although not all store managers may be diligent in doing this. Yes Virginia, the US government has asked people to provide copies of the I-9s from the employer/checked the I-9s filed with employers and since taxes will be withheld under his social security number there is no way to hide his employment with them.

Timeline

Hi guys, i really appreciate your replies n help. My frd works I. b the walmart at Oklahoma. I never knew how he got the job until i suddenly asked him when we were talking on the phone. I told him offs dangerous and if i were him, ill stop and try make things right. I'm not sure the document he presented to work but i knew he had a SSN from the University he attended when he came in Aug 2014. From what i heard, i learnt people clear off the DHS restriction on SSN in order to work. I think that's what he did n I'm not sure of document's required or the document's he presented to work. Thanks for Y'all help. I'll let him know the ahead.

Physicist.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he got married to a US Citizen and filed AOS it would be something that could cause a problem if they knew about it. Most likely they wouldn't. So many people here illegally use fake SSN's and get away with it when it comes time to adjust status. The system is a bit flawed, what he did was illegal but in court the defense of I had to do what I had to do to provide for my family in a liberal area will sometime suffice. Nobody here can tell you what the outcome will be for sure. But everyone will agree it's not a good idea.

hi

newacct is correct, I have seen cases which the GC was denied because immigration checked the workplaces provided on the forms, and they claimed to be USC to get the job

I've seen the opposite. It's a ####### shoot.

Timeline

Madtownguy

Thanks. I already warned him about it. But he seem too not care cuz his brother that him n i moved together to the states 6yrs ago Is doing the same thing n he is buffering his head that there ain't risk attach. Thank you all again. I'm going to send him this VJ pager to read for himself.I'm always busy n won't b able to keep up with it.

Physicist.

Some people don't care that they're here and working illegally. They do so on purpose because they feel they likely will not be caught.

If you know illegal activity is taking place you can and should report them to ICE.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just thinking- doesn't it matter who he made the claim to?

If a B2 holder comes to America and tells an employer he's married when he's not, it's not material misrepresentation (although it's still illegal to work). But if he says that to a government official to receive a benefit, it then becomes material misrepresentation.

Any thoughts on this? Does it have to be a government official that they make the claim to? How would immigration know unless the claim was made to them?

If that is the case that it doesn't matter who the claim is made to, if you think about it, illegal immigrants that falsely use the SSN of a USC for working purposes would then be under that ban as well because they are presenting USC documents.

WalMart would have it on paper on the I-9 now.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.