fkadjei

waiting period for k-1 Fiance(e) visa at Accra embassy

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Omg this is driven us crazy we don't know what to do

Listen, be patient!! Its gonna come through. Its just been the holidays etc. They mailed my letter on December 9th and I didnt receive it until January 4th here in the U.S. So just wait a little longer, it will come!! If you want to inbox me you can. Make sure you tell your fiance in the states to be on the look out for it in the mail.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Listen, be patient!! Its gonna come through. Its just been the holidays etc. They mailed my letter on December 9th and I didnt receive it until January 4th here in the U.S. So just wait a little longer, it will come!! If you want to inbox me you can. Make sure you tell your fiance in the states to be on the look out for it in the mail.

Okay but please since when did your case got to the embassy and has your fiancé go for his packet thank you very much you have been so helpful I will in box u now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Im not actually sure when it arrived at the embassy but I only waited a week before I started emailing them, ignoring the statement that we should wait for the embassy to contact my fiancé and I never got a response.. but my fiancé goes for his packet on Wednesday... Praise God!!?

Edited by ChelAnnan31

Timeline

Im not actually sure when it arrived at the embassy but I only waited a week before I started emailing them, ignoring the statement that we should wait for the embassy to contact my fiancé and I never got a response.. but my fiancé goes for his packet on Wednesday... Praise God!!?

Okay thank you we are still waiting for the letter good luck to you. Pleas have u get your interview date yet ?

Edited by Jemal deen

Timeline

Hey guys,

I had a question. Where are you checking your case status now? I was checking the USCIS site, but now that it's been sent to the NVC and forwarded to the embassy in Accra, I'm not sure where to check anymore. Please let me know. Thanks :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey guys,

I had a question. Where are you checking your case status now? I was checking the USCIS site, but now that it's been sent to the NVC and forwarded to the embassy in Accra, I'm not sure where to check anymore. Please let me know. Thanks :)

You can check with your new case number that Department of State assigned you all when it got to the NVC. It should start with ACC at this site : https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Timeline

You can check with your new case number that Department of State assigned you all when it got to the NVC. It should start with ACC at this site : https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Got it. Thanks so much! :)

• 2 weeks later...

my fiance had her interview at the U.S embassy in Ghana last week on January 21st, and she answered every question correctly, then she was asked if my family has met her family and she said yes, and she was asked again what they my family came to do and she said they came to perform "knocking rite" as done traditionally when you intend to marry someone. the consular then told her we are married and so she is going to return the case back and so we should filled for as marriage. she tried her best to let the consular know that she is "knocking rite" doesn't mean we are married, but she was paid attention to. My attorney has emailed the embassy for them to give her another interview base on misunderstanding because 'knocking rite' is not marriage and we have not married before not have any marriage certificate, but they haven't replied him back. i also contacted my Senator and she emailed them too to rescind their decision and give her another interview, but no answer back as of yet. Is there any other option out there since i can't filled for her as marriage because we are not.?

PS:my fiance says there were about 3 people ahead of her denied by the same interviewer saying they are married because of "knocking rite"

Timeline

my fiance had her interview at the U.S embassy in Ghana last week on January 21st, and she answered every question correctly, then she was asked if my family has met her family and she said yes, and she was asked again what they my family came to do and she said they came to perform "knocking rite" as done traditionally when you intend to marry someone. the consular then told her we are married and so she is going to return the case back and so we should filled for as marriage. she tried her best to let the consular know that she is "knocking rite" doesn't mean we are married, but she was paid attention to. My attorney has emailed the embassy for them to give her another interview base on misunderstanding because 'knocking rite' is not marriage and we have not married before not have any marriage certificate, but they haven't replied him back. i also contacted my Senator and she emailed them too to rescind their decision and give her another interview, but no answer back as of yet. Is there any other option out there since i can't filled for her as marriage because we are not.?

PS:my fiance says there were about 3 people ahead of her denied by the same interviewer saying they are married because of "knocking rite"

Wow, that's crazy koffers. My fiance and I were also thinking of doing a traditional engagement ceremony when I was there, but decided not to. So glad we didn't. Have you heard back from them yet about getting another interview? Also, how long did it take for you to hear back from your Senator? And did you just email him/her or call? Just wondering in case I need to contact mine in the future. Good luck!

Timeline

Hey guys, I'm still waiting to hear from the embassy in Accra too. (Last thing I got was the the NVC letter on Dec 21st). I just checked my CEAC status and it says "ready," so I'm guessing that's a good thing? Also it says my case creation date was Dec 15th and status updated Jan 25th. Do you think the status is updated when it reaches the embassy? Maybe the embassy opened our case on the 25th and mailed us the letter to pick up our packet that date too? Hopefully, then I'll receive the letter this week or next? Or am I just reading too much into this? Sorry, just getting really impatient like a lot of us here. Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!

Wow, that's crazy koffers. My fiance and I were also thinking of doing a traditional engagement ceremony when I was there, but decided not to. So glad we didn't. Have you heard back from them yet about getting another interview? Also, how long did it take for you to hear back from your Senator? And did you just email him/her or call? Just wondering in case I need to contact mine in the future.

I haven't heard back from them yet, still praying and hoping. I first went to the senator's website and then filled the form and then I called the office right after that and they send an enquiry email to the embassy that same day. I will advice you to not talk about anything relating to traditional rite to the consular.

Also, instead of the embassy to send the letter for the package to the beneficial in Ghana, they are going to mail it directly to you in U.S and then you scan and emailed it to your fiancé in Ghana. Patience and prayers is all that you need right now, because these people delays a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.