SoerenHelmer

NVC Filers - january 2016

1,548 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Me too! Good thing I have a lot of chocolate to call me down...best therapy ever lol :clock:

Yes this whole process has been very frustrating. They always tend to satisfy me after all patience have been lost. USCIS California Service Center for example supposed to take 5 months for NOA2 took us 7 months, I received NOA2 on the same day i lost it with them over the phone. Then they say it takes 7 to 21 days for NVC to receive, took us 26. etc.. etc.. The pattern for us has been add about 40% extra time to the maximum. So for the case complete i'm Just going to add another 12 days after the 45 days are up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes this whole process has been very frustrating. They always tend to satisfy me after all patience have been lost. USCIS California Service Center for example supposed to take 5 months for NOA2 took us 7 months, I received NOA2 on the same day i lost it with them over the phone. Then they say it takes 7 to 21 days for NVC to receive, took us 26. etc.. etc.. The pattern for us has been add about 40% extra time to the maximum. So for the case complete i'm Just going to add another 12 days after the 45 days are up.

I can totally relate to you in that sense. Our process has been frustrating since our former AOS back still in 2014!!!! I cry when I think about it...it´s 2016 already and here I am. I just wanted to live like a normal wife :cry:

Anyways, it´s no use to cry over spilt milk. Things have also slow down a little bit after NOA2. Just like you, we are also expecting way over 45 days. My husband and I have agreed upon just putting the application under supervisor review after 60 days; that´s what we have set our mindsets for.

We hope to celebrate our 2nd anniversary together...maybe. :clock::clock::clock:

Edited by Pedrita
11/17/2013: Our first date
07/18/2014: We moved in together s2
08/23/2014: Got married
Nov./2014: Sent AOS packages (I was living in the US)
Dec. 2014: Biometrics (didn´t go through)
Jan. 2015: Biometrics for the second time (didn´t go through again)
Feb. 2015: Biometric for the third time!!!!! (it went through this time)
03/06/2015: Interview scheduled ----> didn´t happen due to inclement weather
05/13/2015: I returned to Brazil :´(
06/19/2015: Our former AOS + I-130 were denied
08/14/2015: We filed our new I-130 for CR-1 visa
08/18/2015: Received receipt by mail - Routed to CSC
10/07/2015: NOA2
10/28/2015: NVC Received
11/18/2015: Case number + IIN over the phone
11/19/2015: Received AOS Bill
11/19/2015: Submitted DS-261
11/20/2015: Paid AOS Fee
11/24/2015: Reviewed DS-261 over the phone + unlocked IV fee bill
11/25/2015: Paid IV fee bill
11/30/2015: Mailed AOS and IV packages
12/03/2015: IV fee showed paid
12/03/2015: Filled out and submitted DS-260
12/02/2015: Scan date
12/07/2015: Received email about scan date
12/31/2015: New email, same scan date
01/11/2016: Case Complete at NVC
01/13/2016: Interview appointment letter by email
01/27/2016: Medical exam in Rio
02/26/2016: Interview in Rio de Janeiro
03/05/2016: Arrived to the US
04/25/2016: Green Card came in the mail...Thank God, we are done for now.

event.png
event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just saw the third N/A is this case complete because I cant believe it ? Cant wait to call the NVC

Congrats. Still nothing for me. Hope that changes today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

:( I hope we get it soon. I am panicking by now. I try to focus on work and studies but my mind is at NVC...so anxious! I´ll follow your timeline for updates.

Staying relaxed is the best thing you can do right now, and never lose hope! You will be reunited with your loved one, I believe in it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I just got off the phone with NVC and they said my case has been complete on january 4 and everything is correct, they are waiting the embassy to schedule an interview ... I cant believe that its done I am vey happy and Greatful to everyone for your help and your advice through this process .

Thank you and good luck to everyone waiting on their cases ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can totally relate to you in that sense. Our process has been frustrating since our former AOS back still in 2014!!!! I cry when I think about it...it´s 2016 already and here I am. I just wanted to live like a normal wife :cry:

Anyways, it´s no use to cry over spilt milk. Things have also slow down a little bit after NOA2. Just like you, we are also expecting way over 45 days. My husband and I have agreed upon just putting the application under supervisor review after 60 days; that´s what we have set our mindsets for.

We hope to celebrate our 2nd anniversary together...maybe. :clock::clock::clock:

Don't think about it too much, Just hold on a little longer and you will see that light at the end of the tunnel soon.

I just called. Apparently I will be receiving a checklist soon. This so frustrating after waiting 40 days they will send a checklist.

I'm sorry to hear that. We also got a checklist just when we were about to receive CC, I would advise you to send the item they require before they even send you the checklist, that's what we did. The checklist came 4 days after new scan date, it may not semester much, but those days waiting for it matter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. We also got a checklist just when we were about to receive CC, I would advise you to send the item they require before they even send you the checklist, that's what we did. The checklist came 4 days after new scan date, it may not semester much, but those days waiting for it matter.

The person over the phone didn't mention what the checklist was for. Should I call and ask again?

The person over the phone didn't mention what the checklist was for. Should I call and ask again?

Call back, I did the same thing, and we sent the document using the cover sheet we received from NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called. Apparently I will be receiving a checklist soon. This so frustrating after waiting 40 days they will send a checklist.

I'm sorry to hear that, I got a checklist as well at 41 days! It is so heart breaking. But according to my lawyer it should be quick for them to get your CC after this point. Just stay strong for your loved ones!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Good morning!

I called the NVC earlier this morning, they have not reviewed my case yet, the Cust Svc Rep told me the usual: "it is now taking 30-45 days to review cases and completion" I asked her if I had to wait the 45 days to call again, she said No, keep calling whenever you have a chance for an update.

Scan date 11/30...

Congrats to the 11/25 CC and good luck to the rest!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.