Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

There were some instances in the document where the Beneficiary's Birth Certificate was requested. I can reach out to those individuals (hopefully they are still active on the forum) to see if they ever got an explanation as to why it was requested for the petition.

My best guess is that when they attempted to do the background checks they were missing some information and requested it. Or it could have been requested as proof of an original name prior to any name changes they had due to previous marriages or other legal name changes. That is just my guess based off of what I have read in the past but this particular RFE has only happened a small handful of times so I can't imagine it will be required moving forward.

I will try to get an explanation why, but keep in mind the USCIS is not accustomed to providing people with clear explanations as to why it was requested and we may never know exactly why they needed them, but I will try to get an answer.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, but here's my RFE:

Reasons:

Circumstances of Meeting

Last Personal Meeting

Response:

Prepared another detailed "letter" explaining how we met. I sent the same with the initial packet, but this one is more detailed (as detailed as I could be on the first time I met my fiancee from 7 years ago without making things up)

Prepared details of proof of our meeting in the past 2 years prior to the original application being submitted. Even though I had also previously submitted this same proof, I broke it down into sections labeled as "evidence ##". I also noted in the original application, as well as the response, that we currently, and have been for years, reside together as a family with our 2 children (both of hwom just got their US citizenships by way of CRBA).

I'm just wainting on confirmation as to where to send the information requested as the RFE itself doesn't mention that information.

I must say that I feel like whoever is processing our application isn't paying attention or just didn't care enough to look at the entire application packet because I was extremely thorough (thanks to this site) with my original application, and both items in the RFE were covered more than adequately in the original application. Just as a point of reference, my original application was nearly 100 pages...

Timeline

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, but here's my RFE:

Reasons:

Circumstances of Meeting

Last Personal Meeting

Response:

Prepared another detailed "letter" explaining how we met. I sent the same with the initial packet, but this one is more detailed (as detailed as I could be on the first time I met my fiancee from 7 years ago without making things up)

Prepared details of proof of our meeting in the past 2 years prior to the original application being submitted. Even though I had also previously submitted this same proof, I broke it down into sections labeled as "evidence ##". I also noted in the original application, as well as the response, that we currently, and have been for years, reside together as a family with our 2 children (both of hwom just got their US citizenships by way of CRBA).

I'm just wainting on confirmation as to where to send the information requested as the RFE itself doesn't mention that information.

I must say that I feel like whoever is processing our application isn't paying attention or just didn't care enough to look at the entire application packet because I was extremely thorough (thanks to this site) with my original application, and both items in the RFE were covered more than adequately in the original application. Just as a point of reference, my original application was nearly 100 pages...

So with regard to your RFE unfortunately we have seen in the past that USCIS has lost part or all of petitions sent, especially when they are larger like yours is. I am not saying that this is what happened in your situation, but it is my best guess.

Your paper copy of your RFE should tell you on it exactly where you must send it. It should be listed on the document itself because you have to return the paper with it. I believe its a green or red color paper, but someone who recently got an RFE can confirm the color of the paper that has the address on it. If you truly do not have an address I would call the USCIS and ask them where you are supposed to send your response. Tell them you received your paper copy of your RFE but the return address portion was missing. They should be able to look it up and tell you where you need to send it. The key thing is it must have your case # on it once it is returned so that they can properly attach it to your open petition.

You are posting in the right place by the way so no worries there! Also please post when it gets accepted so I can add you to the current list! (especially since you put a very detailed response and reason for your RFE for me to add to the tracker! kudos!!)

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

I've heard here on the forum that huge packets like that cause issues as they cant find what they are looking for. Did you have TABS

I didn't have tabs but I did separate everything with paperclips so I can't imagine how they lost any of it... unless of course they're just non-caring govermnet workers going through the motions 9-5 every day...

Timeline

So with regard to your RFE unfortunately we have seen in the past that USCIS has lost part or all of petitions sent, especially when they are larger like yours is. I am not saying that this is what happened in your situation, but it is my best guess.

Your paper copy of your RFE should tell you on it exactly where you must send it. It should be listed on the document itself because you have to return the paper with it. I believe its a green or red color paper, but someone who recently got an RFE can confirm the color of the paper that has the address on it. If you truly do not have an address I would call the USCIS and ask them where you are supposed to send your response. Tell them you received your paper copy of your RFE but the return address portion was missing. They should be able to look it up and tell you where you need to send it. The key thing is it must have your case # on it once it is returned so that they can properly attach it to your open petition.

You are posting in the right place by the way so no worries there! Also please post when it gets accepted so I can add you to the current list! (especially since you put a very detailed response and reason for your RFE for me to add to the tracker! kudos!!)

Thanks. I'll be sure to post back... but let me ask, do you mean accepted as when it gets delivered, or are they going to send me something else letting me know things will move forward?

Thanks again

Timeline

CJ,

Just reply when you receive your NOA2. This means your petition was approved that way we know your RFE was successful. That is how the data from the document is listed.

Good luck with your RFE and here is to hoping for a swift approval!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My RFE:

Required further primary evidence & a statement.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I did not have "primary evidence" of flight tickets, hotels, passport stamps etc from visits to my fiancé as he was actually living in the UK and has been for 3 years.

I originally sent them photos, and a small statement explaining how we met, when we met in person, and that we lived together. This did NOT suffice.

What I sent back:

Military orders stationing him in the UK

Utility bill in his name to the house in UK where he was living

Detailed statement included addresses signed by both of us

I suppose had I thought outside the box I could have included military orders - but obviously you do what is asked for on the guides, and they aren't case specific.

We got approved with the above further evidence.

Thanks. I'll be sure to post back... but let me ask, do you mean accepted as when it gets delivered, or are they going to send me something else letting me know things will move forward?

Thanks again

My paper was blue!

I am the beneficiary originally from UK !!

ROC Timeline:

01.04.19: I-751 Received @ Phoenix

01.09.19: Check Cashed

02.13.19: NOA Received

04.30.19: Biometrics Completed

Timeline

Hey,

We got RFE at 9th of December to sent them updated passport pictures one more time.

Good luck everyone!

one more time? So they have requested updated PP photos before?

What is wrong with the ones you had?

I mean if they were photos from the 1990's I could see but adult usually don't change their appearance that much in 6-12 months.

Timeline

My RFE Update:

RFE Package accepted on 14 December 2015

And: On December 18, 2015, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E)

So I guess that means it's off to the NVC now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In two days it'll be TWO MONTHS since TSC received our RFE response. And we are still waiting! :-(

Called last week. They said they would put in a service request. But still nothing.

Have been coping with all the waiting since March but it's starting to get seriously difficult now.

Timeline

My RFE:

Required further primary evidence & a statement.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I did not have "primary evidence" of flight tickets, hotels, passport stamps etc from visits to my fiancé as he was actually living in the UK and has been for 3 years.

I originally sent them photos, and a small statement explaining how we met, when we met in person, and that we lived together. This did NOT suffice.

What I sent back:

Military orders stationing him in the UK

Utility bill in his name to the house in UK where he was living

Detailed statement included addresses signed by both of us

I suppose had I thought outside the box I could have included military orders - but obviously you do what is asked for on the guides, and they aren't case specific.

We got approved with the above further evidence.

My paper was blue!

Emmylou,

Thank you so much for the perfect RFE post and for keeping your timeline up to date! I have added you to the big list. Keep in mind I made the note, as with all others, short so I could fit it on the list without making it to large. I kept a more detailed version on my seperate list!

Thank you as well for helping me with the updated RFE paper color! So helpful to keep all this information as updated as possible!!! Huge Kudos to you!!!

Eagleowl,

I would say from my experience with TSC at this point give it another week max then try and loop in your local congressman. At this point they are outside of the normal 6 month goal that they might try and quote to you regarding TSC. Hopefully they will be able to find a resolution for you! I shall keep my fingers crossed that it works out and that you get an answer soon!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.