Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Hello everybody,

My question is regarding RFE, after text notification how long it will take to get the hard copy of the RFE on the mail?

Thanks for your replies. Highly appreciated. 

I had mine in 5 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 10/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, nekotakacho said:

Yes!! I made a similar mistake. I mis-spelled my fiancee's name because her passport uses the Russian government spelling and it's different than we normally spell it (they use i's instead of y's). I realized it a few months after NOA1 was issued. So, I went online to my USCIS account and submitted a typographical error change request. It took a while (maybe a month?), but they emailed me with instructions on how to fax the corrections in (yes, you can ONLY fax it). I simply typed up a nice cover letter explaining my situation, and what sections (by number) to apply the corrections. For example, we had to fix not only her name, but her parents name in 3 different entries in the application. So it was important to give them the numbers on where to do it.

To submit a typographical error, they have a website:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do 

They made the changes (I assume because it was approved). You can either catch it now and try to fix it or wait for RFE

I ended up getting an RFE anyways, because my birth certificate was not original, it was a re-issued one. So, I sent in a copy of my original and it should be fine. 

Hi! Thanks! But are you sure this is the way to go? I went to the website and this is what it says:

Typographic Error

Did you receive a notice, document or card from USCIS and it contains a typographic error? We can assist you in correcting the error.

What I understand from that is that this is applicable only if it was them the ones who made the error

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
23 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hi! Thanks! But are you sure this is the way to go? I went to the website and this is what it says:

Typographic Error

Did you receive a notice, document or card from USCIS and it contains a typographic error? We can assist you in correcting the error.

What I understand from that is that this is applicable only if it was them the ones who made the error

I am 100% percent certain this is how to do it. You need to submit a typographic error and they will send you the instructions on how to correct it. It doesn't matter if they did it or if you did it. I realized I had a typo about 3 months after I submitted, so I called them and waited on hold for 1-2 hours. I finally spoke to somebody and they said to simply request a typo.

That request will take a month to process, and they'll give you instructions on how to fax it in. My typo was my fault, and I caught it myself. And they have since fixed it! It was not fast.

When they fixed it, they issued an NOA. I was confused and thought it was my NOA2, but it was not. I guess when they correct a typo, that is considered an NOA as well. Very confusing process.

If you dont believe me, feel free to call them but be prepared to wait a few hours to speak to anyone.

Edited by nekotakacho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 10/16/2018 at 5:48 PM, nekotakacho said:

I am 100% percent certain this is how to do it. You need to submit a typographic error and they will send you the instructions on how to correct it. It doesn't matter if they did it or if you did it. I realized I had a typo about 3 months after I submitted, so I called them and waited on hold for 1-2 hours. I finally spoke to somebody and they said to simply request a typo.

That request will take a month to process, and they'll give you instructions on how to fax it in. My typo was my fault, and I caught it myself. And they have since fixed it! It was not fast.

When they fixed it, they issued an NOA. I was confused and thought it was my NOA2, but it was not. I guess when they correct a typo, that is considered an NOA as well. Very confusing process.

If you dont believe me, feel free to call them but be prepared to wait a few hours to speak to anyone.

Thanks! I've just submitted the e-request and i was told to expect a reply by Nov 8th. Fingers crossed

Timeline
1 minute ago, araxoolie said:

My RFE reply was received on the 9th and we got our NOA2 on the 19th. So, 10 days for us.

We're still waiting. They received ours on the 5th. 😢 Was the website updated for you guys or did you just get it in the mail? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, araxoolie said:

We got it by mail; the website had not updated when I checked it earlier the same day.

Thanks. I hope we get ours this week! 🤞

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alan&Alex said:

Thanks. I hope we get ours this week! 🤞

1 hour ago, Alan&Alex said:

We're still waiting. They received ours on the 5th. 😢 Was the website updated for you guys or did you just get it in the mail? 

It’s been day 52 since my RFE response was received (August 31st). The website is still not updated that I was approved. A tier 2 told me a determination was made on my case on September 9th but it wasn’t showing as an approval. Meanwhile, my case is already at the embassy and we are about to schedule an interview but I still haven’t received an NOA2. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Approved today! 29 days post response. (I apologize to those of us that follow the same threads and thus have read this a few times now  😇). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

Approved today! 29 days post response. (I apologize to those of us that follow the same threads and thus have read this a few times now  😇). 

Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

Great congratulaciones I've keeping an eye on you guys. Congratulations again. Ours was received just october 29th. Hope it doesn't take long.

Edited by Valmabe

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Buenos dias alguien que me pueda orientar y decirme por favor el 30 de octubre me llego un correo del NVC diciéndome mi nuevi número de caso BGT y qye ya hiba a ser enviado al consulado en Bogotá pero ya no e recibido nada mas ni la carta fisica que me debe llegar para solicitar y agendar mis citas me podrian decir cuánto es la demora de este proceso o que podria hacer para adelantar mi proceso y que me envian la carta para agendar mi cita para examenes medicos y entrevista les agradezco la colaboracion prestada 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.