salmank4

October 2015 Interview for F2A visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This thread for all f2a visa. Please mention your interview date , as well.as interview related queries and please must share your interview experience if u have done with it.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nepal
Timeline
  • F2A for my wife
  • Recieved Interview letter on Sep 11
  • Interview Scheduled at Kathmandu on Oct 7
  • Medical Scheduled for this Friday

I have a few questions:

1. How long does it normally take to receive the visa after a successful interview? If someone has experience from the Embassy in Kathmandu, please share.
  2. Do we have to create a profile at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/
  3. Do we need to bring along documents not mentioned in the instructions? Like photographs and such?

USCIS
09/07/2019 : i-130 mailed ✉️

Timeline

@imadol

If visa is approved then it normaly takes 1 - 2 weeks you can get ur visa.

Read your interview letter they list out all the required doc you need even photo and etc . So read it and dont miss anything.

@echkay

if you have any query regarding medical.then ask and best of luck :)

@Imtiaz & A

If your priority date is current then call nvc and ask about your IL.

Best of luck

Edited by salmank4

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How i wish i can join u guys in this forum..ive love to have conversation with this thread..i just got CC..hope to get oct2015 IL

12/23/13 : PRIORITY DATE

02/28/15 : DS-261

03/04/15 : AOS bill paid

06/30/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/02/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/02/15 : Scan Date

07/30/15 : Paid IV fee

07/31/15 : submitted DS-260

08/10/15 : checklist thru phone call (told by CSR but never receive checklist email) they request me to send my civil docs

08/24/15 : re-sent civil docs

08/26/15 : 2nd scan date (received email 08/29/15)

09/10/15 : called nvc..CSR told me i have no problem with my documents and just call back next week

09/15/15 : called morning not cc..called again at 6:15 pm already CASE COMPLETE

09/22/15 : received case complete e-mail

09/30/15 : called in the morning, my 1st and 2nd call no IL...called again at 12:30pm i got IL for NOV 10

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

salmank4 , thanksalot for the info. my wife is scheduling medical examination this week. she will be taking her vaccination record photos interview letter and passport and other documents for medical . she will be done beforeeid Inshallah . i hope we are doing procedure in right direction :-)

Timeline

imtiaz & A ,i received interview letter by email and my wife also receivd the same email. is it neccessary now to call nvc to doube check ??

No need to call NVC, NVC part is done. Now call medical guys and schedule your medical.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I would like to share my interview experience as this thread was very helpful for me when I was preparing for the interview process.

I just successfully passed my interview this morning (September 16 at 615am) at the US Embassy in Manila. I got to the embassy at 430am and was like the 20th person in line. Make sure to bring your DS-260 confirmation form, appointment letter from the NVC, and your current Philippine passport. Also make sure that you leave behind all electronic gadgets, food, snacks, metal objects (sharp things, flashlights) as they will not let you in the embassy and you might have to reschedule your interview.

They started letting us in at about 630am. Once we got inside, our bags were rechecke. Then we did biometrics. After that the first interview was a sort of pre-screening. A Filipino consul officer collected documents which the embassy had asked me to bring before hand (original copies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate, CENOMAR, and NBI clearance). Make sure that you double check all these documents so that they don't ask you to come back and so that your visa won't get delayed. Then he asked me some questions. These are the ones I could remember:

1.) My full name

2.) If I had travelled outside of the Philippines

3.) If I had ever been to the US ( I had been there once on a tourist visa).

4.) How long I stayed in the US. What I did during my stay there. How come I did not renew my visa ( I told him it was difficult to apply for a tourist visa which is why I chose not to renew it)

5.) What my husband did for a living

6.) How did he go to the United States

7.) How we met. When we got together

8.) The last time I saw my husband

9.) How many times he had visited me

10.) He asked to see pictures

After the initial screening with the Filipino officer I sat back down and waited to have my oath taken before the final interview. At around 730 we were called again to line up for the final interview with an American consul. I was very nervous as I was able to listen in to some of the interviews being conducted while I was waiting for my turn in line.

At last, my number was called and an Asian-American consul officer who looked like she wasn't in a very good mood stood behind the window to conduct my interview. I greeted her anyway.

To my surprise she asked fewer questions. She asked if I had travelled outside of the Philippines and how long, and who was petitioning me. After that she just scanned my case folder and told me that my visa was approved!

I felt so relieved! Anyway, I hope my story helps quell any doubts or fears anyone has about their upcoming interview. Of course, it's always good to be prepared and understandably everyone is nervous, but I hope this eases the pressure a bit. Best of luck to everyone!

Timeline

yeah umer we are on medical scheduling part. once done will finalize all documents needed for interivew and just wait for the interview date thats it. :-)

Timeline

can anyone tell me how long does it take for case from nvc to reach islamabad . some ppl say the status changes to in transit. in my case still showing nvc. IL ISSUED 11 sep 2015. for oct 19 interview date . any idea ??

Timeline

@echkay

When u got IL. They send ur package after some days or may be some weeks.when they send ur package in courier system u will get in Transit When embassy recieved ur package and put in their system. Ur status will be ready.

So dont worry ur case will.become on ready soon. I got IL on sep 11 , and this last tuesday my case is showing ready without getting transit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.