raven52

Not well informed enough, to ask the questions I need an answer to.,.,.not sure what to do!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Similar topics merged; please do not start multiple threads on the same subject.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Hello fellow VJers,

I hope I do not make a total, mumbling, bumbling fool of myself trying to ask a question my wife has brought to my attention. We have to file ROC, in about 2 weeks, and she waits until now to bring this to my attention.

MODS, if I am not posting in the correct thread, please move me, as I feel very un-sure and quite "scrambled" working on ROC, then get "hit with this potential" problem from my """Filipino wife"""..,.,.yeah, I still love her to death.,.,.hahahha!

OK, filed AOS, no problems, no interview, no rfe's.

We used her new married name and her maiden name when asked for it. All went fine.

So, almost 2 years later, we are ready to file ROC, by Oct. 4.

For some reason, she asks me if her passport saying her name as Joy Mxxxxxxy...,., middle name Caixxxxan, (Filipino passport, went to Out Reach here in the South East when they were close and got new passport)when her 2 year GC says her true married name, Joy Son Mxxxxxxy.

So, for her, she has two names, and if ever had to use the passport, with GC to travel, IT WOULD be a huge problem. GC, drivers license, marriage license says Joy. S. Mxxxxxxy.

HER PASSPORT says her name is Joy Mxxxxxxy..,.,.,.,middle name Caixxxxan.,.her maiden name,.,.,.,MY PROBLEM.,.,.,.,.is her middle name starts with an """S""" and her former Maiden name has nothing to do with her new married name.

So passport looks like this: Joy Mxxxxxy

middle name Caixxxxxxan (SHE SAYS HER FILIPINO PASSPORT SAYS HER NAME IS JOY ""C"" MXXXXXXXXY! She says, Filipinos use the former maiden name as the middle

name, when new passport is issued.

Her GC, drivers licens, marriage license, SS card, work I.D. card.,.,etc, shows Joy S. Mxxxxxxy! (How can Filipino passport not use her real middle name, begins with an ""S.""

I am confused just trying to type this, I hope someone who has experienced this, can "set me straight"..,..because this ROC, has me scared stiff, it is so much material to submit, and I am

not sure if they ask for passport info. page.

Please have patience, as I do not "rattle" very easily,..,.,.but I am really rattled..,.,.,.,too much to deal with at one time. I.,.,really look forward to some knowledgeable VJers, to help out! Thanks, in advance!

Hi! I am the Pinay, I think PH Embassy follows the PH rules. I have a somewhat similar situation. In the PH, a lot of us have two first names, ex. Ana Maria are my first names, middle name is Gomez (which is my mother's last name when she was still single (maiden name) then last name is Santos (my dad's last name). When a Filipina gets married, the maiden name, (in my example will be dropped and her dad's last name will be used as a middle name.

So that being said, my name will be Ana Maria for the first name, Santos for the middle name and Smith for the last name. This is the PH way. Since you got married in here (US), they follow their rules when it comes to the name. If I married here, my name will be Ana Maria, Gomez Smith.

That is probably why all her information from here are different from her PH passport. I think you can get a some soft of certificate from the PH embassy indicating you are the same person. (Fellow VJ's correct me if I am wrong).

So, the way things are now, "could she travel internationally?"

With no problems?

It should not be a problem as long as the ticket is matching the one in the passport since it's use to enter other countries. For entering back the US and the need to show the green card, just get an affidavit of the same person before you leave to make sure that it's showing that the green card holder and the passport holder are the same.

So, the way things are now, "could she travel internationally?"

With no problems?

She could leave the U.S., but she may have a problem entering the U.S.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.