lutz

Ghanaian Husband's Visa CR1 Denied

80 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I presume when you say we purchased a house, you paid for it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

He intends for his child to follow after he gets settled in the US. You cannot judge everyone in the world. You do not know what every father will do. I understand what you're getting at but he will get on his feet in the US then send for the child. I cannot support the child financially.

Timeline

Ghana is a country where just about everything that can be paid for, can be produced. (House deed, birth certificates, etc.) While you are fighting your case, I urge you to look into these things that the CO has questioned herself. Take a trip back to Ghana if you can, and make absolute sure of things yourself. I hate to be a negative nelly, but something is just weird. You bought a house in a country that you said "is not for you" instead of renting because you dont like to rent. Even as an investment, there has to be better things to invest in than a house in Ghana. Make sure the papers you have for the house are legit and that you are the true owner of it, for starters. If you research online about those 'love stories gone wrong' coming from West Africa, a lot of them start out as a single guy with child whose other parent either abandoned the child or passed away. Having "the child" makes the man seem more vulnerable and plays on the heart strings of the USC. I cant imagine that a Ghanaian man who has been caring for his daughter due to her mother abandoning her, is then going to abandon her and run off to the US without having some sort of concrete plan in place to reunite with the child at some point. It doesnt even seem like the two of you have discussed it much since he was totally unprepared at the time of interview to even answer questions about her and the mother. Then there is the questionable sister that has popped up because she saw that he was having difficulties with the daughter. Where was she before you met your spouse? Is it just now that he's having difficulties with her? I in no means am trying to assume anything about this situation...but the facts are that he was financially not doing well when you met him, and now he has a house and car and you also stated that you submitted receipts from sending western union to him. I just beg you to take the love blinders off for a minute and really take a hard look at things. I think that all of us would be doing you a disservice by not telling you that from the outside looking in....there may be something wrong here. Wishing you the best!

You said you cant support the child financially but you bought a house, car and are supporting him. Its easier to support all three of you in one location (the US or Ghana) than it is to maintain your home in the States, and his home in Ghana.

:thumbs:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ghana seems like an awful consulate--is your husband Muslim? That might dock more points since they believe polygamy is acceptable and the CO is questioning the relationship he has with his ex.

A relative of mine recently immigrated with his spouse and their children followed, it's not that ludicrous although it is more expensive and a hassle to go through the process again.

It seems like you have a good case for a second interview. They are focusing on the "red" flags and not giving you a chance to explain. Good luck!

Filed: Timeline

He intends for his child to follow after he gets settled in the US. You cannot judge everyone in the world. You do not know what every father will do. I understand what you're getting at but he will get on his feet in the US then send for the child. I cannot support the child financially.

This statement contradict every statement you have stated prior to this post. You brought a house, and car in a foreign country, but you cannot support a .5 of an additional member to your household.

Yes, I do believe that you and your husband have different views than many of us who has responded to your post. But, this view point is what has made the CO concern about this petition. The CO did try to get him to explain his rational about leaving the child behind, but I quess he couldn't quite get the story out clearly.

In the eight months you lived there you formed no attachment to the child, that is was so easy for both of you to just leave this child behind, halfway Across the world.

See all of this thought the eyes of the CO.

Try emailing the embassy with your view of his situation, see if they may consider another interview.

Good luck on your journey going forward.

Edited by Hardfacts123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Vj sucks. This lady Is only asking for a guideline and not for people to judge or go into her private life. I expected the forum to say something if they can and not all the jargons of someone using one as a green card wife. That's so stupid and unethical. For the fact some of you had been duped or deceived does not mean everyone will. Madam, this is your husband and the case is worth fighting for. Do whatever thing u can to support your man and see that any documents needed to facilitate the speedy respond to your case. Go with the treads that offer solution to your case and not the ones judging your relationship. Be wise

Well, the CO gets paid to apply their judgment, so they do judge every day. Let's say that everything you said is true, despite the inconsistencies. And let's say you have authentic documentation. How are YOU, lutz, going to prove you're a bona fide wife? You can buy a house in your native land, but refuse to take on, not "his child", but YOUR step-daughter? You can pay for his expenses, but not hers. So not only are you willing to marry a man who is willing to leave his child, he is willing to marry a woman that will not accept his daughter as her own. I don't know how you will overcome that.

How much more would it have been to include your daughter on the petition? How long is your husband going to need to wait before he can petition her? How old will she be by then? Can you really support your husband if you're so close to the poverty line that you couldn't include her too? Overcoming these red flags will be hard; I don't know what sort of documentation you can give. Maybe a "cost-benefit analysis"??

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Vj sucks. This lady Is only asking for a guideline and not for people to judge or go into her private life. I expected the forum to say something if they can and not all the jargons of someone using one as a green card wife. That's so stupid and unethical. For the fact some of you had been duped or deceived does not mean everyone will. Madam, this is your husband and the case is worth fighting for. Do whatever thing u can to support your man and see that any documents needed to facilitate the speedy respond to your case. Go with the treads that offer solution to your case and not the ones judging your relationship. Be wise

Exactly. From what I read, she is merely asking for guidelines of how to keep it in Ghana instead of them returning it to USCIS. Only a couple people offered her some help. Everyone else seems to be judging and probing into her personal situation. She doesn't have to explain everything about their relationship, his daughter, why she bought a house, car, etc. That's HER business.

**I am the petitioner**

K-1 Visa Timeline :clock:

I-129F mailed: Aug 28, 2015

Application delivered: Aug 29, 2015

NOA1: Sept 2, 2015

NOA2: Oct 1, 2015

Case Ready @ Embassy: Oct 27, 2015

Timeline

It was conducted in the embassy in Accra Ghana. I cannot figure out what went wrong, we submitted all required documents.

Well this was posted.

Exactly. From what I read, she is merely asking for guidelines of how to keep it in Ghana instead of them returning it to USCIS. Only a couple people offered her some help. Everyone else seems to be judging and probing into her personal situation. She doesn't have to explain everything about their relationship, his daughter, why she bought a house, car, etc. That's HER business.

Sure, she doesn't need to reveal any of this to us at all. But what's the point if keeping the petition in Accra if you can't overcome the questions that are brought up here? The facts remain the same, no matter anyone's opinions or feelings. It's the business of the CO and if these issues aren't cleared up with the embassy, the visa can be refused.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Thank you posters for coming to my defense. Yes, I am just asking questions and I don't need to be judged, but I know in this life there are always those people around, so I don't let them bother me too much.

I will do my best to solve this problem. I don't really care what others think (well, only those that can offer me constructive advice and criticism). My husband and I know what we are and what we've been through. I don't let negativity get me down, no time for that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

when people find love and things like this happened. If you have a solution to her case please kindly offer to assist if u can. In this journey so far it has always been a sweet/bitter experience with the so call IO at various us consulates in the world. If u attempt this process and got it once doesn't mean you know it better than others that are denied. It's just a game of luck. Many couples with genuine relationships in this forum also face issues like this. This has nothing to do with age difference or having a step daughter. Please look into the refusal letter very well and retrace where the errors come from and correct it. In due time your man will be reschedule for an interview. For those that believe life is all about greencard,or that was duped in their previous relationship. Please get a life. This lady is talking about her man and how to get him here in due course.

Timeline

And the last thing I will say is: Boiler, I got your tone, OK? At first I didn't know what went wrong, but because some people on VJ enlightened me, I now know. I thank them very much. The rest, with the snarky tone, thank you too, for some morsels of advice, but please go pick on someone else. I'm just trying to solve my problem.

Another thing to think about is if you are going to (or are eligible to) file an IR-2 visa for her. Otherwise, he will only be able to petition a F-2 visa, which is limited to 114,000 annually and globally. Not sure if you have researched this.

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.