Argo

Applying for visiting visa(B1) after filing CR-1

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The totaility of your situation is what matters, you have mentioned two negatives, India and being married to a US Citizen. You have mentioned one positive, job, there may be others.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I can speak from our experience. Last month after having our petition forwarded to the NVC, we decided that if this was going to take 3 or so month more, my wife would try apply for a B2. She interviewed and the CO told her he had good news and bad news. The good news was that in a couple of months she will be spending the rest of our lives together without having to return to Kenya. The bad news was that because she had an immigrant visa pending, she would not be given the B2. She was also told that she had enough ties to have obtained the B2 were the immigrant visa not applied for.

Filed: Timeline

It is very challenging to demonstrate non-immigrant intent with an active CR1 in process, as that demonstrates immigrant intent. Which one will (generally) prevail? Since obtaining a B2 visa, the applicant must convince the CO of not having immigrant intent, that doesn't ring true when another ongoing process shows the same applicant having immigrant intent.

Claiming that one 'must return' to complete the CR1 process is not even a true statement, as many people have quickly turned to an AOS, even while their luggage tags are still on their suitcases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have just read in the USCIS facebook page that we can apply for K-3 non-immigrant visa while i130 is pending. I was advised by an attorney that US gov doesn't issue K-3 anymore, but the post in USCIS fb page is recent one.

Suggestions? :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I have just read in the USCIS facebook page that we can apply for K-3 non-immigrant visa while i130 is pending. I was advised by an attorney that US gov doesn't issue K-3 anymore, but the post in USCIS fb page is recent one.

Suggestions? :)

Shant Ghada Dhari Bheem Shant ... hahahaha Your only option is CR1. There has been tons of discussion about k3 and cr1 at forum (do some back dated search). If you filed i-130 and i-129f and even if both gets approved. At NVC they will close i-129f and process i-130.

And even if they process k-3 (hypothetically) the time frame you are looking is same to CR1.

Final conclusion : CR1 is your only option and Patience is your only key. You can ask your US spouse to come and vist you or you both can take vacation together in India or any other country together.

All of us are in same boat.

Cheers

Edited by Bunny&Ninja

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

12 -14 months for cr1 if nothing up happens.

We faced below trouble :

1. NVC Online system failure (lost 45 days or so) (not us but fellow VJ. We were lucky)

2. No interview date set. We were stuck in NVC for long long endless wait even after CC (Many people are yet waiting for interview date. There is a big thread about it and Dhweels is maintaining the data)

3. Check listed in NVC lost 45 days (NVC lost pages of our AOS and issued check list for my Indian PCC too)

4. Lost 1 whole month for Indian PCC

Basically if no #### ups and if you sail smooth 12 months. If not then only god knows. But honestly patience is key

Edited by Bunny&Ninja

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I know this is little off topic - but still related to CR1 application process. I have stayed in Australia for 1.5 years and came back to India. Do I need to submit police clearance certificate from Australia and India?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.