28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You remember how you felt with all the attention poured on you. So many here fall under the spell of those professions of love. They have not sat in a eatery in Nigeria watching a young man with 5 or more cell phones answering each phone with the same words. Getting here is a family business. I sometimes can't understand the depth of the spell that these people cast on their stepping stone to the US.

YESS!! I thought I was going to Nigeria to meet the love of my life. And shortly before I was to leave, I got a very detailed email from his older brother (name removed) listing all the things I should bring when I come. If he was doing me any favors, he should've asked me to bring snacks, Imodium, iron supplements, bug repellent and toilet paper (apparently nobody in the house uses any!) But instead he told me to take along my birth certificate, passport photos, bank statements, proof of employment, etc. lol...I just feel so foolish looking back at it all........sheesh.

Edited by Penguin_ie

At least you lived and learned. Everyone makes mistakes, the point is to get up and keep going. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

YESS!! I thought I was going to Nigeria to meet the love of my life. And shortly before I was to leave, I got a very detailed email from his older brother (Olori Ebi) listing all the things I should bring when I come. If he was doing me any favors, he should've asked me to bring snacks, Imodium, iron supplements, bug repellent and toilet paper (apparently nobody in the house uses any!) But instead he told me to take along my birth certificate, passport photos, bank statements, proof of employment, etc. lol...I just feel so foolish looking back at it all........sheesh.

Sorry you weren't viligant, my first encounter with a so called Ghanaian which I think he was lying I believe he may have been Nigerian because of his features was not all good, and I always felt like something was wrong so I backed away and then my husband found me online when I went to close my account on black planet and I started chatting with him just to see the difference in him and the other guy and it was a 360, so I told the other idot I just wanted to be friends ??? ooooo he let me have it saying he was already married and called me every name in the book!! But my gut had already told me something was off and we as a people must pay attention!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

YESS!! I thought I was going to Nigeria to meet the love of my life. And shortly before I was to leave, I got a very detailed email from his older brother (name removed) listing all the things I should bring when I come. If he was doing me any favors, he should've asked me to bring snacks, Imodium, iron supplements, bug repellent and toilet paper (apparently nobody in the house uses any!) But instead he told me to take along my birth certificate, passport photos, bank statements, proof of employment, etc. lol...I just feel so foolish looking back at it all........sheesh.

Admin: the "name removed" wasnt a person's 'name'. I believe she used the term Olori Ebi, which means "head of the family". Its no different than using the term mom, dad, sister, brother, etc. Just thought I'd point that out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I wrote a post which i thought would be helpful to everyone on here and address a very important issue from the view point of someone who is affected by the issue. i went as far as asking the admin to allow this post if for nothing just for the vital information in it, its disappointing and heart breaking that someone on the admin deleted it, Why i ask myself. [snip]

ya, sorry, when you post actual names,

you open up the site owner to be included on a libel suit (with you being listed as the primary, un-named anonymous site owner being listed as a co-defendent)

but

since the site owner is hidden from us, it's quite likely that they are deleting that stuff solely because you used real names.

I say try it again, making up fake names like John Jones and Stephen MilqueToast...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I wrote a post which i thought would be helpful to everyone on here and address a very important issue from the view point of someone who is affected by the issue. i went as far as asking the admin to allow this post if for nothing just for the vital information in it, its disappointing and heart breaking that someone on the admin deleted it, Why i ask myself. if this forum is to advice people only on how to get a VISA and not to address issues that revolve around the pains and heartbreak people who use information they obtain mostly from on here to cause innocent people pain. I know most people ask questions regarding immigration in all honesty but we can't hide from the fact that subject like the name mentioned in my post come on here to get information to defraud orders.

If the admin of this site want to make this site somewhat reputable and not a information safe heaven for immigration fraud we need to welcome painful subject like the one i wrote about, like it or not when this case gain nationwide recognition this site would be mentioned and people would come on here to see for themselves, so do you want somewhere where all issue are expressed of just a blanket for visa seeking but not the aftermath of things.

Let all take a min to face the reality that why most of us on here are for nothing but information to enable us paddle through this immigration palava with ease some come on here with bad intention to seek information to defraud and hurt orders.

To the ADMIN... the only thing i could have done wrong was mention the criminal name but why hide the identity of evil doers? also i note that the admin saw his earlier post in the ID (removed) where he mentioned the name of the victims kids and families but did not delete the post, this is making me think you're of sympathy for the criminals and don't care for the victims. if the admin chose to delete this post as well it would prove that things may be more than i thought but i would say this, its better to fight for good than seat back and allow the evil rule

I am after a great cause which is as simple as ABC put a light on all this immigration criminals and give the victims a voice, only by doing this will we all prove to the immigration system that there are people out there who cares about the hurts and pain the victims of this cruel acts, To all my Nigerians brothers and sisters on here, the only way to make sure the name of our beloved country is not destroyed when immigration is mentioned is to fight off and expose the bad eggs.

God bless and Unite all hearts divided by Distance and Immigration....

You hide under "RepWatUSow" and come here to mention someone's real name in claims that they committed fraud meanwhile you are not the victim or the culprit.

next time when you want to put someone on blast here because you can, pls let us know who you are and how you are directly involved in this. Anybody can come on here and say whatever they like about someone for some personal grudge or reason.

But do not get me wrong, you can continue trying to prove your case but Vj TOS disallows this in the manner u are going abt it.

Timeline

They always going to be bad people but I also think it better not to generalize(country)this and lastly they are always two side to a story.....

Timeline

You hide under "RepWatUSow" and come here to mention someone's real name in claims that they committed fraud meanwhile you are not the victim or the culprit.

next time when you want to put someone on blast here because you can, pls let us know who you are and how you are directly involved in this. Anybody can come on here and say whatever they like about someone for some personal grudge or reason.

But do not get me wrong, you can continue trying to prove your case but Vj TOS disallows this in the manner u are going abt it.

I totally agree with you. Using someone's real name was a bad way to go about reporting an alleged fraudulent case. Some people on this forum already thought I was the alleged fraudster. They claimed our names are similar. I had to be explaining to them I'd never do such a thing. I am a US citizen and I did not obtain my citizenship by scamming anyone. I am happily married to my wife who will join me here very soon.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As a victim of visa fraud, I have to say that the responsibility has to somewhat lie on the victim to be more vigilant and not so blinded by what they think is love. If you take all your hard earned money and spend all of it to go to Nigeria to meet your intended fiance....bring gifts for every family member....use your own money to support yourself while you're there (food, petrol, etc) while living under the most horrible conditions you've ever been in, in your entire life....and then the day of your flight to go home ur 'fiance' counts your money to see what you have left....hands you back 20 bucks to go home with..... then makes a list of each household member (13 I believe was the count) and then writes how much should get distributed to each of them.....then leaves the room to go play santa claus and hand out all your money around the house....and THEN if that's not bad enough...he comes back in the room and tells you...oh, and my sister in-law wants to know if she can have you gold earrings!!!!!! ...........WTH.....you should definitely at that point RUN and never look back instead of going home and then filing all the papers to bring the person to the US!!!! This site talks a lot about red flags and that could not have been a bigger red flag waving bright RED in the Nigerian sky!! So when I went back and successfully filed for him to come over, I shouldn't have been surprised that he was gone in less than 6 months!!! Definitely a hard lesson learned.

wow is all that I can say. But your money is your money. Nothing makes me madder than someone telling me what to do with my hard earned money. Yes that was a red flag, but people only do what you allow.

Timeline

I totally agree with you. Using someone's real name was a bad way to go about reporting an alleged fraudulent case. Some people on this forum already thought I was the alleged fraudster. They claimed our names are similar. I had to be explaining to them I'd never do such a thing. I am a US citizen and I did not obtain my citizenship by scamming anyone. I am happily married to my wife who will join me here very soon.

EXACTLY!!! This is what I was getting at on the other post. Too many times, unfortunately other Nigerians try to make things hard or even sabatoge things for their fellow Nigerians. I don't understand it but that is the way it is. My mom always taught me that if a dog will bring a bone, he will take a bone. Something just wasn't right about it. All I saw were accusation, vague ones at that, from the woman's older childrens' friend. What kinda what is that? To be so removed and be so involved and upset makes absolutely no sense. This seems like what Black people call Haterade......

Timeline

They always going to be bad people but I also think it better not to generalize(country)this and lastly they are always two side to a story.....

yep.... three sides really; his, hers, and the truth lol

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***OP's account is now closed; for that reason, this thread is now closed to additional discussion.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal