23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

One RFE is ridiculous and totally inefficient. It takes longer to handle more re filers who have to start all over again than sticking with a case until it's done correctly.

That way it just sits in queue waiting until the correct RFE response comes in during which time the IO adjudicates the next case.

They need to send as many RFE's as it freaking takes. $1070 is too much money, people have to stop working,

deportation proceedings and court time.....it's nuts. A second RFE would avoid all that.....but hey rake in as many fees as you can with re filers to maintain

the agency right ?!

OP, ask a lawyer if he can file a "motion to reconsider" or a "motion to reopen". So sorry for this inefficient bureaucracy.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

No they don't. It's the government. My husband works for them and he isn't allowed to make a single mistake in any paperwork he does. He can get fired for it. Not ONE SINGLE mistake. There are checks upon checks to make sure everything is done by the book.

They go by their manual. It is what it is.

Refile. Give them the money. It is what it is. That is the nature of the AOS, you cannot appeal unless they make a mistake and you accept that when you decide to go that route.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's sad, I know it's hard finding that money all over again, but if you could try and refile as quickly as possible, to avoid deportation or other problems. For now he shouldn't work. It's a shame, to be denied under such an simple error. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Finding a lawyer can be costly, but several have been helped here and I'm sure the same can be for you too. Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I am so sorry that you have been denied; I had no idea you would be denied because of a RFE, I thought it would only happen if you did not meet the requirements, not follow the procedure correctly (working without EAD) and/or had criminal charges.

This is really horrible and I pray that there is something that can be done! Try to meet with immigration lawyers and talk it through. Maybe the first meeting could be a bit cheaper and it could help you understand this situation a bit more, what can be done and what can't.

Good Luck to the both of you, May God help you through this difficult phase!

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: Timeline

Most government forms are written on a level that a person with an middle school education should be able to understand it. if English is not your primary language, there can be misinterpretation of the statements. A large majority of those who encounter VJ have been able to navigate through this process without any assistance, but base on the questions and large amount of mistakes that others have repeatedly made which have created economic hardship for them, they should at least have a second pair of eyes and hears to ensure that all forms are completed correct.

Lesson for all who are reading this form and is still going through the process, always have a second pair of eyes to review your documents before submitting them for consideration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Okay I understand. But doesn't it not seem right that you can only get 1 RFE and that's it? I see that the OP made an error, but sometimes the paperwork can be overwhelming.

Okay I understand. But doesn't it not seem right that you can only get 1 RFE and that's it? I see that the OP made an error, but sometimes the paperwork can be overwhelming.

The pattern I saw with at least the K1's were that if you got 1 RFE and you then failed to fix the issue and got an RFE for the same thing you got denied. But if you got an RFE fixed it and then got another RFE for something completely different then it was fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Most government forms are written on a level that a person with an middle school education should be able to understand it. if English is not your primary language, there can be misinterpretation of the statements. A large majority of those who encounter VJ have been able to navigate through this process without any assistance, but base on the questions and large amount of mistakes that others have repeatedly made which have created economic hardship for them, they should at least have a second pair of eyes and hears to ensure that all forms are completed correct.

Lesson for all who are reading this form and is still going through the process, always have a second pair of eyes to review your documents before submitting them for consideration.

I think the forms are written by a confused 8th grader who can't keep all the various applicants and visa types straight and wants to save paper to

cram it all on one form. Then when he really had a bad day he made the joint sponsor section :rofl:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.