Hamada2013

8 months still no approval from vsc PD dec-2014!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

lot of backlog at CSC. so approval will take time that's what I was told few days back. Oct 2014 is being processed as of now at CSC so another 2-3 months to get approval based on the country you belong

Filed: Timeline

Same situation for me. PD December, 2014, transferred from Vermont to CSC on the 8/27. Still waiting. I am F-1 status and my I-20 expires in December. I was hoping to receive my NOA2 early so I can adjust status and receive employment authorization. My university sent me a form to apply for an extension as I have a few courses left before graduation. Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place; apply for extension or give USCIS 2 months.

It is highly unlike that a December 2014 priority date will be current in December 2015, so even if you received the NOA2, you will not be able to apply to adjust status. You cannot do that until your priority date is current. The September Visa Bulletin shows the F2A current date is March 1, 2014. It is likely not going to advance nine months in the next few months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

It is highly unlike that a December 2014 priority date will be current in December 2015, so even if you received the NOA2, you will not be able to apply to adjust status. You cannot do that until your priority date is current. The September Visa Bulletin shows the F2A current date is March 1, 2014. It is likely not going to advance nine months in the next few months.

My case was approved on the 22nd. Based on the recent changes and the upcoming October bulletin, I can apply for AOS, work authorization etc. My AOS approval will take time however, I may qualify for work authorization resulting in permission to remain in US while awaiting AOS approval. Check the October bulletin for verification.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.