jklein

Vermont cases being transferred to different office?

65 posts in this topic

According the uscis website a transfer from vsc to csc does not delay the proccessing time.

They say it will only delayed a couple of days because of the transfer from vsc to csc so it will be about 5 months and say 10 days orso.

Its written down under news alerts date aug.21 so to take away alot of feeds on this topic, if you are ransferred it does not mean that your case gets extra checkups or biometric checks it is only transferred because of a backlog.

April 17 2015 send I-130

April 22 2015 recieved I-130 vermont

april 28 2015 noa 1 in the mail

September 21 2015 transffered from vermont to california

October 05 2015 I-130 approved at california

october 09 2015 noa 2 in the mail

October 21 2015 case recieved at nvc

December 9 2015 all mail at nvc

January 16 2016 case completed at nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

The news alert (24 August) says the transfer doesn't affect the case time but the truth is some of the people who were transferred were already in their 6th or 7th month at Vermont...the other thing is at the end of the news item they say to contact them if your case is outside of the published time frame for csc - which is 5 months so that begs the question(s) are they saying you have to wait for 5months to go by at the new center...because it's over 5 months already for a lot of us...also if you fill out the query for your case being over due on the uscis site and you enter the date of the noa1 as being 5 months ago your query is rejected - an automatic response says to wait...basically they publish timeframes and don't stick to them and then they're not interested if you want to question them about it... Nevertheless I hope we're all in for approvals this week! All you can do is hope.

The news alert (24 August) says the transfer doesn't affect the case time but the truth is some of the people who were transferred were already in their 6th or 7th month at Vermont...the other thing is at the end of the news item they say to contact them if your case is outside of the published time frame for csc - which is 5 months so that begs the question(s) are they saying you have to wait for 5months to go by at the new center...because it's over 5 months already for a lot of us...also if you fill out the query for your case being over due on the uscis site and you enter the date of the noa1 as being 5 months ago your query is rejected - an automatic response says to wait...basically they publish timeframes and don't stick to them and then they're not interested if you want to question them about it... Nevertheless I hope we're all in for approvals this week! All you can do is hope.

Yes you are right but if vsc has a backlog they can't just say oke well we just aprove u without investegation they transfer u so you will be helped faster, never the less who comes first go's first, so people that are waitng 6-7 months could mean a couple of things,

1, they need to bring more p.o.e. (proof of evidence)

2, the service center is on a backlog that causes delays

3, transferring time delay between one office to the new office

4, the case they working on needs deeper and maybe more investigation

5, to much of cases in 1 month can cause a huge delay

6, they forgot about your case (does not happen that often but it can happen)

7, they lost your file

So there are multiple factors that could cause delays

if your case is outside the 5 months,

Start calling them every 2 weeks

as soon as it reach month 6 call them every week to ask for a status update and if they cant help you ask for second line

April 17 2015 send I-130

April 22 2015 recieved I-130 vermont

april 28 2015 noa 1 in the mail

September 21 2015 transffered from vermont to california

October 05 2015 I-130 approved at california

october 09 2015 noa 2 in the mail

October 21 2015 case recieved at nvc

December 9 2015 all mail at nvc

January 16 2016 case completed at nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I have checked receipt numbers around mine from Vermont and they made requests for evidence months ago so I don't think that for the people who are waiting 6/7 months it's an evidence issue because they could just ask for more evidence... I would try calling CSC Jklein before going the congressman route. Our NOA1 is 9 March. I'm giving it another week before I start phoning.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did anyone get their letter in the mail yet stating which office their case was transferred to? My PD is 2/27/15 and I received an email that it was transferred but I have no idea where to. Hope this means we will get approved shortly.

I received my NOA2 approval last night from CSC. I was transferred there on 8/20. Those that are still waiting, it should be very soon for your approvals. Keep the faith and keep praying, all in God's timing.

Filed: Timeline

Ok so we are assuming two weeks then. Mine was transferred Sept 1, so I should expect something next week. With NOA2 approval taking this long, anyone know how long it will take overall? Does that mean I can expect an interview for my wife around Jan? Assuming their are no problems.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so we are assuming two weeks then. Mine was transferred Sept 1, so I should expect something next week. With NOA2 approval taking this long, anyone know how long it will take overall? Does that mean I can expect an interview for my wife around Jan? Assuming their are no problems.

The NVC can take between 30-60 days, the embassy portion really depends on your country, but most are between 30-90 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.