jklein

Vermont cases being transferred to different office?

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's a general statemen, of observation. You ask why, I gave one reason. Immigration Officers, don't know us unless they do their job (research). No need to be offensive.

hey i got same mail yesterday, my case was over the time. Do you know if that does means we gonna wait the processins tiem of the new center? or will this be solved faster?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes VSC has transferred cases. I filed my I751 back in November/14 with VSC and it just got approved at the beginning of this month while CSC was approving April/15 751 cases. In the I751 November thread this was mentioned.

Be thankful if your case got transferred to CSC. Those guys are whipping out their approvals.

Good Luck to everyone and hope that this sheds some light on this.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

It's a general statemen, of observation. You ask why, I gave one reason. Immigration Officers, don't know us unless they do their job (research). No need to be offensive.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Shauneg...if tiu read the statement made by Beginning777 he basically writes that he thinks I'm in for a hard time because I've hired a lawyer then gleefully ends the post with 'just saying!!!'. I am aware that having a lawyer doesn't speed up your case, I have been using immigration lawyers for over a decade as i have lived I countries other than my place of nationality...its a tool to avoid making common mistakes. This forum is one meant for information and encouragement. I asked if anyone knew what the transfer would mean in terms of time. I was not asking for random and baseless opinions about everything to do with immigration. If you don't have anything to say that adds to a discussion and you yourself are not a transferee from Vermont why pop your head in to deliver unpleasant opinions. That's what internet trolls do. Say things for a negative effect. I took it personally because it was a personal attack.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

USCIS does not investigate any case further because someone has an attorney, and attorneys do not speed a case either, we can just put the package a bit more organized and fill out the forms without errors or missing documents,but aliens can do that as well.That being said hiring an attorney is a personal decision.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS does not investigate any case further because someone has an attorney, and attorneys do not speed a case either, we can just put the package a bit more organized and fill out the forms without errors or missing documents,but aliens can do that as well.That being said hiring an attorney is a personal decision.

I agree, there isn't anything a lawyer can do as far as submitting paperwork that you can't do yourself. Visa petitions are pretty straightforward and don't require a lot of legal jargon. As far as the people who's cases were transferred, did they indicate where your case was being sent to? If it's sent out, I would think its a better situation than sitting on someone's desk?

Tag

Priority Mailed I-129 on 8/10/15

Tracked and Received by Texas Lockbox 8/12/15

N.O.A.1 email/text 08/17/15

N.O.A. 1 hard copy 8/21/15

R.F.E. 09/02/15 ?

N.O.A. 2 email/text 09/24/15

N.O.A. 2 hard copy 09/28/15

N.V.C. Received 10/15/15

N.V.C Case#10/19/15

N.V.C. In Transit 10/20/15

Case Received 10/22/15

Medical 11/17/

Appointment date 11/18/15

Approval 11/18/15!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.E. J.F.K.- 11/27/15 ?????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Shauneg...if tiu read the statement made by Beginning777 he basically writes that he thinks I'm in for a hard time because I've hired a lawyer then gleefully ends the post with 'just saying!!!'. I am aware that having a lawyer doesn't speed up your case, I have been using immigration lawyers for over a decade as i have lived I countries other than my place of nationality...its a tool to avoid making common mistakes. This forum is one meant for information and encouragement. I asked if anyone knew what the transfer would mean in terms of time. I was not asking for random and baseless opinions about everything to do with immigration. If you don't have anything to say that adds to a discussion and you yourself are not a transferee from Vermont why pop your head in to deliver unpleasant opinions. That's what internet trolls do. Say things for a negative effect. I took it personally because it was a personal attack.

If I read the statement? Do you really think I didn't read it before I commented? He never wrote you were, just his opinion in general on why some take longer, if that pertained to you than so be it, but he did not address you personally.

I don't troll on here at all.

I'm free to comment in any section I want, not just the ones you want me to and say something was rude if I thought it was just as you can.

Don't be so sensitive.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mwah1, get a life. It's my opinion. Chill out. Don't take out your frustration on me. I had no intention of hurting anyone.

Your Case won't go faster by worrying. It will happen in due time. Relax.

It's usually a good thing when they transfer to try to balance the load. It happens every year with one type of petition or other.

Back when we filed in 2007 Vermont had a huge backlog and we waited for ten months with no word along with thousands of others. (it took three months just to get the first NOA1)

After ten months of waiting we got a message saying we were being transferred to California. It took less than 2 weeks to get approved, which proved the wait was just about the case sitting on a shelf in Vermont for ten months. Once it hit the desk of an actual person it was done very very quickly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did anyone get their letter in the mail yet stating which office their case was transferred to? My PD is 2/27/15 and I received an email that it was transferred but I have no idea where to. Hope this means we will get approved shortly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.