anonymous88

NVC Expedite Review

25 posts in this topic

I requested an expedite at NVC and received an email today saying "Your request for the expeditious processing of this immigrant visa petition is currently under review. You will be informed of the results when the review is completed."

My question is -- do I wait for the expedite to be reviewed before doing anything else? Or what is the next step?

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I requested an expedite at NVC and received an email today saying "Your request for the expeditious processing of this immigrant visa petition is currently under review. You will be informed of the results when the review is completed."

My question is -- do I wait for the expedite to be reviewed before doing anything else? Or what is the next step?

In my case i filed for an expedite and i didn't wait,

I continued the normal process it took the embassy 1 whole month to approve the request, if they denied my request i would of lost the month wich i got a lot of things done like sending both packages and paying both fees

Timeline

if you get expedited you will basically skip the nvc stage and pay the fees at the embassy because your case will has no longer be at nvc .

I agree with you

But if your expedite get denied you'll waste the time spent waiting for it

Some guys get a response within few days so it wouldn't matter

The DS-261 (choice of agent) I filled out earlier, and when I logged in a few a minutes ago I noticed I could also pay the AOS fees. I must have missed that earlier, so I did that just now as well.

Timeline

how long does it took for you to get a response ?

Mine took 1 month for approval and the embassy have my case for 3 weeks and no interview yet

It all depends in the embassy some people are done with whole thing in just few weeks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you need to request an expedite at embassy too , that's what we are planning to do , anyways good luck :)

Are you fiances or married? You are talking about a Spousal visa process with paying nvc but your profile says K1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if you get expedited you will basically skip the nvc stage and pay the fees at the embassy because your case will has no longer be at nvc .

You are a K1 you don't pay any fees at NVC and they only assign a case number and forward it on. They don't do any processing, you will always have to pay the fees at the embassy stage.

I agree with you

But if your expedite get denied you'll waste the time spent waiting for it

Some guys get a response within few days so it wouldn't matter

Completely true. I was a K-1 but did request an expedite at USCIS the day I requested it, it was granted and also approved.

I received an email this morning that the expedite request was accepted and that the file is being forward to the embassy/consulate. What's the next step? The consulate will contact me or I have to contact them?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received an email this morning that the expedite request was accepted and that the file is being forward to the embassy/consulate. What's the next step? The consulate will contact me or I have to contact them?

Embassy will contact your spouse or fiance with an interview date. Shortly after the call they will email you packet 4.

I'll have to search what Packet 4 is -- that applies for a spousal visa too?

Do I have to request an expedite at the consulate level too?

Embassy will contact your spouse or fiance with an interview date. Shortly after the call they will email you packet 4.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.