Gianluca

USCIS Processing Time Information

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview went really good.

We had to drive 2 hours to our local office in Detroit, Michigan. We got there an hour early and they only want you to come in a half hour before your interview. So, we drove by the building and then went and got some gas and ate a quick lunch at McDonald's. We went back to the Immigration building and had to park on an upper level parking lot. Then, we walked down and into the building. We got in line for security and when it was our turn, we had to take off our belts and put everything in a container to go through an X-ray. Then, we walked through a metal detector. Then, you gather your stuff from the trays and take your interview notice to a desk. The guy took my notice and stapled a tag to it and told us to take it to the last window in the large waiting room. We took it to the window and these 2 ladies said that my name would be called when it was time for my interview. We noticed each window had two chairs and we wondered if that is where they do the interview. But, then I noticed a door on a far wall and an officer would come out every once in a while and call a name. We sat down in the waiting area at 10 am and my interview was scheduled for 10:15. But, I didn't get called till 10:30 am. When I saw the lady that was going to interview me, she smiled and I knew it was going to be easy. She took us down a couple hallways with offices on both sides. We got in her office and she told us to remain standing to take an oath to tell the truth (but, we were surprised they don't say 'so help me God'.... I guess that is offensive to some cultures - whatever!) We sat down and she pulled out our file and then started asking basic questions. Our names, Birthdays and if we needed to update anything. We have a new house so we gave her our new address. I brought a binder full of the forms and copies of the evidence but, she didn't want any of that. She just took some of the newer evidence I brought.... cell phone bill with both our names, health coverage for each other, auto insurance with both our names, Vet bills for both our dogs with both our names, etc. She asked my spouse my full name and me to say my spouse's full name. And, we each had to say the address we were living at. She was very nice. We were kind of shocked that the interview lady was foreign herself.... she was Yugoslavian or something like that but, she was super nice. We talked about the city where I grew up, which is right across from Detroit.... Windsor, Ontario, Canada. She said she had visited there and likes it. Then, she wrapped things up and told us that she was going to approve my Adjustment of Status. She said the Greencard would arrive sometime in the next two weeks. I got it exactly a week later on October 14th (last Wednesday). My spouse actually got an Approval Notice for the I-130 the day before that (last Tuesday). I guess they approved the I-130 and I-485 at the same time.

When we were driving home, I got a call on my cell phone from the office of Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow. I had used her office to help get my Employment Authorization expedited. So, I guess they were keeping track of my case. The lady from the office said that she noticed my case updated to "Card is being generated." I said - "Ya, I am actually on my way home from having the interview." So, she congratulated me and said if I even need any help with anything, to just call their office. So, that was really nice! I am very much into U.S. politics and I very much favor the Democrats. I am glad that both Senators in Michigan are Democrats. And, I very much hope that Hillary Clinton becomes the next President. I can't wait to vote after I become a U.S. citizen in 2018! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

wow it sounds great! I m glad everything went well and it was pretty easy, I have my interview at 7:45am on a tuesday in NYC, I m trying to organize all documents I need as bonifides, I have lots of pictures but as bills together we have bank account, family plan with AT&T and health insurance hope that should be ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.