MBR

April 2014 Priority date

39 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Case completed today !! PD april 21 2014.

did they start scheduling interviews for the following month ( October)

How will i know if my case is complete? Will i receive email or i have to call nvc? Pd april 23 2014

Edited by Bianca042914

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi guys, I am among those who don't like very detailed predictions but I was wondering about the general timeframe.

My wife's PD is 09 april 2014 - CC 28th of July - interview place will be the US embassy in London.

I am not very familiar with calculations based on previous data but some of you is for sure :)

Under the circumstances, when do you think my wife will be scheduled an interview?

It is just to talk and speculate a little bit while waiting :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys, I am among those who don't like very detailed predictions but I was wondering about the general timeframe.

My wife's PD is 09 april 2014 - CC 28th of July - interview place will be the US embassy in London.

I am not very familiar with calculations based on previous data but some of you is for sure :)

Under the circumstances, when do you think my wife will be scheduled an interview?

It is just to talk and speculate a little bit while waiting :)

No one knows yet as NVC has not started scheduling for October interview. My PD is March 11th and I've called several times. Hopefully they'll start scheduling this week. But feel free to call as the next vb can jump beyond your wife's PD

Timeline

Hi...

Just received email containing this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Does this mean case complete?

Thanks.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Yes Bianca042914 that means your case is complete. Next step is the interview.

My Journey

Priority Date: July 24, 2007 (EAC)

AOS fee paid: February 2013

Request embassy change: May 2013

Son born: September 2013 (added to petition March 2014)

Interview: March 17, 2015 (Joint sponsor needed)

Joint sponsor documents submitted: April 27, 2015

Visas approved and issued: April 30, 2015. Had to return to embassy to do oath for son :)

Visa in hand: May 5, 2015 (two working days after issued)

IV fees paid: August 10, 2015

POE: JFK - September 10, 2015 (one day before visa expiry date - No hassle)

Returned to Barbados: September 28, 2015

Green cards: October 5, 2015 :dancing:

Entered US permanently: March 22, 2016

Applied for SSNs: March 28, 2016 (didn't tick box on DS-260)

SSN received: April 4, 2016;

Learner's permit: April 7, 2016 (in NY you also have to do 5-hour class);

Driver's License: July 13, 2016 (on first try) :dancing:

Husband's Journey (F2A)

Married: September 2015

I-130 sent: October 8, 2015 (via USPS)

Priority date: October 9, 2015 (WAC)

Petition approved: March 8, 2016 (5 months to the date of receipt) :)

NVC Welcome Letter: May 13, 2016
AOS documents sent: August 8, 2016
Case complete: September 14, 2016 (the waiting continues
:clock:).

Interview:  October 5, 2017 (Approved - Issued following day :))

Visa in hand:  October 12, 2017

POE:  October 13, 2017

Green card:

SSN:

Timeline

@bianca42914.,. Congratz coz ur already case complete.

12/23/13 : PRIORITY DATE

02/28/15 : DS-261

03/04/15 : AOS bill paid

06/30/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/02/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/02/15 : Scan Date

07/30/15 : Paid IV fee

07/31/15 : submitted DS-260

08/10/15 : checklist thru phone call (told by CSR but never receive checklist email) they request me to send my civil docs

08/24/15 : re-sent civil docs

08/26/15 : 2nd scan date (received email 08/29/15)

09/10/15 : called nvc..CSR told me i have no problem with my documents and just call back next week

09/15/15 : called morning not cc..called again at 6:15 pm already CASE COMPLETE

09/22/15 : received case complete e-mail

09/30/15 : called in the morning, my 1st and 2nd call no IL...called again at 12:30pm i got IL for NOV 10

Timeline

No one knows yet as NVC has not started scheduling for October interview. My PD is March 11th and I've called several times. Hopefully they'll start scheduling this week. But feel free to call as the next vb can jump beyond your wife's PD

Thanks for the answer.

When you say "NVC has not started scheduling for October interview", you mean for the month of October, not for those's PD is October, correct?

Speaking of which, do you know which Priority Date (which month) has been already interviewed?

As far as I have understood, NVC will be scheduling for those with PD's March, meaning that all February's PD have already had their interview, isn't it?

As per the timeframe I was wondering about, I know that is impossible to predict in detail, that is why I was just asking about a ballpark.

In other words, under the current circumstances (assuming the NVC keeps moving at this pace), would be likely that my wife will have her interview by the end of the year?

Again, it is just speculating and I am aware everything can happen/change.

Timeline

I would like to rewrite my sentence to make it clearer:

"When you say "NVC has not started scheduling for October interview", you mean for the month of October 2015, not for those's PD is October 2013, correct?

I feel like I need to specify because, reading around the VJ forum, I see that people with PD's even November 2013 are still waiting for the interview to be scheduled, whereas - on the other hand - people with more recent PD (let's say January or February 2014) have already had their interview.

Now, I understand there must be a reason for that and several factors come to play, determining the lenght of the immigration process that is different from person to person according to the personal circumstances (I think, first of all, at possible checklists that may significantly delay the journey) BUT it seems anyways a little bit strange to me that people with NOA1 received during the year 2013 are still waiting.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think interviews are only scheduled for 'documentarily qualified' applicant i.e. those who have submitted all necessary paperwork to the NVC and their cases have been completed.

So in order to get an interview scheduled, you need to

1) have a PD before the current month's cut off date

2) have your case completed at the NVC

Hope this helps.

Timeline

@djawal... Ur right! Others with earlier pd than march have not received their Interview letters coz they are not yet case complete. And sad to say that i am one of those coz my pd is 23dec2013

12/23/13 : PRIORITY DATE

02/28/15 : DS-261

03/04/15 : AOS bill paid

06/30/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/02/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/02/15 : Scan Date

07/30/15 : Paid IV fee

07/31/15 : submitted DS-260

08/10/15 : checklist thru phone call (told by CSR but never receive checklist email) they request me to send my civil docs

08/24/15 : re-sent civil docs

08/26/15 : 2nd scan date (received email 08/29/15)

09/10/15 : called nvc..CSR told me i have no problem with my documents and just call back next week

09/15/15 : called morning not cc..called again at 6:15 pm already CASE COMPLETE

09/22/15 : received case complete e-mail

09/30/15 : called in the morning, my 1st and 2nd call no IL...called again at 12:30pm i got IL for NOV 10

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To add more to what djawal said

Current visa bulletin cut of date is March 1st 2014. Meaning those people with case complete and scheduled with priority date on or before March 1st 2014 are the ones having their interview this September 2015.

Those you talked about with November 2013 priority date who have still not been scheduled for interview are those that had one or two documentation problems that delayed their application.. Even though their priority date is already current, NVC has not scheduled them for interview because they don't have case complete yet because of their own personal delays.

Next VB is expected to move four weeks as usual to April 1st 2014 but it may jump beyond four weeks as it usually does one in a while.

When the next vb comes out and it's April 1st 2014. Those with priority date on or before April 1st 2014 with case complete will be the ones that will be scheduled for interview come October 2015.

Hope this clears it out for you

Current visa bulletin cut of date is March 1st 2014. Meaning those people with case complete and scheduled with priority date on or before March 1st 2014 are the ones having their interview this September 2015.

Those you talked about with November 2013 priority date who have still not been scheduled for interview are those that had one or two documentation problems that delayed their application.. Even though their priority date is already current, NVC has not scheduled them for interview because they don't have case complete yet because of their own personal delays.

Next VB is expected to move four weeks as usual to April 1st 2014 but it may jump beyond four weeks as it usually does one in a while.

When the next vb comes out and it's April 1st 2014. Those with priority date on or before April 1st 2014 with case complete will be the ones that will be scheduled for interview come October 2015.

@ Franklin - while it would be nice to believe it to be so, your statement that that the 2013 filers are not case complete because of their personal delays is not true at all!!!!

you will notice that most of the 2013 filers still waiting for CC/IL were cases that languished at Vermont Service Center for almost 18 months!!! those of you in California were approved within a couple of months - and had time to address your cases/RFE etc.....2013 filers did not have that luxury....most of us were only approved by USCIS in April. YES...that's right....this past April, 2015!!!!

Our cases were transferred late April/May..... meanwhile PDs after us were long ago CC. Yet there were VSC filers from 2013 who were just given RFE's in April/May of 2015!!!! un believable! why is it a surprise that they wouldn't be documentarily ready?!

I predicted months ago that the VB would jump ahead because they have to use up all the visas and there were simply too many filers from 2013 who are not even close to CC. So they have no choice but to move the VB ahead rapidly....so to some of us the 6 weeks jump was not a surprise at all....

but guess what...this sets things up for a retrogression - That's right...I said it...a retrogression because NVC will have to go back and pick up the cases from oct 2013 - dec 2013 once they are CC. If the VB doesn't retrogress... then it will most definitely slow down/stop...until Oct/Nov

@ DanielEnglish - I hope my explanation explains why people are still waiting for interview from 2013! By the way, what I have come to understand is that NVC does not respect PDs like we do - if they did they would have transferred the VSC cases months and months ago...because this problem was foreseeable.

I wish everyone good luck.

Edited by sbai2000

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.