ahadu

administration processing

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My congressman just sent a second inquiry and MTL responded the same of the previous time. I know how are you feeling. We've been 5 month and 1 week waiting. Medical and Police records already expired, we haven't receive any notification for a new one.

keep me posted please.

hi Idy , so sorry to hear that, MTL is so frustrating,. in about 2 months they just update my case once without send them e-mail or anything, do they even update the date for your case? hope to see this nightmare is over soon.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

hi Idy , so sorry to hear that, MTL is so frustrating,. in about 2 months they just update my case once without send them e-mail or anything, do they even update the date for your case? hope to see this nightmare is over soon.

Every time I have sent an email they have updated the date and same happened with the congressional inquiry. they never requested an additional doc or anything. and the emails are always the same... "they will inform when the process is over" :clock:

I will love to tell them so many things!!! :ranting:

:D;):)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey friends,

I've been following along with many of your cases, and scouring the forums for weeks, but haven't joined the conversation until now.

After reading about the horrors of AP (months and months of waiting), I certainly worked myself up into a frenzy. I thought maybe I could offer some of you a little bit of solace, because after reading the forums, I thought I would be stuck in Canada for months - and that certainly was not my case.

So don't freak out right away if you're put on AP, and have to submit additional documents. Just do your best to get them to Montreal as quickly as possible.

I attended my interview at the Consulate in Montreal on October 5, 2015. I worked with lawyers, I was over-prepared, I had everything we thought that they could ever ask for... The interview was going well, the Officer was very nice, and then he asked for an I864-A form... Which I did not have. My Aunt (who is a US Citizen), had to co-sponsor me (along with my husband), and the Consulate needed proof that my Uncle (who she filed her taxes with), knew that she was sponsoring me.

Minor freakout, but the Officer assured me my application would be approved when the document was submitted. He told me that the mail was arriving much faster than it had previously, and not to worry. He gave me a white form with instructions on how to send documents to the Consulate through Loomis, and sent me on my way.

Then I found these discussions and proceeded to freak out. The thought of another 2 months (after 2 years of waiting) was devastating. While each day has been very stressful, and mostly me just refreshing the CEAC site, and checking Visa Journey for updates... the wait was only a couple of weeks.

Some background on me, I am a Canadian (born) citizen, married to a US resident (he holds a Brazilian passport). We were marred in Canada in February 2014. My Priority Date was March 31, 2014.

I applied for an F2A Visa (so through a different channel than most of you).

Timeline as follows:

01/08/14 - Married

03//31/14 - Priority Date

05/21/15 - Immigrant Application approved by NVC

09/22/15 - Interview Appointment Notice received from NVC

09/25/15 - Medical Exam with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto

10/05/15 - Interview @ Montreal Consulate - Requested I-864A for joint-income co-sponsor

10/05/15 - Administrative Processing

10/08/15 - Sent I-864A document via Loomis Courier (Burlington, ON -> Montreal, QC)

10/09/15 - Documents were delivered to Montreal

10/14/15 - AP - Case Updated (I'm guessing this is when docs arrived at the Consulate)

10/15/15 - AP - Case Updated

10/16/15 - AP - Case Updated

10/19/15 - Ready

10/20/15 - Emailed Consulate about READY status (with strange blurb about needing to attend an Interview, so naturally I freaked out that something was wrong)

10/21/15 - ISSUED

I still don't have my Passport in my hands, but the light is as the end of this tunnel. Hoping that I'll have it for Monday so I can make it to Boston for my husband's birthday.

What a journey it's been. Good luck, friends. Hang in there!

Congrats did you receive your passport yet?

Edited by ray of sunshine

Timeline

Every time I have sent an email they have updated the date and same happened with the congressional inquiry. they never requested an additional doc or anything. and the emails are always the same... "they will inform when the process is over" :clock:

I will love to tell them so many things!!! :ranting:

:D;):)

Any news yet?

Timeline

Maybe someone can answer this in here.I had my interview at the US consulate in Montreal on Aug 12, 2015 everything went well and I was approved. A month later I received a letter of refusal stating I needed a waiver for overstaying in the past.

Long story short I know this was a mistake I didn't need a waiver I went back and forth via email with them for a month, and finally they realized it was a mistake and they reversed the decision, two days ago my ceac status change from refused to Ap. Today I received an email to come in at the consulate general in Montreal for bio-aoth at 2 p.m. for November 23rd. They said to just print the email and show the guard because my passport is still at the consulate. I'm just wondering has this ever happened to anyone? What do I expect will happen at this

appointment? Anyone who has gone thru this can you share your experience with me because Im just

confused to why would I need to get this done if I was just there less than 3 month ago.

Edited by ray of sunshine

Timeline

after 19 weeks , ohhhhh Praise The Lord the visa is issued. finally. I am the happiest person now, finally got to be with my wife once for all !! i sincerely wish for everyone to get their process come to an end soon specially Ldy. thank you Lord for you are so good.

after 19 weeks , ohhhhh Praise The Lord the visa is issued. finally. I am the happiest person now, finally got to be with my wife once for all !! i sincerely wish for everyone to get their process come to an end soon specially Ldy. thank you Lord for you are so good.

Congrats!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Congratulations ahadu!! So happy for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.