ahadu

administration processing

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I NEED HELP, i had interview on may 20, 2015 and i missed document and got 221g white paper. i sent it the next day and they received it on may 29. and ten they asked for another different document on june 15 and i sent the required document on june 18 and the case updated on june 29. since then it has updated a few times , especially recently my case was updated on aug 3,4,6,13 but it is still on AP. what is going on and shohd it has to be changed to ready when all of this date updates are happening?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I NEED HELP, i had interview on may 20, 2015 and i missed document and got 221g white paper. i sent it the next day and they received it on may 29. and ten they asked for another different document on june 15 and i sent the required document on june 18 and the case updated on june 29. since then it has updated a few times , especially recently my case was updated on aug 3,4,6,13 but it is still on AP. what is going on and shohd it has to be changed to ready when all of this date updates are happening?

Hello I been on Ap since my interview on Aug 12th 2015, but nothing was asked everything was god and my interview only lasted 2 minutes. The CO did keep my passport but still no sight of it. From reading others who have been on AP status date change is a good thing that means they are touching your case so hopefully you will hear something soon hang in there.

Timeline

thanks for replying ray of sunshine, i missed some documents like the name on my police certificate had an error,so i had to resend a new one. that is why i am in AP. i was told by the CO ones they get my papers all done i should get my passport with visa and yes he kept my passport as well. but it has been 56 days today since they received the necessary missing document and i am still on AP since aug 13 nothing has happened. so yeh i am just waiting and it is the worst thing ever happened in my life i thought it was over and here i am again going through a hell.

~~moved to Canada regional forum with other like topics from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

It can take 8+ weeks to get the visa after entering AP in Montreal. They're very slow.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Hi there!!

Montreal is terribly slow! my husband had his interview May 21, the CO said "everything was fine" however she gave him a 221g ( we don't know the reasons, other than he was born in Cuba. but we don't understand because he has been here in US visiting more than 20 times) The case has been under AP since then. I have sent a couple of emails, always getting same automatic response saying " The case is still on AP and they will communicate when is over" I involved my congressman and the consulate has not answered yet (the congressman's office sent the email 4 weeks ago)

I understand how bad you are feeling. this waiting in limbo is terrible! :-(

Timeline

Hi all,

Rays of sunshine, they kept my passport too and in fact the officer said we want to so we can issue the visa once we receive your missing document b/c I showed him concern of my inability to travel for work. That was back in May 27, 2015. I have yet to receive my visa. Not try to get you feeling down. I think that you should continuously keep track of it, involved your senator or congressman/woman as soon as possible. I kept hoping every week that this would be it but that was not the case.

I am sorry for ahadu and idy too. I know how devastating it feels. I hope that all of us get our visas soon and can reunite. Amen.

Timeline

I am so confused by this.

I didn't get the 221g form, I recieved the welcome to the USA letter and was told 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. Its been double that time now. I hope it doesn't go to 8 weeks. I'm really surprised by idy fdez saying that they involved their congress person and still nothing. Its pretty disheartening especially since that was going to be my next step. boo.

Timeline

I am so confused by this.

I didn't get the 221g form, I recieved the welcome to the USA letter and was told 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. Its been double that time now. I hope it doesn't go to 8 weeks. I'm really surprised by idy fdez saying that they involved their congress person and still nothing. Its pretty disheartening especially since that was going to be my next step. boo.

Some congresspeople are better than other...and in some cases they just can't do much!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Timeline

My husband has been in AP since 8/18. The only update change we got was on 8/31. The date hasn't changed. They requested more documents which they received on 8/26 and our lawyer also requested them to expedite because my mom was seriously ill and has since passed away. My husband wasn't able to be here for the funeral. He's in Lima, Peru. Haven't met anyone who has been there for an interview so not sure what is going on.

Timeline

My husband has been in AP since 8/18. The only update change we got was on 8/31. The date hasn't changed. They requested more documents which they received on 8/26 and our lawyer also requested them to expedite because my mom was seriously ill and has since passed away. My husband wasn't able to be here for the funeral. He's in Lima, Peru. Haven't met anyone who has been there for an interview so not sure what is going on.

Hi peru1367:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't believe they haven't expedite the case for humanitarian reasons. all this is so sad

Timeline

I just called his local government representative. I am hoping this speeds up the process or brings some clarity to the issue. They said he needs to fill out a form and send it in, explaining the issue. Hopefully, everything will go forward from there.

Edited by PriyaB

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I just called his local government representative. I am hoping this speeds up the process or brings some clarity to the issue. They said he needs to fill out a form and send it in, explaining the issue. Hopefully, everything will go forward from there.

hi there is there any response from montreal to your congressman?? coz am about to involve mine and would like to know how long does montreal takes to respond. thanks

Timeline

Hi there!

Just as a reference My congressman sent an email to MTL on Aug/10 so far Nothing!! no answer, they just sent another email on Monday... still waiting. My husband's interview was May 21. Maybe your congressman will be more pushy than mine.
Best of luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.