judesky1

Pregnant wife cr1 (awaiting interview )

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wanted to post this questions here to know if anyone has been in this situation and how best to handle it.

My wife the beneficiary of immigrant visa is awaiting interview at Lagos Nigeria for a CR1 visa. I dont know what becomes of our baby if she gives birth before the interview. Right now she is 7 mnts and 2 mnts away. I tried to expedite the case but it was rejected. If anyone has been in this situation please shed some light as I'm just depressed and scared. Will the baby our baby get a visa If she take the baby along to the interview? Do i qualify for CRBA? How long does it take if i do. I'm jusy confused at this moment. Will they ask her at the interview if to proceed with her case or go back because of the baby.what re the likely scenarios i could face.please any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

When is her interview?

After 36 weeks (8 months) of pregnancy, she will not be allowed to fly.

If there is not enough time for her to get a visa and fly before her 36 week, then she will be giving birth in Nigeria.

If you have lived in the U.S. for 5 years, then you will need to file a CRBA and U.S. passport for your child. Others can tell how long in Lagos to get this done.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

When is her interview?

After 36 weeks (8 months) of pregnancy, she will not be allowed to fly.

If there is not enough time for her to get a visa and fly before her 36 week, then she will be giving birth in Nigeria.

If you have lived in the U.S. for 5 years, then you will need to file a CRBA and U.S. passport for your child. Others can tell how long in Lagos to get this done.

Actually some airlines will allow flight up until due date with doctors permission.

Timeline

Actually some airlines will allow flight up until due date with doctors permission.

It's highly doubtful that an airline will let a near term woman on board for a trans-Atlantic flight where they can't divert and land in case of an emergency.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's highly doubtful that an airline will let a near term woman on board for a trans-Atlantic flight where they can't divert and land in case of an emergency.

A friend flew for business at 38 weeks UK to LA recently. It does sometimes happen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wanted to post this questions here to know if anyone has been in this situation and how best to handle it.

My wife the beneficiary of immigrant visa is awaiting interview at Lagos Nigeria for a CR1 visa. I dont know what becomes of our baby if she gives birth before the interview. Right now she is 7 mnts and 2 mnts away. I tried to expedite the case but it was rejected. If anyone has been in this situation please shed some light as I'm just depressed and scared. Will the baby our baby get a visa If she take the baby along to the interview? Do i qualify for CRBA? How long does it take if i do. I'm jusy confused at this moment. Will they ask her at the interview if to proceed with her case or go back because of the baby.what re the likely scenarios i could face.please any suggestions is highly appreciated.

You might want to ask the embassy how long does it take for a CRBA. You been here as a LPR for 5 years correct and you just got your naturalization. Inquire with embassy. In fact ask VO on nairaland.

http://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

Also takes about 2 weeks it says. If you want to get passport at same time that will add more time. Like probably another month or more (I would suggest waiting till you are stateside for passport.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Yes i was a LPR then after five years i got my U.S citizenship on July 4th 2015. So does this mean i do qualify for the CRBA? I have tried sending email to lagos consolute with my case but i keep getting automated response email which even after scrolling tru it all dont sometimes answer my question. Is just frustrating to say the least. I have never tried nairaland but i did send the question but i dnt know how quick is the response. Right now we are still waiting for her interview letter but havnt gotten any. Actually i didn't even know about the airlines not letting a pregnant woman after 38 weeks fly. So is most likely she will give birth in Nigeria. All I'm worried about is her getting a visa and the baby as well. I dont know the length of set back I'm looking at...is good to know there's a few here that can throw in a few suggestions but I'm just really scared and confused

Timeline

Ok dhweels so u mean i can wait and get the passport when she's over here. But will the baby be given a visa without a passport because right now I'm trying to figure a way to get them both to come over...i tot the aim of CRBA will be to get the baby the passport required to issue the visa

Timeline

You qualify to file the CRBA and U.S. passport. Your child will be a U.S. citizen at birth.

A U.S. passport is required for your child to enter the U.S. As a U.S. citizen, your child can never get a U.S. visa. Your child needs a U.S. passport to come here.

Your situation is very common. No need to stress yourself out. After your child is born, file for the CRBA and U.S. passport.

Timeline

Thank you so much guys @aaron2020 i will go ahead and file the CRBA soon as she gives birth. But about the airlines i do see Delta airlines has no restrictions but will still require doctors recommendation its only if the pregnancy have complications. So either ways I'm glad there's an airline and i alwyz use Delta. But is relief to really find out i qualify for the CRBA. I just hope it wont delay her visa that much longer in terms or rescheduling....thanks a lot guys. Ia huge relief

Timeline

Ok i actually just understood the situation. I was actually thinking even after getting a CRBA my wife still needs to take the baby for another interview but i just realised that the baby obtaining a US passport is all the baby needs. But my question now is if my wife is scheduled for the interview will they go ahead and grant her own personal visa? Or will she be asked to come bacj prior to when she gets the baby USA passport?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok i actually just understood the situation. I was actually thinking even after getting a CRBA my wife still needs to take the baby for another interview but i just realised that the baby obtaining a US passport is all the baby needs. But my question now is if my wife is scheduled for the interview will they go ahead and grant her own personal visa? Or will she be asked to come bacj prior to when she gets the baby USA passport?

You are mixing two events together. They are separate. Your wife will be scheduled for her IR1/CR1 interview that is for her to be able to come to the US. If baby comes before she gets Visa than you two will file for the CRBA and Passport.

If for some reason the birth and interview time happen at same time she can't make it your can always reschedule her appointment,. Two separate things.

And just for argument sake in case you wonder regardless of your wife's outcome at interview (AP, Denial) your baby still is a citizen and you still can file the CRBA and get passport.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

You know for the first time i actually find myself smiling and realising i may have been panicking all for nothing. Your explanation just clarified it. I was just mixing up the baby with her interview not trying to understand her interview is just for her alone. The baby qualified for CRBA is just all d baby needs to get tru...just a huge relief and just to show how much you guys and this forum has been so helpful. This re questions i sent to the consolulate and i keep getting automated response. But i found all the ans i need here....thanks a lot guys. I'm so relieved i only need to worry about getting a CRBA now and documents to support it ready

Filed: Timeline

You pretty much have a bunch of folks who has been there done that and have tshirts to prove it on here.

I won't say they know more than the COs but it's pretty close.

And for 9ja stuff DWheels is your person, sure there are others but that Woman is an encyclopedia on Nigerian stuff.

Good luck.

PS: I fought my Wife tooth and nail on getting pregnant only when she got here. I won but I'm still paying for it ?

Timeline

Lol...Thanks @ general buhari.dhweels and aaron2020 shed so much light on the situation. Actually i was getting confused with the fact that the baby needs a visa not realising that all the baby needs its a U.S passport which i have to do tru the CRBA. I just got it all mixed up. Its actually just my wife who needs a Visa. Its just a huge relief to be clarified about it...several other pple here also gave instances on the CRBA and time frames. I feel a huge weight off my shoulders....tnks guys

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.