duckhunter1

Broken hearted

40 posts in this topic

She probably GRO

I was thinking the exact same thing as you. She is probably over in Angeles City right na honestly. I hate it for him but at least he learned now and not later.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes sorry to hear, i met my fiance two years ago on filipinocupid.com. 9/10 of the girls there are fake or looking to scam you, but i met my fiance and we've been happy ever since. she is also pregnant with my daughter hehe. online dating is hard but compound that with long distance...well needless to say its been a difficult road. dont lose hope, there is somebody out there meant for you

Timeline

Depends on what you want out of life. I met my fiance online three years ago. Since then, I have vistied her and her family five or six times, stayed with them during Christmas, met most of her friends, and found her to be as good in person as she showed on the net. Neither of us wanted to rush into anything as this was a huge step for her, as well as a lot of responsibilty for me. We have had our ups and downs, but always come through smiling. I think paitence is a virtue you will need to get through all the things it takes to get done. And this is on both sides. Actually, much easier for her than me. And I never took this as a game, as playing around with people is not something I want to do in life, as you never know where you are going when this life ends. This lady was not meant for you and much better she ended. Long distanace relationships are not for everyone, but I can not be happier with the person I have met. She is one in a million and well worth the wait. Good luck!

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this. If she's young, early 20's and working in Angeles she could be a bargirl. At the moment she sees the place as fun, for sure making money and lastly meeting foreigners. That's why I'm hesitant meeting younger girls in Ph because they take time to mature (but probably not all) when they're late 20's till 30 that's the time they think about settling and marrying. And another reason too she could be scared of moving to another country and not yet ready. It is what it is.

The relationship I had with my PH fiancé ended last night after I finally reached her by phone. We met in Dec. 2014 online and I visited her in May/June 2015. We got engaged and filed out the K-1 application diligently together. She left her home and went to Pampanga for a job there and virtually disappeared on me. She said she was still interested in coming here but that she wanted me to come get her sometime in 2016. Sorry that this relationship didn't work for you. You mentioned she left home and went to Pampanga, is she working before? What kind of work she had? Sounds like going to Pampanga and looking for work sound fishy. Maybe she has unfinished business. Why would she want to stay there for a while? Sorry for asking all this question. A lot of comment when they here Pampanga or Angeles City, they immediately ties all work to the "BARS" near Clark Air Base. Not unless her previous work was in a bar so no doubt that she's there. There are also other job opportunities there. It is more realistic to commenters to say what they said if they personally lives in Angeles City or Pampanga. Not "ALL" girls work there ends up in a bar. I was born and lived all my life in Angeles City but never worked in a bar. But I certainly understand the notion because of the American Base.

This Visa in on the way to Manila right now. I felt she was stringing me along and could hear hesitation in her voice. I ended it. So sad after all this traveling, time commitment, K-1 diligence and financial investment. Why do girls change their mind so abruptly I will never know the answer to this question. Younger girls that are inexperience, no exposure what the real world is, never been apart from their families, never been out of the county…… They (some Filipinas) live in a idea of "American dream" when they connect with Americans. The word "relationship" comes later but what in their mind is to get their A$$ in America.

Certainly isn't the first time this has happened to me but this is the most advance relationship with marriage intentions that I've had with a PH. We only know your side of the story. I'm surprised comments were pretty uhmmmm…. no comment =) "No offense". Have you asked yourself why this is happening to you? You mentioned this isn't the first time happened to you……. I believed that regardless of what nationality we are involved with…"IF IS NOT MEANT TO BE…. IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE".

I caution guys trying to accomplish this virtually impossible task. Try to assess yourself. Yes it is just normal to take precaution. Don't give your trust easily. There's a word called "INSTINCT". Don't loose hope. Don't be hard on yourself. The right person still out there for you…...

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Going to work in Pampanga would have been a red flag in my book. Most likely going to work as a bar girl. There's plenty more out there, just keep swinging.

I beg to disagree! Not all girls go to Pampanga work as a Bar Girl. Anyway what wrong with a bar girl? A lot of Filipina try their best to work. I can see you are connected with a Filipina too. Being critical about Pampanga is way far offensive. What about Ermita? If a girl work in Manila does that means she works as a bar girl too?

One's personality is not based what kind of work she has. Most likely this girl had cold feet. Too sad it didn't work for him. It is better to say. It's better to know sooner than regret it later.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

I beg to disagree! Not all girls go to Pampanga work as a Bar Girl. Anyway what wrong with a bar girl? A lot of Filipina try their best to work. I can see you are connected with a Filipina too. Being critical about Pampanga is way far offensive. What about Ermita? If a girl work in Manila does that means she works as a bar girl too?

One's personality is not based what kind of work she has. Most likely this girl had cold feet. Too sad it didn't work for him. It is better to say. It's better to know sooner than regret it later.

I didn't say all girls are, but going there for work is odd as there are almost no jobs there. If a girl grew up there I don't see it as a red flag. My wife is from a village in Pampanga and she would say the same thing if she heard a girl going for work there. They tend to be working at the bars. It would also make sense in her change of attitude. As for what is wrong with a bar girl that is for everyone to decide on their own, I wouldn't be with a prostitute in a relationship under any circumstances. It may seem great but Pretty Woman was just a movie and odds are it will never work in real life.

Filed: Timeline

I'm thinking about suing her butt for marriage fraud. Visa sits in the US Embassy now in Manila wasting away. She signed a document saying intentions to marry. I spent a lot of money. I don't want the money and I know I'll never get it. But I'd like to scare the $%&* out of her with the courts!

I'm thinking about suing her butt for marriage fraud. Visa sits in the US Embassy now in Manila wasting away. She signed a document saying intentions to marry. I spent a lot of money. I don't want the money and I know I'll never get it. But I'd like to scare the $%&* out of her with the courts!

And what will that bring you other than less money, time and hassle. Sometimes revenge is not what it is all cracked up to be. Be positive. Turn this around and find someone who is deserving of your character, personality and your love. You are finding out that you deserve better. Let it go man. It can be poison if you continue to "stew" over this. Let's move on.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

And what will that bring you other than less money, time and hassle. Sometimes revenge is not what it is all cracked up to be. Be positive. Turn this around and find someone who is deserving of your character, personality and your love. You are finding out that you deserve better. Let it go man. It can be poison if you continue to "stew" over this. Let's move on.

100% you right Greenbaum,

It's not healthy to hold on the past, especially if it is hurt, let go move on and be happy, look around and count your blessing, God had already reserved a right person for you and for your love. he only wait for a timing.

Timeline

I preferred meeting in person, and over much longer periods than seems typical here. Meet the family, friends, school mates, work mates - the more you see of this, the less likely you are to be played. Sit down with grandma and grandpa! Really get to know her family.

I "get" meeting over the internet. Golly, you can go through thousands of profiles and select what you are interested in. But on the other hand, people can be whoever they want to be online...so you can waste a lot of time being strung along.

Personally, I want to test drive under race conditions before I consider buying. I don't read the literature on the thing. Just get in it and go. See if it performs. :joy:

Edited by rlogan

You might want to rethink that because the court system in the Philippines is pretty drawn out to say the least. Just suck up your losses and move on. There are literally tons of good women in the Philippines that wants a good man.

Filed: Timeline

I just found out last night that my x fiancé's Mom was highly upset with me that I didn't give her any money when I departed their village back in June. Hmmm. I bought them a refrigerator and a lot of food/drinks, a generator too since there were so many blackouts. I did give my x a little money when I left. This is interesting the way the Philippine culture works. When I need money I work and I certainly don't expect anyone to give me anything for free!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.