PatGia

What is needed from Fiance for I-129f?

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

My name is Pat, and I have been reading and learning on here for months. I finally joined this week, and this is my first posting. I apologize in advance if I am asking any questions that have been answered many times, but I would really just like some confirmation on a few things.

My fiance is preparing everything that she needs to send for the I-129f filing, and I would like to verify that this covers everything. She is from the Dominican Republic, in case there is anything in particular about different countries.

She is planning to send:

Completed and signed G-325a

Birth certificate copy

Translation of birth certificate, certified by translator

Fiance letter of intent to marry

Two passport style photos

For the forms and other documents, I have seen some debate as to whether it is best to sign in black or blue ink. Is there a definitive answer on this? Like everyone else at this stage, I feel a sense of panic over missing any minor detail that could generate the dreaded RFE. At this point she is going to send to me one of each document, signed in each black and blue, just in case.

I have read somewhere that we need to submit her birth certificate along with a translation, but combing through the I-129f instructions, I don't see that this is requested. Am I perhaps missing something? Or is this needed for a future step in the process? If a birth certificate is needed, is it ok for her to scan it and then I print a copy? I'm not sure just how picky they might be about documents and their facsimile representations.

On the topic of required documents, do we need to also have a copy of her passport? Again, I've seen reference to it, but not specifically in the I-129f instructions.

For the letter of intent, we are using the basic example found here on Visa Journey, which everyone seems to agree is just fine.

For evidence that we have met in person, the I-129f instructions state that it can include a letter from me and/or my fiance stating the exact dates on which we met. Is it necessary, or helpful, to have a letter from her? I have boarding passes, passport stamp, receipts, pictures, etc., so I'm cautiously confident that we are covered. Any suggestions?

So I think those are my only questions, at the moment, of course. I'd like to say thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time and effort to respond and help us on this first step in our journey.

Pat

I'm the Petitioner, she's the loud Dominican :rolleyes:

09/16/15 - I-129F mailed via USPS Priority Mail

09/18/15 - I-129F delivered to Dallas P.O. Box

09/24/15 - USCIS check cleared

09/24/15 - NOA1 E-Notification received

09/29/15 - NOA1 Hard copy received from CSC (dated 09/23/15)

10/23/15 - NOA2 E-Notification received

10/29/15 - NOA2 Hard copy received (dated 10/23/15)

11/05/15 - NVC Received case

11/24/15 - Consulate received

12/14/15 - Interview - Approved!!

12/15/15 - Administrative Processing

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

12/18/15 - Passport and Visa in hand!!!

12/20/15 - In U.S. - Point of Entry Newark, NJ, then to Chicago, IL

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The birth certificate is really only needed from the US Citizen. It's used to show that you're actually a citizen. That's why the alternative to it is a US passport or a naturalization certificate.

Your evidence is also on point. You have the boarding passes and passport stamps, and along with your secondary evidence you should be good to go. I'd argue you don't need the letter, but I guess with evidence the more the better.

It looks like you have everything you need. Just making sure, are your passport photos 2x2?

Good Morning, Afternoon and Evening,

1. Legal Documents should always be signed in BLACK ink.This is from the Federal Law Stand point.

2. Birth Certificate is need later in the process. Both the translated and certified copy when you get to the NVC are needed.

3. Certificated Copy Passport biographical info page. Also once you reach the NVC stage.

4. All the travel documents, photos, passport,phones records, as mus as you can.

5 Pray, trust in God and the love you share with you future wife and you will be just fine.

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Senegal, Dakar

March 30, 2015: Married in Gambia

June 30, 2015: I-130 Sent

July 7, 2015: email & text I-130 NOA1 (electronic)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 NOA1 (hardcopy)

July 23, 2015: I-130 Approved NOA2 (electronic no email checked status via USCIS.gov)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 Approved NOA2 (hardcopy)

July 28, 2015: NVC received my case from USCIS (NVC Agent)

August 17, 2015: NVC Assigned my Case (Called in and the NVC Agent provided it to me over the Phone, also updated Phone and Email and assigned Agent.)

August 17, 2015: Completed DS-261 Agent Choice

August 17, 2015: AOS Bill

August 17, 2015: Paid AOS Bill Online

August 17, 2015: Received AOS Cover Page

August 20, 2015: Received IV Bill

August 20, 2015: Paid IV Bill

September 5, 2015: NVC Received Doc (30 Day Wait Begins)

October 5, 2015: Received a Checklist Email (Missed tax documents which I know I sent)

October 9, 2015: NVC Received Checklist and missing tax forms (Round 2 of 30 Day Wait Begins)

October 21, 2015: Called NVC to check status and to ensure the forms had been received; spoke with the rudest person I even have encountered demanded a Supervisor Call back

November 9, 2015: Case Complete from the NVC (Received a direct call from the Supervisor &Appointment date)

November 11, 2015: Received email with Appointment Date and instructions

December 11, 2015: Biometric Screening and Vaccinations Complete with Sealed Envelope

December 15, 2015: Interview placed on Administrative Processing didn’t have enough evidence of relationship and original marriage license.

January 3, 2016: Submitted original marriage license, 600 pages of Viber messages was advised that they would call him and gave him a white 221g Administrative Processing

September 1, 2016: Embassy called him directly and advised him to come in any Wednesday

September 8,2016: Arrived at the Embassy they requested a 2ndBiometric Examination

September 28,2016: Arrived at Embassy with 2nd Biometric Examination Complete with Sealed Envelope received a green ticket and advised to return on next Thursday. (8 day wait begins)

October 6, 2016: Visa APPROVED and in HAND

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Billed

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Paid

October 6,2016: Airline Ticket Purchased expected arrival for October 11,2016 Insha’Allah

AKqjm5.png

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I knew no other way than this, where 'I' does not exist, nor 'you'. So close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Buffum, thanks for the reply.

I was certain that I had read that her birth certificate was needed, but I cannot find where I saw that. I guess we will have it and the translation for any future need.

And yes, the passport type photos will be 2x2.

Thanks again!

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning, Afternoon and Evening,

1. Legal Documents should always be signed in BLACK ink.This is from the Federal Law Stand point.

2. Birth Certificate is need later in the process. Both the translated and certified copy when you get to the NVC are needed.

3. Certificated Copy Passport biographical info page. Also once you reach the NVC stage.

4. All the travel documents, photos, passport,phones records, as mus as you can.

5 Pray, trust in God and the love you share with you future wife and you will be just fine.

A K-1 applicant sends nothing to the NVC.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thank you for the reponses and information.

One more question that I have on the G-325a, is what do I put in the File Number or Alien registration number boxes? I see the sample form says to type "None", but then I have read many things about only entering "None" where it specifically states to enter "None", like it does ina few places on the G-325a.

Is there a definitive answer on this?

Thanks!!!

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

One more question that I have on the G-325a, is what do I put in the File Number or Alien registration number boxes? I see the sample form says to type "None", but then I have read many things about only entering "None" where it specifically states to enter "None", like it does ina few places on the G-325a.

Thanks!!!

You simply put NONE.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks!!!

Like the example form shows. If they do not have an A#, then it would be 'None' because they do not have one.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.