nancy55

my life is over , i just got released from jail, i'm innocent, husband he did it

73 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You know more about this case than has been posted in this thread?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You know more about this case than has been posted in this thread?

I know about law. in a case of domestic abuse where no marks exist, only a ripped t-shirt (easily fabricated) and if the victim recants his her statement, the case is not win-able. In the case of a recant, you essentially have a victimless crime (ie no crime). Even if here husband doesn't recant,Before this even goes to trial, she will probably be offered a plea to a lessor charge because of the history of her husband. However, her husbands history of DOMV can't be all that bad because he just went through USCIS to petition her to come here. If she has no money for a good attorney, she should take the lessor charge especially if it comes out of the rhealm of DOMV. guilty to some misdeamenors is easily expunged. guilty of a DOMV felony is very difficult to expunge and you can't hardly get a job.

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

She hopefully get dropped charges, i know this girl online she is good, i talked to the poster she is looking actually for place to live in, husband call her number, still living with her, they state some evidence he may abused her , in this case I think they are not going to keep the charges, because they can't believe one and not believe the other, somebody told her mostly the case will be dropped, she doesn't know if the decision is already made or it may change in district attorny office or the decision will be taken until court day? Hopefully somebody who understand the law answer this lady

Edited by maghfira

Hi every body , thanks for your advice and support, i'm looking actually for place where to be safe, i have one important question hopefully i get an answer as soon as possible,

i went to pay the bail agency yesterday, i sat up a payment plan with the guy and i got the receipt of the payment i made, i didn't paid cash , i gave the guy like he asked my bank card , he take all the information from the card, and he will monthly get paid from my checking account ,yesterday the man he asked for my SSN i said i just have the 4 last numbers, because i do not memorize the whole numbers,i gave his boss before the last4 numbers, but he need the whole number , i don't know who to ask, why he needs my whole SSN?, i felt yesterday like he doesnt trust the people and their payment plan and i explained to him whatever it takes me i will pay , i don't feel comfortable sharing with him in sms my ssn, I'm required to give it to him or no? thanks

I'm talking about the Bail Bond agency

Edited by faatima

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You aren't required to give anybody your social security number but they aren't required to do business with you either. He needs the social security number so he can better find you if you don't pay as promised or if you skip out on the bail.

You aren't required to give anybody your social security number but they aren't required to do business with you either. He needs the social security number so he can better find you if you don't pay as promised or if you skip out on the bail.

So what do i have to do, i don't feel comfortable to give it to him because i know i will pay, is this will put me in a legal troubles with the agency?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So what do i have to do, i don't feel comfortable to give it to him because i know i will pay, is this will put me in a legal troubles with the agency?

If it is a legitimate bail bonds person, YOU ARE REQUIRED to give them sensitive information like your social security. Yes, it can be a concern.......

But as far as jail and bailling is concerned. These people are basically loaning money to criminals, and a social security number is used to help assist people in collecting debt. You should be thankful he is willing to work with you on the payments, most are not willing to do that. Most want 10% or more up front before they will help you.

You have seen the TV show "DOG" right? You do not want these people banging on your front door at 3am....I am also pretty certain that if you do refuse to pay the bond-man as promised he will pick your butt up and haul you to jail himself.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

If it is a legitimate bail bonds person, YOU ARE REQUIRED to give them sensitive information like your social security. Yes, it can be a concern.......

But as far as jail and bailling is concerned. These people are basically loaning money to criminals, and a social security number is used to help assist people in collecting debt. You should be thankful he is willing to work with you on the payments, most are not willing to do that. Most want 10% or more up front before they will help you.

You have seen the TV show "DOG" right? You do not want these people banging on your front door at 3am....I am also pretty certain that if you do refuse to pay the bond-man as promised he will pick your butt up and haul you to jail himself.

I never stop paying this bail bond the boss is the one that i contacted the first time, then there is 2 others different phone numbers one is for the person he filled the papers yesterday and another number for another person he called yesterday while i was on my way to them, i think i should just contact the boss that i recognize his voice and give him what he needs, i'm not woman that i love being in troubles, its just special experience for me, they can get the number and i will pay

Please read for comprehension....her husband history of DOMV can't be all that bad because he just went through USCIS to petition her to come here"

If he had a DOMV record it would have shown up in the DOJ search that is done for her petition. Broaded your thinking. I never claimed to be a lawyer. Who told you that I wasn't informed about DV. And all these other people informing her to run off to a homeless shelter.. etc, etc. the more this person posts the more doesn't add up. but when people are caught in their emotions they miss details.

To correct you, the history of my husband with DV was with me , I'm the victim ,

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

The more and more this person types the more is sounds like a scam.

So you bonded yourself out of jail. Got out, went to the place where your husband lives to see him laying on the sofa relaxing, then went back to the bail bondsman and gave him the information that he would have taken when he bonded you out. You said that you had money in your personal effects which you would have picked up when he bonded you out?...... umhmmm

tomyka81 everybody is understanding perfectly this post, except u, what is going on with u?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

She has already stated her spouse was arrested for DV last year. They had completed the USCIS process by the time he was arrested.

To advise anyone to take a plea deal without knowing the circumstances is irresponsible. She is an immigrant and certain misdemeanor convictions can adversely affect her immigration status.

At this point in time given her spouse's history of abuse and what she has written about him not caring about her or her situation she needs to leave the home. Please remember she is a new immigrant and doesn't know anything about homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, her rights, the judicial process, or pretty much anything else we know because we grew up here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Multiple post removed for personal attacks and being argumentative. Member now thread banned.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I never stop paying this bail bond the boss is the one that i contacted the first time, then there is 2 others different phone numbers one is for the person he filled the papers yesterday and another number for another person he called yesterday while i was on my way to them, i think i should just contact the boss that i recognize his voice and give him what he needs, i'm not woman that i love being in troubles, its just special experience for me, they can get the number and i will pay

Never stop paying?

-Maybe there is some miscommunication in English.

1. You DO STOP paying when your debt is paid. You should have signed a contract which not only tells you the total amount you are responsible for, but also other important matters such as what happens in the event of an emergency, or if you fail to show up to your court hearing.

2. You should not have more than 1 bail-bond-person. Or if he is giving you multiple numbers, I don't know but do not worry about it too much. Just make sure that you know which telephone number, is your point of contact if you need to call anyone from the bail-bond-office.

Do you understand what "bail" is? Let me explain what I know from my history of being involved with the law:

---First you are arrested, and then if the judge agrees to it. The judge will set a bond for you to get out. Usually the amount the judge sets for you very high. Well, honestly high enough that the every day person cannot afford it. As an example, let's say the judge sets your bond for $20,000USD. This means means you must come up with 20 thousand dollars to get out of jail! Most people cannot afford that so they hire a "bail bondsman". This is a person or company who will pay the full amount for you!! But, it comes with a price....Nobody works for free....

-- That $20,000USD ( as an example) is basically a "collateral insurance" or a "promise" to the United States Government that you will go any court hearings as scheduled.

---A bail bonds person will usually "loan" you the 20 thousand dollars if you a) provide a house as collateral b) provide a vehicle as collateral.......... Sometimes they will loan you the money if you have a steady job....... Other times the bail bonds person simply takes a risk with his own money trusting your good character. More frequently than not, they will require 10% of the total cost up front first. Also they will require personal information and information of everyone you know!!!

---Yes seriously, all this because they want to hunt you down and take you to jail if you fail to show up to court, or if you fail to pay any required amounts. Failure to pay or having bail revoked is pretty serious and will hurt your future chances of securing bail easily ( if you ever need again in the future ).

---And at the end of everything, the bail bonds will still keep the 10% you gave him to loan money to you. That is the price of doing business.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.