akuma82

help to upgrade case

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

My documents are at the nvv, initially i filed for my wife with green card and attached my baby who is 9 months old to the case. I just received my citizenship and my fear to upgrade to ir1 is because they will remove my baby to the case. What should i do upgrade or not, and her priority date is current.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You don't have a choice. You can not choose to not upgrade the case. You will have to disclose that you are now a U.S. citizen.

Don't waste time and money trying to go through the process as an LPR when you are now a U.S. citizen.

File an I-130 for your child. Include a copy of your wife's NOA2. In the cover letter, ask for an expedite.

Best of luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate posting removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Does it mean that i cant maintain the green card status?

You are a U.S. citizen. You are no longer an LPR. You can not maintain something you no longer have.

Your family can not get green cards in the F2a category.

YOU MUST UPGRADE. You do not have a choice. If you fail to inform the NVC or US Embassy that you are a U.S. citizen and proceed with the case as if you were still an LPR, you will be committing immigration fraud and create delays in getting your family here.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

is it possible to apply for an immigrant visa for a 9months old baby and travel with as follow along, after the mom has got her own innigrant visa

Timeline

the mom is immigrating because i file for her with my green card and attached my daughter, i just had my citizenship last week and i called nvc and they said my daughter will be remove from the case, i dont know what to do.

my daughter is just 9 months old

Timeline

Will the nvc reconsider the ds 260 form filed for the baby before and reconsider the $325 i paid for the baby immigrant visa fee when she was attached to her mom

Timeline

Will nvc reconsider the previous immigrant application fee and the $325 i paid when my daughter was derivative beneficiary

Timeline

My wife i130 was approuved 9months ago, how csn i expedite my 9months old baby i130 application for both to travel at the same time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.