asebaihi

I need assistance.

29 posts in this topic

Yes, CR1/IR1 is the I-130 along with the G-325A's, evidence of a bona fide marriage, and various other documents.

I would think Syrians could apply for refugee status, but I think this is a long slow process. If you talk to people from Somalia, they will tell you about years and years of waiting for refugee status in the USA and traveling through several different countries to get here.

My guess and it is only a guess is that going the CR1 route with help from your congressman would be the fastest.

A non-expedited CR1 takes 8 to 14 months. I would expect and expedite would be faster as long as you have all the necessary documentation ready to go.

CR1 goese hand in hand with I30 form? someone mentioned something as RFE from the embassy when applying for I30 not sure what he meant. I was also reading something about a refuge visa that you can apply for a spouce any ideas or recomendation? Thank you very much moustafa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

According to our law not only in Syria but in all Muslim countries you are married , but Katb Ketab is not valid for a marriage visa because you do not have that civil marriage but you have a religious marriage , so you can apply for a fiance visa , or if she can come to Egypt , too many Syrians are here , and you come to and get a civil marriage and apply for a spouse visa

I think her dad did ktab mahkameah when I was gone so her ikraj keid says she is mohaleah meaning married. I heard that you can apply for I30 in turkey and it takes 7-10 buisness days. doese that mean to get to us to get processed or does it finish and you can apply for visa so i can take her by the end of the month. Doese anyone know?

This is the link I found. It says only for syrians national.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/turkey/5/instruction_packages/SYRIAN%20I-130%20FILING%20INSTRUCTIONS%20-%20MAY%202015.pdf

Please advice on this.

Thank

You

Filed: Timeline

Catch 22...USCIS will need a valid marriage cert to process a petition

I suggest you speak with a muslim immigration atty here to get a feel

of this or how its handled B4 filing an I 130 with a paper that will not be

satisfactory as a marriage cert here, although her being classified as

married to you will make that K1 petition denied.

When you get the proper filing procedure file an expedite request with

it and then another expedite when it gets to NVC....Right now Turkey is

a hot mess you dot want her there Jordon would be better if she is allowed,

please don't go there yourself right now its nothing you can do to bring her

back here, also contact your congressperson for help & good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What would be the basis of the expedite? Did not think that Syria alone qualified.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Always go for an expedite, you never know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sounds like you wasted a lot of time.

I thought Jordan also processed Syrians? So that would be an option. Maybe Turkey?

Anyway you need to get the CR1 process going, I would double check that you have the required documentation to process a spousal visa.

Syrians go through Amman, Jordan

Timeline

Well there are no guarantees but with OPs argument I think there

would be no harm in requesting an expedite it would be yea or nay

what say you?

Unfortunately Syrians do not qualify for expedite at this time. A close friend of mine recently petitioned for her Syrian husband and he did not get an expedite even though they requested it. In fact when my husband and I were in Jordan at the end of last year we met her husband in Amman and hand delivered the documents he needed for his interview because in Syria there is no mail system at all. Her husband had a very difficult time getting into Jordan even with his appointment letter for the interview as Syrians are only allowed into the refugee camps. He was turned away twice at the border and finally had to bribe someone in order to get in, it was a nightmare for them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is my understanding, that a marriage considered a marriage in another country is considered a marriage in the eyes of the USCIS.

I would consider a CR-1.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Fill out the paperwork for the CR1. Married is married. I would also contact my congressman to have him/her help you expedite the process.

Dear moustafa I really appreciate your assistance. I applied for the I130 and now it is pending Receipt number is: LIN1591455084. Do I need to Re-apply for I129 because it is the same form submitted before as a fiance visa form that has been approved and is already at the NVC center. I've been waiting for this since last year. I wish i known she would have already been hear. I just need her to be safe here with me and you know how difficult for me to live overseas especially at this time. Any recommendations will be appreciated. I'm afraid that I might lose her because she waited a full year and I'm not sure how to tell her that it may need to be another year before I can see her again please advise.

Dear moustafa I really appreciate your assistance. I applied for the I130 and now it is pending Receipt number is: LIN1591455084. Do I need to Re-apply for I129 because it is the same form submitted before as a fiance visa form that has been approved and is already at the NVC center. I've been waiting for this since last year. I wish i known she would have already been hear. I just need her to be safe here with me and you know how difficult for me to live overseas especially at this time. Any recommendations will be appreciated. I'm afraid that I might lose her because she waited a full year and I'm not sure how to tell her that it may need to be another year before I can see her again please advise.

If you have sent in your 130 petition..you are on your way. You might try contacting your congress person to get your application processed faster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I can confirm that contacting your congress person can help. My wife's green card issuance time went over the period specified and the day after my congress person's aide contacted them it was issued! But that was Mitch McConnel!

From what I've read here, though, I think the issue of this religious marriage is not clear - one of the respondents who had first hand knowledge indicated it may not be viewed as a legal marriage. If I were the OP I would continue to seek guidance.

2010-07-15 - Met in China as graduate students, began dating
2011-10-03 - Engagement proposal, 2 week visit to China
2011-12-10 - I-129F Sent
2011-12-21 - I-129F NOA1, Notice Date
2012-04-18 - Larry visits Xinji and family for 12 days in China
2012-04-24 - I-129F NOA2, Notice Date
2012-05-10 - NVC Left
2012-05-25 - Packet 3 Received
2012-05-29 - Packet 3 Sent
2012-06-07 - Packet 4 Received
2012-07-02 - Interview Date - Approved
2012-07-07 - Visa Received
2012-07-18 - US Entry - Newark
2012-08-12 - Married
2012-08-23 - Date Filed I-485 (AOS), 765 (EA), 131 (AP)
2012-09-21 - Biometrics Appointment
2012-10-26 - Approved Date for EA and AP
2012-11-05 - Date EA and AP Combo Card Received

2013-07-25 - Informed online green card was ordered to be produced (no interview)

2013-08-02 - Permanent resident card received

Timeline

you are married and not eligible for a fiance visa

• 2 months later...
Timeline

According to our law not only in Syria but in all Muslim countries you are married , but Katb Ketab is not valid for a marriage visa because you do not have that civil marriage but you have a religious marriage , so you can apply for a fiance visa , or if she can come to Egypt , too many Syrians are here , and you come to and get a civil marriage and apply for a spouse visa

this is 100% incorrect

this is 100% incorrect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.