steve andxiaoling

us citizen living in china to bring wife to usa

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am living in china with my Chinese wife.

I am a usa citizen.

I left my job and sold my house before I moved here.

Guangzhou consulate is the processing center for my location.

1. the K2 says to file from domicile I live in. but I don't have usa residence

2. it says bring divorce records, these records are in a usa storage facility, I have copy of my affidavit for single status, is that sufficient?

3. k3 asks for wifes passport number which she wont be able to get until September 2016

4. I cant provide an affidavit for support since I am not working in china.

I went to the embassy to ask these questions, they instructed me to email these questions.

I have waited 3 weeks with no response

does anyone know,

5. will I have to return to the united states and establish a residence and job to bring my wife?

6. what is the appropriate visa?

I appreciate any advice

1. doesn't matter, K-2 rules not apply to you, you are resident in China and married.

2. you have a buddy, back in the U.S.A, that can get back to your county, pay the fee of 100 or less, and get the certified copy of divorce decree? Yes? No? I assume YES - and the good news is - your buddy can scan all of these pages into a PDF file, email to you, then you print out the Email attachment (PDF file) then you satisfied the requirements on filing - a photocopy of a certified divorce decree. Since you engaged the buddy to handle this, tell him to send that certified copy to you to your China address, as you'll need that certified copy of the divorce decree on your wife's interview day. Not NOW - but later.

3. K-3 visa not apply to her - you are chasing a CR-1 or an IR-1 visa. She needs a passport soon. not need it for filing the I-130, but she needs it for filing the DS-260 form, after I-130 is approved. Did you really mean September in 2016? That's whack - I suggest instead, September of 2015. Not need passport number until AFTER the I-130 is approved, so you two have some time. But in the meantime? Chase the passport now. She needs it, later and soon. Not today, but later.

4. Get a co-sponsor or joint-sponsor. Not today, but in 3 weeks from today.

5. No. Be prepared, after I-130 approval (instead) to show proof of steps done to re-establish USA domicile.

Folk that fit the label of 'expat' have 2 paths on domicile proof for the I-864 form:

__a. Proof of USA Domicile or

__b. Proof of steps taken to re-establish U.S.A. domicile.

It's a small Venn Diagram, but if you get confused on it, yer screwed.

6. Depends on duration, time span, between marriage date and interview date ? Then POE date as well. Assume CR-1 or IR-1.

ps - if you are posting on a handhphone/smartphone, stop it. Switch to a PC nowish, as research is best done on a PC. Handphones suck for the research you needed to do, yesterday.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

pans for reestablishment? how would that work, I do plan want to stay here until next year and go together

plans for reestablishment? how would that work, I do plan want to stay here until next year and go together

Timeline

thanks,

1. will cash on hand make a difference? [snip]

2. we have been married for 2 years

3. one big concern, my wife had a government job as an accountant, she did what was told by superiors, her department was caught in fraud, my wife received probation preventing her to travel outside of china

1. yes, it can make a difference. How? [read on]

Guangzhou IV, in the Consulate, adjudicates the I-864 on interview day. Usually, W-2 income is reviewed on the I-864. Cash on hand qualifies as assets, cash assets, and the rules are:

1/3 of cash compared to the 125 percent allocation of the poverty limits outlined in I-864P. Find/download that document, see if your CASH ON HAND is over the 3 times multiple of the I-864P - usually for a household of 2 people that is 60,000.00 USD in a USA bank account, not any retirement account.

2. cool ! you two qualify for IR-1 visa chasing !

3. is she a member of the Communist Party? I assume yes, so expect anywhere from 4 months to 2 years on waiting for clearance after interview day. The wait occurs not because of the fraud, but because of Communist Party Membership.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Wuhan rocks,

I will check the direct filing

yes, I have been here 16 months and have residency visa

her daughter is grown and is not coming with us

$20k poverty level?

cash on hand greater than that is ok?

Timeline

refresh, review, re-read.

to call me 'Wuhan Rocks' tells me you are visiting from a handphone. Turn it off, remove the battery, get into an internet cafe, pay for 3 hours of time.

Wuhan rocks

communist party, I am trying to find that answer now

maybe working for government she is or was,

no, I am on my laptop, I see your name above picture, address my comment to you

Timeline

pans for reestablishment? how would that work, I do plan want to stay here until next year and go together

plans for reestablishment? how would that work, I do plan want to stay here until next year and go together

Next year? 2016?

ok...

you have to prove up

the steps you took

on interview day

to

re-establish U.S.A. domicile.

Since you plan to go forth next year,

you have time to study and formulate the exact plan that you need.

relax for now, focus instead on the I-130 filing via Direct Consular Filing

into the USCIS office in Guangzhou. Since yer plan is for next year, you not need to file the I-130 today, this week or even this month. Relax.

Do more, later.

Timeline

Wuhan rocks

communist party, I am trying to find that answer now

maybe working for government she is or was,

no, I am on my laptop, I see your name above picture, address my comment to you

yer username is 'Steveb60'

my username is 'Darnell'

perhaps is visual acuity problem, rove yer eyeballs further.

CCP membership is huge problem. Ask her when she paid her membership fees, and how she paid them. Also ask if work unit automatically pays them.

hi Darnell,

she is no longer working, not working for 3 years.

she was an accountant, her department under investigation for money mismanagement, she had probation but not indicted, she only followed orders, cant leave country until next year

darnell, on the left side of my comments, there is the Wuhan name, a picture, join date, and location, and other info, I'm not sure if this was intended to be private. I edited a comment that I am from city due south of your, but removed it since this is a public post...today is my first time posting here, don't want to say something wrong

Timeline

hi Darnell,

she is no longer working, not working for 3 years.

she was an accountant, her department under investigation for money mismanagement, she had probation but not indicted, she only followed orders, cant leave country until next year

verb tense matters.

If she actually not work in that work unit for the last 3 years, is extremely high probability

that

her CCP yearly dues were not paid,

for

the last 3 years. Ask her directly about it (since she does come back to the house around sun-down each day).

Timeline

darnell, on the left side of my comments, there is the Wuhan name, a picture, join date, and location, and other info, I'm not sure if this was intended to be private. I edited a comment that I am from city due south of your, but removed it since this is a public post...today is my first time posting here, don't want to say something wrong

Relax, you,

as

this is me.

ay38qp.png

is possible you cannot see this image, that Great China FireWall is immense !

jeez, darnell, thank you for your help, I did not see this part of the filing in Guangzhou usa embassy. we went there 2 weeks ago and said I must make appointment online. the website says I can make appointment in person, not much help, I will make appointment on infopass next Tuesday, it says 30 to 60 days, and if she doe3s not have passport all she needs is birth certs

found out, she is not member of party, so that's good

thank you very much, I see light

i'm using vpn express, yes, that is the same as what I see at left side

I was living in pearland before I came here, worked by gulf freeway and fuqua

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.