25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband went for his interview on August 13.. He said they were called in around 8 am. The appointment was at 730. He was called around 9 to summit all his documents and evidence that he had with him... He had phone records from 2013 till date .. All our numbers highlighted , about 10 birthday and Christmas cards we sent each other with the envelops, one album of pictures of us since 2003 till date , our traditional and white wedding pictures with friends and family in another album, my boarding passes in another envelop and an invitation card of our white wedding. Basically that was all that we had.. We didn't have any text messages or emails bcos we just didn't have any ... Around 11am My husband was called for the interview .. He was actually interviewed by the lady with the initials KM.?? .. My husband said the lady was very nice..lol .. I know .. I was shocked ... The interview started . Q1-what's your wife's name ?Q2- what does she do? Q3- where did you meet ? What year ?Q4- why did it take you so long to get married?Q5- the name of your wife's church and pastor 's name? LoL ???.. Q6- how long does it take your wife to drive to work ? Q7- does your wife have siblings? And how many ? Q8- how may times has she been to Ghana since she traveled? I think that was it .. My husband couldn't answer two questions but she was fine with it .. She finally said ok.. Everything looks good .. Congratulations .. You can pick up your visa next week .. She pulled the blue magic paper ??.. Finally !! God is good !!!! We thank God for his favor.. Thank you all VJ members for all the help and encouragement .. It's been a long journey but it's all worth it !!!! All those waiting or going for interviews in Accra Ghana .. Pls stay positive and have faith in God .. And pls be well organized and honest with the consular.. My husband wasn't able to answer two question but she was fine with it.. Good luck to everyone and I hope my review will help someone out there .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations :)

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Timeline

Congratulations babeluv.....am so much happy for u....

Timeline

Congrats...finally, some good news!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Congrats! Purely curious, what were the two questions he couldn't answer?

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Timeline

@shauna&Wael, location of my church and the name of the Pastor .

Lol why would they even ask something like that......Were they speaking about the wedding or do you regularly attend church?

Baby what we have"

Timeline

lol... where I regularly atend church.. hmmm .

How did they know that? If it wasn't on the forms, surely they were speaking about the wedding?

Baby what we have"

Timeline

Trust me .. they weren't talking about the wedding .. They normally will ask silly questions like that ..and am positive she knew my husband doesn't know the answer to that .

Timeline

Trust me .. they weren't talking about the wedding .. They normally will ask silly questions like that ..and am positive she knew my husband doesn't know the answer to that .

Tricky tricky! But still, do you think they assume every person goes to church??? Lol

Baby what we have"

Timeline

I DONT THINK SO. I GUESS THAT WAS A TRICKY QUESTION.

Sorry if I'm bugging u Lol I was just trying to wrap my head around what triggered the question.

Baby what we have"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.