lala64

Denied. Please help

62 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

How soon could I apply for the CR1 visa if I go there next month and marry?

Immediately after you are married, there is no waiting period for anything.

I would try the senator requesting a second interview first. If granted, be there with more evidence in person.

If not, marry and file.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take a breather. Here are the things you need to figure out before you marry. You will need to find out why you were denied. California Service Center will let your returned petition sit until it expires and then send you a notice to deny. Whatever route, you will have to reapply with a front loaded petition. If you are going to need to plan your wedding and submit all the info. Getting married in less than one month without showing some plans does not look good. This is my opinion.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take a breather. Here are the things you need to figure out before you marry. You will need to find out why you were denied. California Service Center will let your returned petition sit until it expires and then send you a notice to deny. Whatever route, you will have to reapply with a front loaded petition. If you are going to need to plan your wedding and submit all the info. Getting married in less than one month without showing some plans does not look good. This is my opinion.

I understand..I have just signed a release so that the congressman can help me first. but we had planned to marry anyway in October if he had received the K1 so we had plans but just a different location.

Timeline

I am sorry to hear this. Age is just a number.. Ive seen wider gaps.. I agree with Jawaree that marriage may be the next best option the CR-1. How much concrete evidence did you front load the initial K-1 package with.. such as, boarding pass, pass port stamps, hotel receipts, phone bill showing frequent calls to his number..

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would recommend getting married in your fiance's country. If at all possible, spend time there, at least a couple of months. I know that's difficult with working, etc., but if you can take a leave of absence or quit for awhile and live on your fiance's income there.....whatever you can do. I believe the CR1 visas have a better chance of being approved because you are now officially family. It does take longer, and I've heard cost more, but in the long run, while it's still a very stressful and long process, it may work out better than the K1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

20 yrs difference should be the issue. is the fiance under 21?

a 20 year age difference is NOT a reason for denial. I am 21 years older than my husband and age was never an issue, EVER. We have several other so called red flags and we have never had any rfe's, and our process has gone as smooth as smooth can be from the day we sent his I-130 petition up to and including removing conditions, and he has now applied for citizenship. Someone cannot be denied based on age alone, it's discrimination, and there are many many couples here with a big age difference who have been successful. Just because it isn't the social norm for a woman to be much older and a lot of people cringe at the notion, there is noting wrong with it. If a man dates or marries a much younger woman, they get high fives and a pat on the back, when the tables are turned we are called cradle robbers and perverts. Enough with the double standards people, it's 2015.

To the OP, I am very sorry to hear of his denial. Could you tell us about what evidence you sent? For some reason they weren't convinced and maybe we can help you figure out where to go from here. Trying to appeal a K-1 denial is fruitless, the petition will be sent back to USCIS where it most likely expire. You can always marry and try for a CR-1, but you will still have to overcome and address the reason for the denial of the K-1, it's not as simple as just getting married and re-applying. Once again, I am sorry.

Why should it be the issue? no he is NOT. Please refrain from negative remarks. I am only asking people to help me not try and hurt me more.

I sent everything Ash. Phone records chats plane record hotel slips pictures everything I could send I sent.

I am so sorry that happen to you let me tell you one thing don't give up so easy my friend was married to his wife and his wife was 25 years older them him and he got visa after 3 years of process so don't worried its difficult the process but its will take some times to proof evidences in relationship so don't worried its gonna be ok most of my friends are married and i know how is that so just let me clear that to you good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I was there for almost 2 weeks. I suppose that was not enough.. I just don't know. I have seen other couples get approved with meeting for less time.

This right here is why they may not have been convinced, 2 weeks is just a very short amount of time. You really should try t spend much more face time together. Although my husband and I had no issues even with our red flags, we had any months together in real life, and I attended the interview

Timeline

a 20 year age difference is NOT a reason for denial. I am 21 years older than my husband and age was never an issue, EVER. We have several other so called red flags and we have never had any rfe's, and our process has gone as smooth as smooth can be from the day we sent his I-130 petition up to and including removing conditions, and he has now applied for citizenship. Someone cannot be denied based on age alone, it's discrimination, and there are many many couples here with a big age difference who have been successful. Just because it isn't the social norm for a woman to be much older and a lot of people cringe at the notion, there is noting wrong with it. If a man dates or marries a much younger woman, they get high fives and a pat on the back, when the tables are turned we are called cradle robbers and perverts. Enough with the double standards people, it's 2015.

To the OP, I am very sorry to hear of his denial. Could you tell us about what evidence you sent? For some reason they weren't convinced and maybe we can help you figure out where to go from here. Trying to appeal a K-1 denial is fruitless, the petition will be sent back to USCIS where it most likely expire. You can always marry and try for a CR-1, but you will still have to overcome and address the reason for the denial of the K-1, it's not as simple as just getting married and applying. Once again, I am sorry.

My fiance said that he asked for text and more emails. ..we had a bunch but guess he wanted more if given a chance I will download more. ..is AP on ceac normal even if the petition will be denied? He said they kept everything except his passport..will those be returned hours birth certificate etc

Filed: Timeline

2 main factors, face time, how much time have you spent together?

I have never been to Jamaica, how normal is this scenario.

No 2 cases are alike, age difference matters in different ways in different country

a large age gap with an older female happens but usually its for a benefit , a known

fact, Jamaican men will mainly marry a younger female or someone in their age range

Not saying that OP relationship is not bonafide, but there would hardly be a man who

just marry an older women with what he has (poosseions/money) or less, it will be

for benefits, so OP needs to spend some time with him becauser that Lady CO have spoken

They will eventually mail birth cert to him, other evidences they don't return

Edited by Jawaree

Timeline

To the OP, I am very sorry to hear of his denial. Could you tell us about what evidence you sent? For some reason they weren't convinced and maybe we can help you figure out where to go from here. Trying to appeal a K-1 denial is fruitless, the petition will be sent back to USCIS where it most likely expire. You can always marry and try for a CR-1, but you will still have to overcome and address the reason for the denial of the K-1, it's not as simple as just getting married and re-applying. Once again, I am sorry.

I sent pictures text phone records passport entry and exit info hotel reservation car reservations stuff like that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My Co - Worker Friend is 25 years older than his Fiancee and they were just approved in Kingston 2 days ago..SO age is not an issue at the Embassy there...But I must add that he has been visiting her for 2 years now at least 2 times a year...Dont really know if that made the difference or not...

Edited by tiko1426

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To be fair to them they said further in the thread they meant Should Not....

Timeline

I am hoping that the fact that my status says administrative processing and not refused that he or myself are given a chance to supply them with more evidence chats phone records and more photos I didn't send. .it states the consulate will be in touch if they need more evidence so we will see. .I also am working now with the congressman office to see if they can find out anymore details and request a second interview so I am not giving up hope yet on this. .. there are younger men who marry older women not for monetary gain and my fiance works and has helped me to finance this entire process so I resent the remark...and it was a male CO..not a lady @Jawaree I understand you have the right to express your opinions but at this moment please refrain from negative ones. .the only thing I want to understand or read is what my options are. .this goes to anyone who cares enough to respond. .I would appreciate that more than anything

I am hoping that the fact that my status says administrative processing and not refused that he or myself are given a chance to supply them with more evidence chats phone records and more photos I didn't send. .it states the consulate will be in touch if they need more evidence so we will see. .I also am working now with the congressman office to see if they can find out anymore details and request a second interview so I am not giving up hope yet on this. .. there are younger men who marry older women not for monetary gain and my fiance works and has helped me to finance this entire process so I resent the remark...and it was a male CO..not a lady @Jawaree I understand you have the right to express your opinions but at this moment please refrain from negative ones. .the only thing I want to understand or read is what my options are. .this goes to anyone who cares enough to respond. .I would appreciate that more than anything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Stating realities agent being rude. You have to view it from the COs side of the desk. Unlike everything in America this process is guilty until proven innocent. Jawaree was stating facts not opinions.

I'm sending sending nothing but positive rainbows and unicorns your way...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.