lala64

Denied. Please help

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiancé just had his interview. as explained we have a 20 year age gap. Although my fiancé answered all of his questions the CO said that it was not enough proof and is sending my petition back to the US. Is there anything that I can do at this point! or is all hope lost?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

suggest to file a new I-129F, front loading it with evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

My fiancé just had his interview. as explained we have a 20 year age gap. Although my fiancé answered all of his questions the CO said that it was not enough proof and is sending my petition back to the US. Is there anything that I can do at this point! or is all hope lost?

Sorry to hear that, I know its kinda hard to go through this process for all of this to go down the drain. Is it possible to get married and do the

spousal visa? It will take a little longer but atleast your chances are better and you should have alot more evidence by that time. Good Luck on whatever you decide to do...

Timeline

Sorry to hear that! :(

How much information/evidence did you front-load (Send in your initial packet to the USCIS) with? (Pics, call logs, messages, etc...)

K - 1 Fiance Visa Process (I-129F Petition)

(L) Engaged (L) - March 22, 2015

K-1 Petition Sent (via USPS) - April 10, 2015

K-1 Petition Received - April 15, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - April 16, 2015

NOA2 (Email, Text & App Notification) - May 22, 2015 (37 LONG Days from NOA1) :dance:

NOA2 (Official I-797 via Mail) - May 29, 2015

NVC Received (Phone Verification) - June 10, 2015

NVC Issued Case Number (Phone Verification) - June 11, 2015

Left NVC (Phone Verification) - June 15, 2015

Consulate Received (CEAC Website) - June 16, 2015

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 16, 2015 (US Immigration Computer Glitch Era: 6/9-6/23)

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 23, 2015 (2nd Attempt)

Received Packet 3 (via Email) - June 24, 2015

Scheduled Interview & Medical - June 24, 2015

Medical Appointment - July 3, 2015 (Medical Paperwork Picked-up 7/15/15)

Consulate Interview - July 17, 2015 (Approved) :dancing:

CEAC Web Status Update: "Ready" Case Created Date: Case Updated 7/20/2015 (Non-Immigrant Visa Application)
CEAC Web Status Update: "Administrative Processing" Case Updated 7/22/2015
CEAC Web Status Update: "Issued" Case Updated 7/24/2015 :dancing:

Department of State email stating Visa documents are at DHL Kingston ready for pickup - July 28, 2015 @ 5:45PM

Documents Transferred to Montego Bay, Jamaica for pickup w/DHL - July 29, 2015 (Called DHL Kingston to make request; Will be available 7/30/15)

Visa in Hand at DHL Montego Bay - July 30, 2015 @ 1:30PM :dance:

US Entry (IAH - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport) - August 8, 2015

Court House Marriage - September 1, 2015

Applied for Social Security Card (In-Person in Houston about an hour wait) - September 1, 2015 (No Issues)

Adjustment of Status Process (I-485, I-131, I-765)

Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 (via USPS) - October 1, 2015

Applications Received - October 5, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - October 8, 2015

NOA1 (Hard Copy) - October 13, 2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - October 19, 2015

Biometrics Appointment - October 30, 2015

Wedding Ceremony - October 31, 2015

Service Request - December 28, 2015 (Called USCIS to check status of I-765 (Work Permit), representative put in Request for update since we were approaching 90 days)

New Card Is Being Produced (Text & Website) - December 30, 2015 (Status Update for Green Card (I-485) Case) :dancing:

Case Was Approved (Text & Website) - December 31, 2015 (I-485 Case)

Card Was Mailed (Text & Website) - January 5, 2016 (I-485 Case)

Green Card Received (USPS) - January 8, 2016 :dancing: :idea: :dancing: :no: :thumbs: :yes: :dance: :jest:

Timeline

20 yrs difference should be the issue. is the fiance under 21?

Why should it be the issue? no he is NOT. Please refrain from negative remarks. I am only asking people to help me not try and hurt me more.

Sorry to hear that! :(

How much information/evidence did you front-load (Send in your initial packet to the USCIS) with? (Pics, call logs, messages, etc...)

I sent everything Ash. Phone records chats plane record hotel slips pictures everything I could send I sent.

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to hear, marriage may be the route to take, however these ppl are very verse/trained

on the culture of the country They are aware most Jamaican men prefers a mate of their age

group or younger (not saying that's your case) but there are also a large percentage that have

an older woman for benefits. so if this CO was adamant about no believing I the relationship

then you have to address the reason for your denial in front-loading and prove its authentic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

What did you submit ? How long did you know each other and how many times did you visit him ?

If your petition gets returned to USCIS it will expire and you receive a letter from USCIS after 6 months that you can refile.

You don't have to wait to get the letter to re file.

Your options :

A. File another K1 and front load the petition.

B. Marry and file a CR1, also front load the petition.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

suggest to file a new I-129F, front loading it with evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Darnell I sent all I could send. USCIS felt it was good enough. I sent plane tickets phone records chats etc etc etc pictures of us together. Do you know if a congressman can help? will they allow me to send more chat evidence phone records and get a second interview or is it a dead issue.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My goodness are you serious?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

With age gaps it is a good idea to be there when the interview takes place. If not allowed inside then to have the fiance

state right away that you are waiting outside and would be glad to also answer questions if needed.

Then they know you were there in support of your fiance.

It can make a difference but not always.

You can try to contact your senator today to request a second interview, bring more evidence (affidavits, ongoing communication,

life insurance policy showing him as beneficiary etc...) or fly down yourself if granted.

This is a snowballs chance in hell to succeed but you can try. For some it worked for others it has not.

You have to act fast before your petition is returned.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am so sorry for bad news! I don't think big age gap is a problem and definitely not reason for a denial; however, CO could scrutinize your relationship more than others. Maybe he did not feel eveidence was strong enough, who knows.... It really sucks to re-apply, but start collecting all the new evidence and make a very strong case next time. I was not allowed inside the embassy for my fiance's interview, but CO knew I was there to support my loved one. I am sure it made a big impact in my case. We also had almost 15lbs of evidence that I flew with. I thought it was better to have more than less (turned out USCIS never forwarded our 100 photos together, so luckily I brought some with me). Wishing you best of luck! Be strong! It's just a big bump on the road.

:luv:

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Darnell I sent all I could send. USCIS felt it was good enough. I sent plane tickets phone records chats etc etc etc pictures of us together. Do you know if a congressman can help? will they allow me to send more chat evidence phone records and get a second interview or is it a dead issue.

USCIS does not approve anything. Good enough for USCIS is not necessarily good enough for a visa.

It's a popular misconception that USCIS and the NVC "approve" the case or any part of it.

For USCIS, you having a marriage certificate and filing all the other necessary paperwork is enough for a prima facie case to forward to the NVC and then the US Embassy.

The US Embassy is only one that has the power to approve if a person qualifies for a visa.

USCIS and the NVC simply collects paperwork and make a prima facie determination that the submission is sufficient to forward to the US Embassy for a determination on the case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

2 main factors, face time, how much time have you spent together?

I have never been to Jamaica, how normal is this scenario.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.