Moonrising

IR 1 @ Jerusalem Consulate: questions on police certificate, interview wait time, interview questions

71 posts in this topic

After calling NVC everyday, all sudden today they called me! Stated that they are missing the marriage termination document for my wife, I argued with the Rep. for 15 minutes, I have sent all of the supporting documents on June 5 and I'm 100% sure the divorce papers are in the package. I have called tremendous times and they all told me we got your supporting documents and there is nothing MISSING!!! plus, I did not get any check list for the missing document!

The Rep. said, I have 2 choices, One, a supervisor will search for the missing document and it will take 42 days, or mail the missing document and it will take 30 days to review. my case put on a supervisor review on Spet. 9th, and I'm almost done with 42 days to be reviewed, and today I got this call. Does that making any sense to any one? this is how their fraudulent way of delaying my case & others and lying with their excuse of missing a document to put my case again on another 42 30 1000 days to be reviewed! I was mad on the phone, it's ridciouscly unbelievable!!!

I went to the post office and mailed the document, but I'm not very optimistic, there seems to be no ending to this journey.

Edited by ammali

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After calling NVC everyday, all sudden today they called me! Stated that they are missing the marriage termination document for my wife, I argued with the Rep. for 15 minutes, I have sent all of the supporting documents on June 5 and I'm 100% sure the divorce papers are in the package. I have called tremendous times and they all told me we got your supporting documents and there is nothing MISSING!!! plus, I did not get any check list for the missing document!

The Rep. said, I have 2 choices, One, a supervisor will search for the missing document and it will take 42 days, or mail the missing document and it will take 30 days to review. my case put on a supervisor review on Spet. 9th, and I'm almost done with 42 days to be reviewed, and today I got this call. Does that making any sense to any one? this is how their fraudulent way of delaying my case & others and lying with their excuse of missing a document to put my case again on another 42 30 1000 days to be reviewed! I was mad on the phone, it's ridciouscly unbelievable!!!

I went to the post office and mailed the document, but I'm not very optimistic, there seems to be no ending to this journey.

That's ridiculous! I don't know what to say except it's completely unfair. I would inform your Senator's office about this latest development and also post this in another one of the Visa Journey forums and see what other people say. There's one called scan dates/case complete/interview - sounds like it would be appropriate to share your story there, only because I really have no idea what to tell you, no idea of what your options are at this point.

I also thought if there's a missing paper you get a checklist. NVC sometimes does lose or misplace papers in people's files. They gave us a checklist for a paper they claimed was missing but which we also thought had been submitted, we still got CC without it and they said we could bring it to the interview. At the interview the CO never asked for it.

How many days has it been now since your scan date?

Sorry Ammali - tough luck!

That's ridiculous! I don't know what to say except it's completely unfair. I would inform your Senator's office about this latest development and also post this in another one of the Visa Journey forums and see what other people say. There's one called scan dates/case complete/interview - sounds like it would be appropriate to share your story there, only because I really have no idea what to tell you, no idea of what your options are at this point.

I also thought if there's a missing paper you get a checklist. NVC sometimes does lose or misplace papers in people's files. They gave us a checklist for a paper they claimed was missing but which we also thought had been submitted, we still got CC without it and they said we could bring it to the interview. At the interview the CO never asked for it.

How many days has it been now since your scan date?

Sorry Ammali - tough luck!

It's ok,, I went to the Senator's office today, I told them about this, they asked me for the documents that NVC claims are missing, later on I got a call from the Senator's office to ask for the USCIS approval notice be faxed to them and to let me know that they will contact NVC and investigate next week.

I'm going to just wait and see what will happen. I hope things will get better.

Thank you Moonrising

Hey everyone!!! So I have good news today the embassy called my husband and told him his administrative processing is over and he's approved!!!! They asked him to mail in his passport!!!!!!! I'm so happy that was way shorter that I expected about two weeks so there is hope for everyone else!!! Good luck to everyone!

Hey everyone!!! So I have good news today the embassy called my husband and told him his administrative processing is over and he's approved!!!! They asked him to mail in his passport!!!!!!! I'm so happy that was way shorter that I expected about two weeks so there is hope for everyone else!!! Good luck to everyone!

Such great news - congratulations! It will not take long for him to get his visa. 1 week probably. My husband's was ready in essentially 2 business days and we received it 10 days later (only took that long because of a 2 day holiday and 2 day weekend in that period).

This is also really encouraging for those who might get "administrative processing" - it does not always mean a long process.

Just for you to be aware, you will now see "administrative processing" on the CEAC status website - this only means they are printing the visa in his passport. It will soon turn to "Issued," you can see when they last updated the status and that will give you an idea of when the courier picked it up. In our case it said "Issued" on the 14th, and then the same status but updated on the 16th - I knew then that Wassel had picked it up.

Congrats Mrs.Mansor, this is great news! :)

Such great news - congratulations! It will not take long for him to get his visa. 1 week probably. My husband's was ready in essentially 2 business days and we received it 10 days later (only took that long because of a 2 day holiday and 2 day weekend in that period).

This is also really encouraging for those who might get "administrative processing" - it does not always mean a long process.

Just for you to be aware, you will now see "administrative processing" on the CEAC status website - this only means they are printing the visa in his passport. It will soon turn to "Issued," you can see when they last updated the status and that will give you an idea of when the courier picked it up. In our case it said "Issued" on the 14th, and then the same status but updated on the 16th - I knew then that Wassel had picked it up.

Good to know that AP does not always mean long process, they have improved this process for better, it used to be bad few years ago.

Moonrising, glad to know you guys got it!

• 2 months later...

Hey Moonrising and everyone,

I'm back with GOOD NEWS!

I finally got a Case Complete on Dec. 15, 2015

And finally today Dec. 28, 2015 I got an interview date scheduled on Feb. 04, 2016

This is one of the best thread!!!! It has all the information that Jerusalem's applicants needs to know. Will keep it up for the good work!!!

Thanks to Moonrising and everyone.

Ammali, that's great news! Mabrouk! Inshallah the interview will go very smoothly and your wife can join you soon.

We've been in Boston almost 2 months already and are loving every second of it. House is all set up, my son is in school, husband found a job, and we are eagerly awaiting the birth of our second child next month.

Hopefully more useful info for the people on this thread - my husband got his green card in the mail last week, so about 6 weeks after arriving. In the meantime though the immigration visa in the passport and evidence of entry was fine and he could have started working with it (as I was told). What's taking longer is the social security number - they said it would take 5-7 weeks but we haven't gotten it yet. Not having a SSN is a bit of a handicap as there are many things you can't do without it (get a credit card, apply for a loan, in some states like MA get a drivers license). My husband got an international drivers license before we left Jerusalem so he's been driving on that along with his Israeli license (and was able to get on our car insurance with it). At the RMV they told us he can do that for up to a year, but as soon as he gets the SSN he will get a MA license (which requires that he take the driving test!). I'm glad he got the international drivers license before leaving, I wonder if the rules differ in other states.

In terms of financial things we've done everything else under my SSN so it hasn't been too bad. He starts his job on January 4th, I hope he will get the social security number before then, but in a pinch he does have a tax identification number that he's had for several years (as we had been filing joint taxes since getting married).

Happy New Year everyone! Hope to hear the good news from others on their journey to the US.

Hey Moonrising and everyone,

I'm back with GOOD NEWS!

I finally got a Case Complete on Dec. 15, 2015

And finally today Dec. 28, 2015 I got an interview date scheduled on Feb. 04, 2016

This is one of the best thread!!!! It has all the information that Jerusalem's applicants needs to know. Will keep it up for the good work!!!

Thanks to Moonrising and everyone.

Moonrising! I'm so glad to hear from you and even more happy to know that you guys have settled now. This is awesome!

I can't believe it was 72F in Boston on Christmas Eve lool - Man that is hot for Bostonians lol - I live in the south and it was dern hot as well.

I wonder why it takes that long to get SSN? I remember mine took 2 weeks back then, and you're right, you gotta have your SSN to be able to work, about the drivers license, each State has it own rules, in MS I did not have to take the driving test, I only took the written test and they switched my original Jordanian license. Ask the RMV about the possibility of switchin the Israeli license with MA one without taking the driving test, just the written test, which is easy.

On financial things, once he gets his SSN, try to build up his credit, take babe steps in doing so, small loan at a time and build up. This is what I did, and gladly after 10 years I built an excellent credit, I bought a house and everything.

I booked my flight ticket to fly over to Jordan and Jerusalem, I will try to be there at the interview, hoping they will let me in, I will probebly need your help finding a Palestinian owned taxi driver who would take me stright to the Consulate, if you could PM me some names and numbers, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I got the interview letter in email today, listing the documents they want to bring to the interview.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Ammali, that's great news! Mabrouk! Inshallah the interview will go very smoothly and your wife can join you soon.

We've been in Boston almost 2 months already and are loving every second of it. House is all set up, my son is in school, husband found a job, and we are eagerly awaiting the birth of our second child next month.

Hopefully more useful info for the people on this thread - my husband got his green card in the mail last week, so about 6 weeks after arriving. In the meantime though the immigration visa in the passport and evidence of entry was fine and he could have started working with it (as I was told). What's taking longer is the social security number - they said it would take 5-7 weeks but we haven't gotten it yet. Not having a SSN is a bit of a handicap as there are many things you can't do without it (get a credit card, apply for a loan, in some states like MA get a drivers license). My husband got an international drivers license before we left Jerusalem so he's been driving on that along with his Israeli license (and was able to get on our car insurance with it). At the RMV they told us he can do that for up to a year, but as soon as he gets the SSN he will get a MA license (which requires that he take the driving test!). I'm glad he got the international drivers license before leaving, I wonder if the rules differ in other states.

In terms of financial things we've done everything else under my SSN so it hasn't been too bad. He starts his job on January 4th, I hope he will get the social security number before then, but in a pinch he does have a tax identification number that he's had for several years (as we had been filing joint taxes since getting married).

Happy New Year everyone! Hope to hear the good news from others on their journey to the US.

• 4 months later...

Hi Ammali,

It's been a while! How did everything work out for you? How was the interview and did your wife get the visa? Is she with you in the US yet?

We're doing well, my hubby got a job in early January but had to wait a while for his SSN. It only came in early February. It all seems random because I know another immigrant who got her SSN quickly but it took a long time to get the green card (for us it was opposite). More good things came in early February too - I had the baby - a girl!

Sending everyone spring greetings from Boston

Moonrising! I'm so glad to hear from you and even more happy to know that you guys have settled now. This is awesome!

I can't believe it was 72F in Boston on Christmas Eve lool - Man that is hot for Bostonians lol - I live in the south and it was dern hot as well.

I wonder why it takes that long to get SSN? I remember mine took 2 weeks back then, and you're right, you gotta have your SSN to be able to work, about the drivers license, each State has it own rules, in MS I did not have to take the driving test, I only took the written test and they switched my original Jordanian license. Ask the RMV about the possibility of switchin the Israeli license with MA one without taking the driving test, just the written test, which is easy.

On financial things, once he gets his SSN, try to build up his credit, take babe steps in doing so, small loan at a time and build up. This is what I did, and gladly after 10 years I built an excellent credit, I bought a house and everything.

I booked my flight ticket to fly over to Jordan and Jerusalem, I will try to be there at the interview, hoping they will let me in, I will probebly need your help finding a Palestinian owned taxi driver who would take me stright to the Consulate, if you could PM me some names and numbers, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I got the interview letter in email today, listing the documents they want to bring to the interview.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.