Moonrising

IR 1 @ Jerusalem Consulate: questions on police certificate, interview wait time, interview questions

71 posts in this topic

Freedom

I had the same issue but it was because where it asks for the DS-260 number you have to put in the number on the bottom of the confirmation page that barcoded it has letters and numbers at least my did. Which I put that in it let us select wassel and which branch so try that I hope it helps!! Moonrising his appointment is really early and I'm not sure when the permit starts to allow you to enter! They really make it hard for people from the West Bank but I hope everything goes well! He's applied for permits before and has gotten them without any issues but passing and checkpoint and trying to be there 30 mins to an hour early is going to be near impossible all I can do is hope for the best

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is a new I-864 form, released and start accepting on 10/06/15

Edition Date

07/02/15. (Starting 10/06/15, USCIS will only accept the 07/02/15 edition. Until then, you can use the 03/22/13 edition.) The edition date can be found at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-864

I think you guys should be OK - once NVC completed your case, it's done, they've reviewed your AOS and IV - even my case and I'm still waiting for a CC, they told me everything is reviewed just waiting for DS-260 - the submission date of AOS does matter in the case - if I'm to submit AOS after 10/06/15 yep I'm gonna have to use the new released form.

Congratulations to Mrs.Mansor0809

Your logic makes sense ammali, but sometimes I've found this process is anything but logical! We have our interview date before the others currently active on this thread so we'll let you know our experience. I'll ask my husband to specifically inquire about the revised I-864, anyhow we'll have it on hand just in case, and I'll post what happens.

Ammali, hoping you get a CC soon! How many days has it been already since they received it?

You can email the Consulate and let them verify if they have your interview scheduled on the correct date, also you can contact WASSEL and ask them about this error, I'd start with WASSEL first, and if they can't do anything about it and it's not a technical issue, then I'd email the Consulate to verify.

http://www.wassel.ps/?TemplateId=contact&PageId=16&MenuId=52&Lang=1

Consulate email: JerusalemIVInquiries@state.gov

I hope this will help.

Hi ammali,

Thank you for the links. I will use them.

I called NVC last night. I have asked them if they have transferred packet to US consulate in Jerusalem. They told me no. Then I asked them to confirm the interview date. They confirmed it. Then I asked them when will the packet get transferred. They told me call back next week to check on the status. I am starting to see the issue.

NVC has not send the packet yet. When I check for visa status, it says "CASE at NVC". If the packet left to Consulate, the status would've change, correct?

Also, I sent an email to the "ais.usvisa" for help and it says it will respond 3 to 4 days. It had passed more than 4 days. I believe the NVC is holding us up on this issue.

I need to keep bugging them until they sent the packet to Jerusalem.

Did you or anyone have seen this kind of an issue?

Edited by freedomB

Your logic makes sense ammali, but sometimes I've found this process is anything but logical! We have our interview date before the others currently active on this thread so we'll let you know our experience. I'll ask my husband to specifically inquire about the revised I-864, anyhow we'll have it on hand just in case, and I'll post what happens.

Ammali, hoping you get a CC soon! How many days has it been already since they received it?

Yes! agreed on that one! this process is anything but logical - You could always email the Consulate, they usually respond in a day to two. I'm on day 46 - since 08/08/15 the day DS-260 submitted, I have not been calling NVC everyday about it, the last they said, wait till the end of month.

About the Med. exam, going to Dr. Robert Tabash in Bethlehem is a long ride - looks like we have no choice but Dr. Fahed Khalaf in Ramallah, and of course we will make a complain lol

Have you checked if your case has been sent over from NVC to the Consulate? They uses the DHL? I was reading on an old thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/178989-dhl-tracking/ - not sure if this still valid.

Hi ammali,

Thank you for the links. I will use them.

I called NVC last night. I have asked them if they have transferred packet to US consulate in Jerusalem. They told me no. Then I asked them to confirm the interview date. They confirmed it. Then I asked them when will the packet get transferred. They told me call back next week to check on the status. I am starting to see the issue.

NVC has not send the packet yet. When I check for visa status, it says "CASE at NVC". If the packet left to Consulate, the status would've change, correct?

Also, I sent an email to the "ais.usvisa" for help and it says it will respond 3 to 4 days. It had passed more than 4 days. I believe the NVC is holding us up on this issue.

I need to keep bugging them until they sent the packet to Jerusalem.

Did you or anyone have seen this kind of an issue?

freedomB,

No worrys, wait till you get your case over to the Consulate, there is an old thread I was reading on how to track your case from NVC to Consulate, not sure if it's still working, but here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/178989-dhl-tracking/

Call NVC next week and check with them if they got your case transferred - and yes the visa status will change, you also can check by going to https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx - You will notice the Affidavit Of Support (AOS) will change from PAID to N/A. And you will also notice on the top of summary page : CURRENT PROCESSING SITE: NVC or something else I'm not sure, but your case status will get charged.

I'm still waiting for a CC case complete at the NVC - so I've not been going through the process that you are currently having.

Let's hope things will work out for you, good luck.

Freedom

I had the same issue but it was because where it asks for the DS-260 number you have to put in the number on the bottom of the confirmation page that barcoded it has letters and numbers at least my did. Which I put that in it let us select wassel and which branch so try that I hope it helps!! Moonrising his appointment is really early and I'm not sure when the permit starts to allow you to enter! They really make it hard for people from the West Bank but I hope everything goes well! He's applied for permits before and has gotten them without any issues but passing and checkpoint and trying to be there 30 mins to an hour early is going to be near impossible all I can do is hope for the best

Last year, my wife went to Jerusalem to the U.S. Consulate for an interview on a non-iv visiting visa, and she got the permit to enter Jerusalem, at the check point they refused to let her in - she told them I got an interview, they basically don't care and turn her down, what other choices she has at this point, there was smgglers, she has to go the back way and jump/cross the wall (God knows what) and get in a taxi to the Consulate, who yes of course refused to give her a visiting visa. It was the most humiliated experience a human would want to have. So ya'll be prepared, to expect the unexpectable when you go to Jerusalem.

Today, you could see they turned the entire city to a war zone, it's absolutely not safe to go there and they wanted it this way, till they fully occupied the city, and that their dream, which we will turn it to a nightmare for them insha-Allah

freedomB,

No worrys, wait till you get your case over to the Consulate, there is an old thread I was reading on how to track your case from NVC to Consulate, not sure if it's still working, but here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/178989-dhl-tracking/

Call NVC next week and check with them if they got your case transferred - and yes the visa status will change, you also can check by going to https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx - You will notice the Affidavit Of Support (AOS) will change from PAID to N/A. And you will also notice on the top of summary page : CURRENT PROCESSING SITE: NVC or something else I'm not sure, but your case status will get charged.

I'm still waiting for a CC case complete at the NVC - so I've not been going through the process that you are currently having.

Let's hope things will work out for you, good luck.

FreedomB, I'm not sure which site you are checking. When I look at: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspxit now shows my case status as "Ready." My current processing site on the other website mentioned by Ammali above now says "Jerusalem." I believe that means Jerusalem has received my file from NVC. I forget when your interview is, I think it's in the mid or end of October. If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about it right now. Give it another week and check back.

FreedomB, I'm not sure which site you are checking. When I look at: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspxit now shows my case status as "Ready." My current processing site on the other website mentioned by Ammali above now says "Jerusalem." I believe that means Jerusalem has received my file from NVC. I forget when your interview is, I think it's in the mid or end of October. If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about it right now. Give it another week and check back.

Thank You Moonrising and Ammali for the links! Its very help.

His interview date scheduled for Oct. 22nd at 7:25 am

I have been using the link to check on the visa status. It says "Case at NVC". I am assuming they haven't transferred the documentst to Jerusalem, yet. I guess I will be calling them on Monday to follow up with the NVC and bug them about. This is the only outstanding issue we have at this momonent.

I read your comments Ammali about your wife getting thru the israeli check point last year. This is very disappointing. I hope it will go well for her this year. Did this happen at Qalandia check point or some other check point?

Edited by freedomB

Thank You Moonrising and Ammali for the links! Its very help.

His interview date scheduled for Oct. 22nd at 7:25 am

I have been using the link to check on the visa status. It says "Case at NVC". I am assuming they haven't transferred the documentst to Jerusalem, yet. I guess I will be calling them on Monday to follow up with the NVC and bug them about. This is the only outstanding issue we have at this momonent.

I read your comments Ammali about your wife getting thru the israeli check point last year. This is very disappointing. I hope it will go well for her this year. Did this happen at Qalandia check point or some other check point?

Yes it was at Qalandia check point. It's an unfortunate the situation in Jerusalem still at unrest and yes it's very disappointing. Let's hope for the best, and Happy Eid to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I went today to pick up the medical packet for my husband. I asked Dr. Fahed Khalaf why he charged us 750 NIS when the Consulate website says it should only cost 630 NIS. He said he requested an additional blood test to check for immunity against chicken pox, and that this costs another 120 NIS. So fair enough, just wanted to let you all know.

Ammali, any update on your case?

I went today to pick up the medical packet for my husband. I asked Dr. Fahed Khalaf why he charged us 750 NIS when the Consulate website says it should only cost 630 NIS. He said he requested an additional blood test to check for immunity against chicken pox, and that this costs another 120 NIS. So fair enough, just wanted to let you all know.

Ammali, any update on your case?

Ok I'm glad you let us know, and that is fair if other blood works requested, I think what they have on their instructions are the intial price, and if there extra lab test, will be extra...

Still waiting for a CC - I don't know what to do, I've seen cases that dated way after me and they got CC'ed - it's frustrating, I will call them tomorrow morning, and if nothing, I'm visit my senator office, to ask if possible they can inquiry on my case.

I was wondering how people could enter Jerusalem, when it's currently closed, and how safe is it going to be the trip to West Jerusalem to the Consulate? which is safest method of trasportation and/or better check point to enter the west side of the City if there any?

Edited by ammali

Ok I'm glad you let us know, and that is fair if other blood works requested, I think what they have on their instructions are the initial prices, and if there're extra lab tests, will be extra...

Still waiting for a CC - I don't know what to do, I've seen cases that dated way after me and they got CC'ed - it's frustrating, I will call them tomorrow morning, and if nothing, I will visit my senator's office, to ask if possible they can inquiry on my case.

I was wondering how people could enter Jerusalem, when it's currently closed, and how safe is it going to be the trip to West Jerusalem to the Consulate? Which is the safest method of transportation and/or better checkpoint to enter the west side of the City if there any?

Sorry

Grammar corrections.

Ok I'm glad you let us know, and that is fair if other blood works requested, I think what they have on their instructions are the intial price, and if there extra lab test, will be extra...

Still waiting for a CC - I don't know what to do, I've seen cases that dated way after me and they got CC'ed - it's frustrating, I will call them tomorrow morning, and if nothing, I'm visit my senator office, to ask if possible they can inquiry on my case.

I was wondering how people could enter Jerusalem, when it's currently closed, and how safe is it going to be the trip to West Jerusalem to the Consulate? which is safest method of trasportation and/or better check point to enter the west side of the City if there any?

Still no CC?! That's crazy Ammali, definitely call NVC and ask to speak to a supervisor. Didn't they say anyway it needs supervisor review? Then yes, definitely go through your Congressperson.

Jerusalem is not exactly closed, but the situation is not good right now. Palestinians are not allowed into the Old City (unless they live there), but that doesn't affect going to the Consulate. There are problems in several E. Jerusalem neighborhoods, but they can be avoided and at least yesterday people were still going about their daily routines. The checkpoints are messed up but as far as I know West Bank permit holders are not being denied entry. It might be challenging to go and apply for a permit right now, at least in Ramallah, because there have been some problems in the area of the DCO.

There are two main checkpoints into Jerusalem that West Bankers use - Qalandia and Bethlehem. There's not really a 'better' one out of the two, your relatives will be crossing the one that's closest to them and in the past few days there have been clashes at both. Both are very busy always, with thousands of people crossing them daily, usually the early mornings there's lots of traffic and tons of people; clashes (if they will happen) aren't common in the morning, more likely midday until evening. However, this morning I think there are problems at Qalandia, so it's quite possible the AM commute will be affected.

The situation is quite fluid these days so it's hard to predict what will happen today, nevermind a few weeks from now. My advice is don't start worrying about it until you have to.

On the day of the interview get a private taxi to meet your relative on the Jerusalem side of the checkpoint and go straight to the Consulate. It's the safest and fastest way. There are plenty of Palestinian owned taxi companies in East Jerusalem, message me if you need some names/numbers.

Still no CC?! That's crazy Ammali, definitely call NVC and ask to speak to a d. Didn't they say anyway it needs supervisor review? Then yes, definitely go through your Congressperson.

Jerusalem is not exactly closed, but the situation is not good right now. Palestinians are not allowed into the Old City (unless they live there), but that doesn't affect going to the Consulate. There are problems in several E. Jerusalem neighborhoods, but they can be avoided and at least yesterday people were still going about their daily routines. The checkpoints are messed up but as far as I know West Bank permit holders are not being denied entry. It might be challenging to go and apply for a permit right now, at least in Ramallah, because there have been some problems in the area of the DCO.

There are two main checkpoints into Jerusalem that West Bankers use - Qalandia and Bethlehem. There's not really a 'better' one out of the two, your relatives will be crossing the one that's closest to them and in the past few days there have been clashes at both. Both are very busy always, with thousands of people crossing them daily, usually the early mornings there's lots of traffic and tons of people; clashes (if they will happen) aren't common in the morning, more likely midday until evening. However, this morning I think there are problems at Qalandia, so it's quite possible the AM commute will be affected.

The situation is quite fluid these days so it's hard to predict what will happen today, nevermind a few weeks from now. My advice is don't start worrying about it until you have to.

On the day of the interview get a private taxi to meet your relative on the Jerusalem side of the checkpoint and go straight to the Consulate. It's the safest and fastest way. There are plenty of Palestinian owned taxi companies in East Jerusalem, message me if you need some names/numbers.

Yes Moonrising it's crazy, I will call them in the morning and see if they will let me speak to a supervisor, if not, I will contact the Senator's office.

Thank you for this is very helpful information. You seems to know the area very well. Are you living in Jerusalem?

I'm a little bit worried about what's going on, seems the entire country on lockdown, but thanks for reassuring, and yes, you probably right, it's so hard to tell what's going happen tomorrow, but we will try to plan this very well, and I sure will let you know to get some names/numbers.

And again thanks for your advice too.

I called NVC today, at first, the Rep. hesitated to let me speak to a supervisor, and finally she agreed, then came back saying she could get a hold of one, before I hang up, I asked her to try one more time, she did, and she spoke with the supervisor who told her to let me know that they will review my case and complete tomorrow, then they will schedule an interview after that. I don't know to believe it or not lool but fingers crossed!

I will call again tomorrow, just to check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.