Moonrising

IR 1 @ Jerusalem Consulate: questions on police certificate, interview wait time, interview questions

71 posts in this topic

Ammali and others,

I just got off the phone with NVC as we haven't heard anything about our interview date (our case was complete as of Aug 11th). I spoke with Penelope, such a lovely lady, unfortunately she didn't have the best news. She said NVC is almost done scheduling October interviews so while there's still a chance we could get one next month, she thought chances were slim. She said Jerusalem is pretty strict about the number of people they let in each month for interviews. NVC will start scheduling November interviews at the end of September.

However, I explained my situation to her (pregnant) and she thought we have a good reason to request an expedite seeing as there will come a time when I can't travel. She said it won't delay things and that pregnancy qualifies under a medical reason. I thought it had to be life or death, she seemed to think they would consider one for pregnancy as well. So that's positive.

Another VJ member waiting for an interview in Jerusalem with an August 10th CC also called today and they told her the same thing - October interview scheduling is winding down......

Do you know of anyone who got an October interview in Jerusalem, and do you know their CC date?

Totally in shock - called NVC back today and we have an interview date! October 8th! They said it just came through this morning.

Good luck to those still waiting!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally in shock - called NVC back today and we have an interview date! October 8th! They said it just came through this morning.

Awww way to go Moonrising! Congrats! :)

I'm still waiting for a CC - I called last week and the Rep. said, he gonna forward my case to a superviosor for a DS-260 review - He said, it could take 42 days :(

I'm glad you finally got it! :)

Awww way to go Moonrising! Congrats! :)

I'm still waiting for a CC - I called last week and the Rep. said, he gonna forward my case to a superviosor for a DS-260 review - He said, it could take 42 days :(

I'm glad you finally got it! :)

Thanks Ammali! Sorry to hear about your extra 42 days - why do you need a supervisor to review it? It seems unfair that your already delayed case will be delayed even further.

Thanks Ammali! Sorry to hear about your extra 42 days - why do you need a supervisor to review it? It seems unfair that your already delayed case will be delayed even further.

I called NVC today, first she said, we need the Israeli Police clearance, I told her, the israeli sends that directly to the U.S. Consulate, she put me on hold and came back saying, I'm all set, nothing needed at the moment and the case has been sent to the right department to review, you should hear something within 10 days.

We already renewed the Police Certificate at the Palestinian Authoroty. We will renew the Israeli clearance after the Eid InshaAllah.

Would you let us know how your medical exam went?

It's unfair to get even more delayed, but what can we do... wait lol

I called NVC today, first she said, we need the Israeli Police clearance, I told her, the israeli sends that directly to the U.S. Consulate, she put me on hold and came back saying, I'm all set, nothing needed at the moment and the case has been sent to the right department to review, you should hear something within 10 days.

We already renewed the Police Certificate at the Palestinian Authoroty. We will renew the Israeli clearance after the Eid InshaAllah.

Would you let us know how your medical exam went?

It's unfair to get even more delayed, but what can we do... wait lol

We did the medical exam today, went to Dr. Fahed Khalaf in Ramallah. He asked my husband to bring his passport, 4 photos, vaccination records and the interview letter with him. He asked a few questions, like have you ever had surgery or any major illness. My husband did have some health problems in the past so Dr. Fahed asked him to bring a letter from the family doctor with all of the details of the medical history. Then my husband had to get a blood test (in the lab next door) and an x-ray (in Bakri Building off of Al Manara). The doctor also asked for a vision test, so we did it at the place next to the x-ray office (it's called Titi). The lab & x-ray will be sent directly to Dr. Fahed and we put the vision test results with the x-ray so it will get sent along too. We have to go back a few days before the medical exam and pick up the sealed packet with all of the required paperwork to take to the interview.

Now for the warning: he charged us more than the fees listed on the Consulate instruction sheet. You pay everything to Dr. Fahed, for the exam, blood test and x-ray. It should add up to 630 NIS. (vision test was extra, paid directly to Titi). But we paid 750 NIS! And we only realized it should have been 120 NIS less after we left. Our receipt conveniently says "PAID" without an amount too! I do intend to ask him why he charged more than the fees listed on the Consulate instructions (after we pick up our completed packet of course!). And I'm ready to make a complaint to the Consulate if needed. I'll let you know what happens, but I really wish I had realized the discrepancy today and asked what it was all about......so just a heads up.

Well 10 days is a lot better than 42! Let's hope things move quickly for you from here on in.

We did the medical exam today, went to Dr. Fahed Khalaf in Ramallah. He asked my husband to bring his passport, 4 photos, vaccination records and the interview letter with him. He asked a few questions, like have you ever had surgery or any major illness. My husband did have some health problems in the past so Dr. Fahed asked him to bring a letter from the family doctor with all of the details of the medical history. Then my husband had to get a blood test (in the lab next door) and an x-ray (in Bakri Building off of Al Manara). The doctor also asked for a vision test, so we did it at the place next to the x-ray office (it's called Titi). The lab & x-ray will be sent directly to Dr. Fahed and we put the vision test results with the x-ray so it will get sent along too. We have to go back a few days before the medical exam and pick up the sealed packet with all of the required paperwork to take to the interview.

Now for the warning: he charged us more than the fees listed on the Consulate instruction sheet. You pay everything to Dr. Fahed, for the exam, blood test and x-ray. It should add up to 630 NIS. (vision test was extra, paid directly to Titi). But we paid 750 NIS! And we only realized it should have been 120 NIS less after we left. Our receipt conveniently says "PAID" without an amount too! I do intend to ask him why he charged more than the fees listed on the Consulate instructions (after we pick up our completed packet of course!). And I'm ready to make a complaint to the Consulate if needed. I'll let you know what happens, but I really wish I had realized the discrepancy today and asked what it was all about......so just a heads up.

Well 10 days is a lot better than 42! Let's hope things move quickly for you from here on in.

Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering about their prices, and yes I checked the Consulate instruction sheet 630 NIS all together, unless there is some vaccinations shots required, that would be extra. I heard this Dr. charge almost 800 NIS. which is expensive, and the fact that your receipt conveniently says "PAID" without an amount too! sound like a scam. I would dispute this with the doctor first and ask him to put down how much he actually charged you on the receipt. He probably will refuse because he does not want a proven records of how much he charged in case he get reported to the Consulate. I'm sorry but this is not right!

I wonder why this Dr. request vision test? this is not part of the Medical Exam and there is nothing on travel.state.gov or the Consulate website requesting a vision test? or is it whatever the doctor deems medically necessary to benefit the next door vision clnic? for what I can tell lool

Unfortunately, it seems that he is the only Dr. in West Bank, there is one in Bethlehem, but that is far south Jerusalem, I wonder how long it takes to go there with all the check points?

Thanks for sharing with us your experience, lets hope for the best, and I sure would report this physician to the Consulate for his discrepancy.

I want to wait until the packet is ready and then ask about the price. But he didn't mention my husband needs any other vaccinations or anything. First complete packet in hand, and then I will complain. Don't want any problems if you know what I mean! Even without "proof" of the higher fee I think it's still worth to make a complaint to the Consulate because if enough people say the same thing then they need to investigate.

I was surprised about the vision test too, I didn't read anywhere it might even be requested, although I know the doctor has the right to ask for additional tests as s/he sees fit. In fact it all worked out fine, they are very nice and professional at Titi and it was a good opportunity for my husband to get a new pair of glasses.

I've heard good things about the doctor in Bethlehem, his name is Dr. Robert Tabash. Some friends used him for their medical a couple of months ago and they said he was very nice. It sounds like your wife might be in the northern West Bank, in which case yes, Ramallah is a lot closer than Bethlehem. It takes 1 - 1.5 hours to get to Bethlehem from Ramallah through the Wadi Nar route, depending on the traffic and the checkpoints. If she has her own car it might be worth it, but if she's in public transportation I don't know. The extra hassle in terms of time might not be worth it.

Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering about their prices, and yes I checked the Consulate instruction sheet 630 NIS all together, unless there is some vaccinations shots required, that would be extra. I heard this Dr. charge almost 800 NIS. which is expensive, and the fact that your receipt conveniently says "PAID" without an amount too! sound like a scam. I would dispute this with the doctor first and ask him to put down how much he actually charged you on the receipt. He probably will refuse because he does not want a proven records of how much he charged in case he get reported to the Consulate. I'm sorry but this is not right!

I wonder why this Dr. request vision test? this is not part of the Medical Exam and there is nothing on travel.state.gov or the Consulate website requesting a vision test? or is it whatever the doctor deems medically necessary to benefit the next door vision clnic? for what I can tell lool

Unfortunately, it seems that he is the only Dr. in West Bank, there is one in Bethlehem, but that is far south Jerusalem, I wonder how long it takes to go there with all the check points?

Thanks for sharing with us your experience, lets hope for the best, and I sure would report this physician to the Consulate for his discrepancy.

I want to wait until the packet is ready and then ask about the price. But he didn't mention my husband needs any other vaccinations or anything. First complete packet in hand, and then I will complain. Don't want any problems if you know what I mean! Even without "proof" of the higher fee I think it's still worth to make a complaint to the Consulate because if enough people say the same thing then they need to investigate.

I was surprised about the vision test too, I didn't read anywhere it might even be requested, although I know the doctor has the right to ask for additional tests as s/he sees fit. In fact it all worked out fine, they are very nice and professional at Titi and it was a good opportunity for my husband to get a new pair of glasses.

I've heard good things about the doctor in Bethlehem, his name is Dr. Robert Tabash. Some friends used him for their medical a couple of months ago and they said he was very nice. It sounds like your wife might be in the northern West Bank, in which case yes, Ramallah is a lot closer than Bethlehem. It takes 1 - 1.5 hours to get to Bethlehem from Ramallah through the Wadi Nar route, depending on the traffic and the checkpoints. If she has her own car it might be worth it, but if she's in public transportation I don't know. The extra hassle in terms of time might not be worth it.

I know what you mean, and I hope things will work out just fine for you guys, it just why a provider will not follow the Consulate's guidelines of their set of fees? it's not about the money, it's about honesty. If you don't like the fees that the Consulate want you to charge, discuss it with the Consulate and they might agree on how much you would like to charge your patients.

I'm thinking to have my wife visit to Dr. Robert Tabash, it might be longer drive, but less hassle. I'd call this Dr. to get more info, Yes my wife lives north between Nablus and Jenin, and there is a car, I'll find out how long excatly the road trip will take, and we will decide. Still waiting for a CC lool

Im so happy for you moonrising!!! Our case was completed in August and we got an interview scheduled for the same day Oct. 8th!!! Im so excited as I bet you are to. My husband just went and got his medical done and will have to go back in a few days to pick it up same doctor too which he tried to charge him 1200NIS!!!! But then after everything said it was 750NIS which is still outrageous but honestly at this point i just want this situation to be done with so I can finally see my husband! Now we are working on getting our documents ready for the interview. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the visa to be issued after the interview? Also my husbands interview is scheduled very early in the morning and he lives in the west bank I'm worried he will not make it in time he has applied for a pass I'm guessing is what it would be referred to in english for that day so he can enter and go to jerusalem but I don't don't what time they start allowing people to enter. And I also don't think he can get a 2 day pass??? Not sure what we will do about this does anyone have any advice?

Congratulations on getting your interview date! I looked on your timeline, we seem to have done everything around the same time so it makes sense both our husbands have interviews on the same day.

Which doctor did you go to? I think it's important for people to know so we can all formally complain to the Consulate. Even the 750 NIS is more than the price listed on the Consulate instructions, assuming your husband didn't get any additional exams or shots or anything. For the standard medical exam (420 NIS), blood test (100 NIS) and x-ray (110 NIS) it should only add up to 630 NIS at either of the West Bank physicians. Even 420 NIS for a doctor's visit is ridiculous according to local prices - nearly quadruple a normal office visit fee!

Regarding how long it will take to get your visa after the interview - it's hard to predict. If you have all of the papers and aren't asked to submit anything else, and your husband isn't put into administrative processing (look elsewhere on this forum if you don't know what that is), then I heard it could be something like 2-4 weeks. But if they ask you for more papers or you get into administrative processing then it can be longer.

I'm not sure what time the standard permit for West Bankers allows them into Jerusalem but I can ask around for you. Doubtful he will get an overnight permit for just the interview but he can try. Where he's coming from and what time his interview is makes a difference as to when he should be there. Look on the Consulate website, I think they say you should get there early, maybe even a half hour before. We're planning to be there 30-40 minutes in advance.

Did you hear there's an updated I-864 (AOS) form? The last date they will be accepting the old form (the 3/22/13 edition, which I submitted) is October 6th. After that USCIS will only accept the 07/02/15 edition. I'm not sure if we are ok because technically ours has already been submitted before October 6th, but just in case I decided to fill out the new form and give it to my husband to have on hand for the interview. I would hate to have it be the one thing they ask for!

Im so happy for you moonrising!!! Our case was completed in August and we got an interview scheduled for the same day Oct. 8th!!! Im so excited as I bet you are to. My husband just went and got his medical done and will have to go back in a few days to pick it up same doctor too which he tried to charge him 1200NIS!!!! But then after everything said it was 750NIS which is still outrageous but honestly at this point i just want this situation to be done with so I can finally see my husband! Now we are working on getting our documents ready for the interview. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the visa to be issued after the interview? Also my husbands interview is scheduled very early in the morning and he lives in the west bank I'm worried he will not make it in time he has applied for a pass I'm guessing is what it would be referred to in english for that day so he can enter and go to jerusalem but I don't don't what time they start allowing people to enter. And I also don't think he can get a 2 day pass??? Not sure what we will do about this does anyone have any advice?

Congratulations on getting your interview date! I looked on your timeline, we seem to have done everything around the same time so it makes sense both our husbands have interviews on the same day.

Which doctor did you go to? I think it's important for people to know so we can all formally complain to the Consulate. Even the 750 NIS is more than the price listed on the Consulate instructions, assuming your husband didn't get any additional exams or shots or anything. For the standard medical exam (420 NIS), blood test (100 NIS) and x-ray (110 NIS) it should only add up to 630 NIS at either of the West Bank physicians. Even 420 NIS for a doctor's visit is ridiculous according to local prices - nearly quadruple a normal office visit fee!

Regarding how long it will take to get your visa after the interview - it's hard to predict. If you have all of the papers and aren't asked to submit anything else, and your husband isn't put into administrative processing (look elsewhere on this forum if you don't know what that is), then I heard it could be something like 2-4 weeks. But if they ask you for more papers or you get into administrative processing then it can be longer.

I'm not sure what time the standard permit for West Bankers allows them into Jerusalem but I can ask around for you. Doubtful he will get an overnight permit for just the interview but he can try. Where he's coming from and what time his interview is makes a difference as to when he should be there. Look on the Consulate website, I think they say you should get there early, maybe even a half hour before. We're planning to be there 30-40 minutes in advance.

Did you hear there's an updated I-864 (AOS) form? The last date they will be accepting the old form (the 3/22/13 edition, which I submitted) is October 6th. After that USCIS will only accept the 07/02/15 edition. I'm not sure if we are ok because technically ours has already been submitted before October 6th, but just in case I decided to fill out the new form and give it to my husband to have on hand for the interview. I would hate to have it be the one thing they ask for!

Hi everyone,

I am new registry. I am looking for some help. My husband and I are Palestinian. My husband is currently live in West Bank. He got his in date (10/28/2015) and instruction for US consulate in Jerusalem. However, we have ran into a snag on this web site "ais.usvisa-info.com/en-il/iv". According to Consulate check list, my husband has to create an account for a courier and get proof. So, we tried create the account but it gives an error state "date is not ready for interview". We are nervous and concern. I check the NVC web site and it states "Case at NVC". This is confusing. He gets a scheduled interview date and he is in motion to gather all the documents as well as to schedule a medical but we can't create a simple account.

Has anyone run into this problem? What action has been done to correct it?

Any help or guidance, we do appreciate it.

Yes there is a new I-864 form, released and start accepting on 10/06/15

Edition Date

07/02/15. (Starting 10/06/15, USCIS will only accept the 07/02/15 edition. Until then, you can use the 03/22/13 edition.) The edition date can be found at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-864

I think you guys should be OK - once NVC completed your case, it's done, they've reviewed your AOS and IV - even my case and I'm still waiting for a CC, they told me everything is reviewed just waiting for DS-260 - the submission date of AOS does matter in the case - if I'm to submit AOS after 10/06/15 yep I'm gonna have to use the new released form.

Congratulations to Mrs.Mansor0809

Hi everyone,

I am new registry. I am looking for some help. My husband and I are Palestinian. My husband is currently live in West Bank. He got his in date (10/28/2015) and instruction for US consulate in Jerusalem. However, we have ran into a snag on this web site "ais.usvisa-info.com/en-il/iv". According to Consulate check list, my husband has to create an account for a courier and get proof. So, we tried create the account but it gives an error state "date is not ready for interview". We are nervous and concern. I check the NVC web site and it states "Case at NVC". This is confusing. He gets a scheduled interview date and he is in motion to gather all the documents as well as to schedule a medical but we can't create a simple account.

Has anyone run into this problem? What action has been done to correct it?

Any help or guidance, we do appreciate it.

You can email the Consulate and let them verify if they have your interview scheduled on the correct date, also you can contact WASSEL and ask them about this error, I'd start with WASSEL first, and if they can't do anything about it and it's not a technical issue, then I'd email the Consulate to verify.

http://www.wassel.ps/?TemplateId=contact&PageId=16&MenuId=52&Lang=1

Consulate email: JerusalemIVInquiries@state.gov

I hope this will help.

Instructions on how to register on the CSC visa services website:

All immigrant visa applicants are required to go on-line and register their immigrant visa cases prior to their visa interviews by visiting the website https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-il/ivand following these simple steps:

1. Select “Register”

2. Select the appropriate IV service

3. Set up a “User Account”

4. Enter applicant’s information including the DS-260 Immigrant Visa Application bar-code.

5. Enter your IV case number as indicated on the appointment or instruction letter you received. For Immediate Family or Family Preference cases enter the case number which begins with JRS followed by 10 numbers. For a Diversity Lottery Visa case, please enter the 14 characters number provided by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).

6. Register every family member who is applying for a visa separately.

7. Select the courier pick up location or include an address where you would like the visa packet to be delivered. Changes to the selected delivery location will be allowed only until a day before your consular interview.

8. Print out the system confirmation page and bring it with you to you consular appointment

9. If your application is successful, your visa packet will be returned to you via courier at the selected delivery location or home/office address provided. Please note that the tracking of the document delivery status will be possible only after the courier company has assigned an Air Way Bill number for your documents. To track the delivery of your documents, you can log-in to your created account or by calling the following local number 02-5677833 or from within the US at 703 4392344.

IMPORTANT: You will NOT be able to receive your immigrant visa until you have followed this mandatory step.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.