Natepartlan

Question about the final tasks before leaving Philippines

19 posts in this topic

New here and been reading and learning. Advance apologies if this topic has been previously covered and I haven't come across it yet.

My question centers around going to the Philippines to join my fiance for the final tasks and fly home together. I know I can't join her in everything like the medical and CFO seminar, but at least I can be there.

For argument's sake, lets say I leave here on a Friday evening, arrive Saturday morning in Manila, meet my lady there and chill out saturday and Sunday. Medical monday, CFO tuesday, interview the next monday, wait 10 days for visa while saying goodbye to family and friends, get CFO sticker and fly home friday.

Total vacation time from work -> 3 weeks.

Does this seem like a do-able timeline or am I dreaming?

New here and been reading and learning. Advance apologies if this topic has been previously covered and I haven't come across it yet.

My question centers around going to the Philippines to join my fiance for the final tasks and fly home together. I know I can't join her in everything like the medical and CFO seminar, but at least I can be there.

For argument's sake, lets say I leave here on a Friday evening, arrive Saturday morning in Manila, meet my lady there and chill out saturday and Sunday. Medical monday, CFO tuesday, interview the next monday, wait 10 days for visa while saying goodbye to family and friends, get CFO sticker and fly home friday.

actually I'm thinking of doing the same, but in multi trips though. Go there for medical and cfo for a week, come back to US, then go back for the interview. Keep in mind that medical will be 2 days not 1 day. IMHO, 3 weeks should be enough.

good luck and enjoy the trip

Edited by jandjin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds like a plan.. Actually my first medical took me 1day (I got sputum) but some of my friends there are not, so they are so lucky thou! But yeah, just pray that everything is fine on her medical.

GoodLuck.

I-K1 III-ROC

02/14/2014 - I-129f Sent 02/--/2018 - I-751 Mail

02/27/2014 - NOA1

04/22/2014 - NOA2 Approved

05/13/2014 - Shipped to NVC

05/17/2014 - NVC received

06/13/2014 - Pay Non-immigrant Visa

(St.Lukes Medical Center)

08/12/2014 - MEDICAL!!! Under Sputum

08/26-27-28/2014-Dates of Collection

10/30/2014 - Immunization

(USEM)

11/12/2014 - Interview Approved!!!

11/14/2014 - Issued

11/19/2014 - Visa in Hand!

12/01/2014 - CFO

12/21/2014 - Enter USA (LAX)

02/27/2015 - Married

II-AOS

03/27/2015 - AOS Sent

06/29/2015 - Biometrics

04/16/2016 - Received NOA1 and RFE!! Incomplete I-693!

04/20/2016 - Medical Result Sent

04/22/2016 - Received Packaged from USCIS

05/06/2016 - APPROVED!!!!! (No Interview applied)

06/09/2016 - Green Card arrived!!!

Praying and Waiting :innocent:

actually I'm thinking of doing the same, but in multi trips though. Go there for medical and cfo for a week, come back to US, then go back for the interview. Keep in mind that medical will be 2 days not 1 day. IMHO, 3 weeks should be enough.

good luck and enjoy the trip

Thanks, I forgot the medical could extend to 2 days.

Is it just me or does your timeline so far seem ultra, super duper fast?

Timeline

My visa took a month issue and we had no ap at all. Set on interview ready for three weeks rhythm in one day went from ready to ap to issue. Took another week after that to get it in hand. Just be wary of your ten day timeline from interview most don't get it that quick...especially with the interview so soon after medical.

My visa took a month issue and we had no ap at all. Set on interview ready for three weeks rhythm in one day went from ready to ap to issue. Took another week after that to get it in hand. Just be wary of your ten day timeline from interview most don't get it that quick...especially with the interview so soon after medical.

Timeline

As long as all of the documents are complete and ready when needed and no extraordinary circumstances happen (CFO system problem, Embassy Visa issuance problem, Need to do tuberculin test, zombie apocalypse) etc. then I feel like 3 weeks is pretty good.

Also if you're leaving this month, please keep in mind PH holidays. The Embassy observes PH Holidays so no work on August 21 and 31.

Good luck! :)

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, that was my plan, I went for the medical and appointment etc, and now almost a year later she is picking up her visa today and I'll be flying back to meet her in a couple of weeks. Any glitch and your time line is blown. If she has to do the sputum test and many , many do you're talking about 2 months minimum. I think it can be done but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen as planned.

It's stressed here often do not buy plane tickets until the visa is in hand.

Edited by bowens44

Thanks, I forgot the medical could extend to 2 days.

Is it just me or does your timeline so far seem ultra, super duper fast?

Many July filers got their NOA2 in 2 weeks or so. So it's not just me. Please don't get me wrong, I consider myself very lucky. I'm expecting to get the MNL # soon, and I'll be on my plane out to PH early Sept.

Timeline

Many July filers got their NOA2 in 2 weeks or so. So it's not just me. Please don't get me wrong, I consider myself very lucky. I'm expecting to get the MNL # soon, and I'll be on my plane out to PH early Sept.

What does getting Noa 2 in 2 weeks have to do with how long it will take you clear medical, cfo, interview, and have visa in hand? 3 weeks is extremely ambitious. Like I said before they had our Packet at the embassy almost 3 months before our interview, medical was two weeks before, and it still took a month after interview....with literally 4 hours of AP. After three weeks at ready went to ap then issued all in one afternoon. It just took them 3 weeks to get to ours in the pile after approval. Even your timeline is ambitious add to dont have MNL Case number and are looking to fly out early September. I think people don't realize the wait involved with getting your passport issued even when approved. Edited by Shauneg

I wasn't saying getting NOA2 in 2 weeks will get all the rest of the processes will fly by. I simply answered to the question when the OP mentioned that "so far your timeline is super fast", yes it is fast and many of other July filers timeline is as fast as 2 weeks

Timeline

I wasn't saying getting NOA2 in 2 weeks will get all the rest of the processes will fly by. I simply answered to the question when the OP mentioned that "so far your timeline is super fast", yes it is fast and many of other July filers timeline is as fast as 2 weeks

Completely went over my head. Makes much better sense. I didn't even see the second half of their quote. My apologies.

Timeline

Let me tell you our timeline.

My fiancee did her medical August 13-14th.

Her interview was July 20th. She was approved.

Her CEAC status changed to "Issued" on the 30th.

Passport/Visa on-hand on August 3rd.

She scheduled her CFO in advance. She went on the 6th.

Everything went smoothly. So for us, it took 4 weeks. It could be earlier because some people(case to case basis) get there visa 3-5 days after the interview. That is the best case scenario.

However, bumps along the way could be encountered(of course, we're hoping that there are none).

In the medical, they might ask for Sputum culture if lungs are not clear. The Embassy might ask for lacking papers. The CEAC status might take a while. Some people took a month before the visa has been delivered. Things like these.

Ours took 4 weeks, so 3 weeks I'm doubtful.

I hope yours will go smoothly.

Everything went smoothly. So for us, it took 4 weeks. It could be earlier because some people(case to case basis) get there visa 3-5 days after the interview. That is the best case scenario.

However, bumps along the way could be encountered(of course, we're hoping that there are none).

In the medical, they might ask for Sputum culture if lungs are not clear. The Embassy might ask for lacking papers. The CEAC status might take a while. Some people took a month before the visa has been delivered. Things like these.

Please correct your post. Dates on your interview and medical are confusing. Thank you

Timeline

My bad.

CORRECTION: Medical is July 13-14th.

(July 13th- August 6th, respectively)

Edited by CaliforniaBae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.