redbeard

Getting panicky regarding interview timing. Seeking advice

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A little background...

Filed I-130s for wife and stepson. Applied for expedite due to high-risk pregnancy and was approved end of April. After much effort we got our NOA2 in the beginning of July. Now we are at the NVC and after almost a month after NOA2, we got our case numbers and things are moving forward. I immediately submitted an expedite request to the NVC on the same grounds about a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Have sent off the AOS and IV packets because I don't want to sit around and wait for a yay or nay from the consulate in Montreal, only to find out I shouldn't have waited to send everything.

So...things are moving, but I'm freaking out that an interview will not come before my wife is no longer able to fly. Due date is December 11th, so basically 4 months out, but due to the pregnancy complications, she likely won't be able to fly for the last two months. Then the baby is going to come, and she won't exactly be able to fly right away with a newborn...probably not until February realistically.

AOS and IV packets will be at the NVC tomorrow morning. My AOS fees are paid, and my IV Fee Invoices just came via email today, but are not yet available at the ceac portal. I'm feeling like getting a case complete and interview in the next two months is not going to happen at this point without an expedite at either the NVC or at the consulate in the form of an immediate interview after cc.

What should I do? Hound the NVC? Attempt to get a processing expedite there? Contact the consulate directly and explain the situation? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From a medical perspective wouldn't she be better off in Canada?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

From a medical perspective wouldn't she be better off in Canada?

Probably, on the chance, god forbid, something really serious should happen, though we do have very good medical insurance in the states through my job.

We have a toddler though...and she has been ordered not to lift more than five pounds for the remainder of the pregnancy, and to not exert herself or exercise. This has been a great challenge with us living separately. So I end up driving north over the border usually three days a week after work (and weekends) to care for him and take the load off of her. On the average day when I drive north, I spend about 3 hours driving. I work at 5am, and by the time I get him to bed at 8pm and drive an hour + back home and get settled and to bed, I'm going on less than 6 hours of sleep a night.

I'm not trying to tell a sob story, but this is wearing me down week after week. The thought of doing it for another 4 months, and then still being separated from my wife, son and newborn until February or March is hard to swallow. Of course I will do it if that is the way things end up going down, but I'm sure as heck going to do everything in my power to get an early interview, if at all possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sadly the route which we can not discuss would have been the way to go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i remember shaving time on my casefile at NVC because I made a new friend, a supervisor at NVC. But that was 2 years ago, unsure if'n its possible these days.

That supervisor pulled stuff for me, out of queue. I've no idea if that will work for you.

If'n I could clone myself and my communication skills, I'd give you one of me. take a look at my profile from a pc, there's stuff noted there.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Sadly the route which we can not discuss would have been the way to go.

I know. Sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission. I feel good knowing we are doing things the right way though. Just hope someone at the NVC can help us out and work our file fast. Would sure be a big deal and blessing for our family.

Timeline

I don't think embassy has any role in it. hound nvc and try getting expedited

Best wishes to you and your family

sorry,

when one requests an expedite at NVC,

NVC contacts the IV Unit at that Consulate/Embassy as

it's the IV Unit that grants the expedite.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no. it's a waste of time.

NVC is your only input at this stage. NVC contacts the IV Unit, not you.

Focus on communication with a supervisor at NVC, via telephone.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Follow-up your expedite request with NVC and also, call the embassy to check if they have received it or not. The decision will come from the Embassy not from NVC.

Edited by aurpol

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You mention driving back and forth across the border, but you also mention restrictions on flying due to pregnancy. Will driving her to the states be a hardship for her, as well? Just curious. Nothing behind my question.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

You mention driving back and forth across the border, but you also mention restrictions on flying due to pregnancy. Will driving her to the states be a hardship for her, as well? Just curious. Nothing behind my question.

She can drive just fine. I end up going north all the time due to us having a previous "proof of ties" situation at the border in which they thought she was trying to immigrate illegally (She wasn't). They let her through again now, but she gets hauled into secondary every time and usually waits in line for an hour, and that is hard with a toddler, so she doesn't do it often. Usually when she wants to come down to the states now, I drive north and pick up my stepson and bring him back with me, ahead of her, so she can go through secondary by herself. It's a pain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.