Kris&Eva

K1 VISA: Had Medical examination at London Embassy. Doctor spotted little problem?! (merged threads/postings)

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just because you have anxiety doesn't give you the right to diagnose others on the internet with confidence :idea: I have panic attacks too, and given what the OP described and the mitigating circumstances, it seems pretty clear to me a panic attack is not what occurred.

Oh really? Were you in the room with her and the doctor listening to her heart to know that the follow up was warranted? Give me a break.

Ive made another post regarding the issue. I went to see my doctor today and she said she can hear a noise. She is going to refer me to the hospital for some tests. I still don't know when. Everything takes so long here in UK, it drives me mad. Apparently its a heart murmur.. so i guess the doctor in London was right. Still it doesn't give her the right to have an attitude with me. Doctors should have a positive attitude and look like they're willing to help... She shouldnt be a doctor.

• Met online - 16th May 2014 ^_^
  • Met in person - 5th July 2014 :rolleyes:
  • Saw each other again - 15th October 2014 (L)
  • Got engaged - 31st October 2014 :wub:
  • Filed K1- Fiance visa Petition - 23rd December 2014 :dance:
  • NOA1 received - 27th December 2014 :idea:
  • Seen each other again; visited Dubai and Thailand - 27th March till 15th April 2015 :star:
  • NOA2 Received - 25th June 2015 :wow:
  • Petition received by the NVC - 9th July 2015 ^_^
  • Petition received by the London Embassy - 27th July 2015 :thumbs:
  • Medical examination at Knightsbridge Doctors in London - 12th August 2015 :content:
  • Interview at the US embassy in London - 19th November 2015 :dancing:
  • VISA APPROVED on 19th November 2015! :dancing::wow::thumbs::energy::dance:

vfvO.png ddkF.png

Timeline

Absolutely don't worry, you won't be denied okay? And it's a very good thing you know now, where you can get medical care without heavy cost.

Many people have heart murmurs, but they also often never know they have one. Often not even a doctor will pick it up as they can be transient and hard to hear if not specifically looking/trained. Stress will do you no good with it, but the good news is often murmurs are innocent and don't even require treatment beyond monitoring once in a while. My mom has a transient murmur, which is honestly fairly normal for her age. She has some underlying conditions that also has an affect on the heart. If you are generally fit and healthy, chances are it's an issue that is easily solved.

Thank you! you have given me hope.

I am just worried that the whole process is going to be delayed. I still haven't had my interview but the expiration date is 25th OCT. I am scared i won't be able to make it in time

• Seen each other again; visited Dubai and Thailand - 27th March till 15th April 2015 :star:
  • Medical examination at Knightsbridge Doctors in London - 12th August 2015 :content:

vfvO.png ddkF.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I did not say that is what she has, I said that's what it sounded like to me in my experience (and several others I know) but that it also might not be too. Sorry your panic attacks do not cause heart racing as it does for other people. That's a good thing right?

And yes, it was warranted. Which is why I mentioned her follow-up thread, if you'd care to read it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/561337-had-k1-medical-exam-at-knightsbridge-london-heart-murmur-issue-what-now/

"Being under stress to the point it affects your health is suffering from anxiety to some degree. I know it well. That being said, if it came on suddenly during a stressful situation, it does sound like a classic anxiety attack. First time for everything right?"

That sounded pretty concrete to me. But oh well :) And when did I ever say my panic attacks don't include heart racing? I'd love to see it?

Thanks! I had a look at the other thread, and nothing has been proven. It's quite possible that the doctor was trying to look for something, and low and behold, found something. I believe heart murmurs are quite common and even normal once in a while. Of course the OP's health is of the highest concern, which is why I think telling someone they have anxiety when they probably don't is a bad idea. It just adds to their stress.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Timeline

Ive made another post regarding the issue. I went to see my doctor today and she said she can hear a noise. She is going to refer me to the hospital for some tests. I still don't know when. Everything takes so long here in UK, it drives me mad. Apparently its a heart murmur.. so i guess the doctor in London was right. Still it doesn't give her the right to have an attitude with me. Doctors should have a positive attitude and look like they're willing to help... She shouldnt be a doctor.

I think it's great that action is being taken on your health, however I still think the whole thing was pointless. It's possible the doctor in London was right, also possible they were wrong. Only time will tell. I'm sorry this is delaying your process :(

Baby what we have"

"Being under stress to the point it affects your health is suffering from anxiety to some degree. I know it well. That being said, if it came on suddenly during a stressful situation, it does sound like a classic anxiety attack. First time for everything right?"

That sounded pretty concrete to me. But oh well :) And when did I ever say my panic attacks don't include heart racing? I'd love to see it?

Thanks! I had a look at the other thread, and nothing has been proven. It's quite possible that the doctor was trying to look for something, and low and behold, found something. I believe heart murmurs are quite common and even normal once in a while. Of course the OP's health is of the highest concern, which is why I think telling someone they have anxiety when they probably don't is a bad idea. It just adds to their stress.

Amazing that there's also something else added onto that snippet of quote that kind of clarifies. ''Nevertheless, should it not be, it's always good to get it checked anyway.''

If you'd like to continue aggressively arguing for the sake of arguing, it won't help the OP in the slightest, which is why I'm not continuing this with you, as it's kind of silly.

((OP London will extend your date. Don't worry. If it runs over or close, bring an updated and newly signed letter of intent from fiancé.))

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

I think it's great that action is being taken on your health, however I still think the whole thing was pointless. It's possible the doctor in London was right, also possible they were wrong. Only time will tell. I'm sorry this is delaying your process :(

I'm just really scared because the expiration date is 25th october and i need the interview and the medical results to be sent before that. I know its plenty of time but sometimes it takes from 5-6 weeks to receive the interview and my medical isn't even done yet :(

vfvO.png ddkF.png

Thank you! you have given me hope.

I am just worried that the whole process is going to be delayed. I still haven't had my interview but the expiration date is 25th OCT. I am scared i won't be able to make it in time

The expiration is nothing to worry about. A new letter of intent from the petitioner is brought to the interview to revalidate an expired petition. Read your letter from London again. That's where they tell you that.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Amazing that there's also something else added onto that snippet of quote that kind of clarifies. ''Nevertheless, should it not be, it's always good to get it checked anyway.''

If you'd like to continue aggressively arguing for the sake of arguing, it won't help the OP in the slightest, which is why I'm not continuing this with you, as it's kind of silly.

((OP London will extend your date. Don't worry. If it runs over or close, bring an updated and newly signed letter of intent from fiancé.))

Thank you so much!

vfvO.png ddkF.png

Timeline
I had a medical examination done and they have found a problem with my heart. I need tests done at the hospital so then it can be sent back to the Medical centre in London.. so then they can send the results to the embassy. I know it will take few weeks for me to receive results and then to have them sent to London. My priority date is 25th June 2015.. expires in 4 months so it expires in 24th October 2015. I am scared I won't be able to receive the interview before the expiration date.. because of the medical being put on hold. Can anyone give me some advice what to do?

vfvO.png ddkF.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You do not have a K-1 visa that is expiring.

To get a K-1 visa, you must pass the interview. Without an interview, there is no way you have a K-1 visa, much less one that is expiring.

Priority Dates do not expire and are irrelevant for a K-1.

Please be precise with what is expiring, since good info will lead to good answers and bad info will lead to the wrong answers.

If it's your medical that will expire before your interview, then you would need another one that is not expired to be eligible for a K-1 visa.

Timeline

Sweetheart, I don't have the time or patience to argue with you "aggressively" I'm addressing issues which I think your posts have which could negatively affect the OP. It really is that simple.

Baby what we have"

Timeline

Sweetheart, I don't have the time or patience to argue with you "aggressively" I'm addressing issues which I think your posts have which could negatively affect the OP. It really is that simple.

Everyone just please calm down. No harm done! Both of you made valid points and have been extremely helpful to me. Thank you all for taking the time to write back to me.

vfvO.png ddkF.png

Your priority date is irrelevant at the USEM. The officer can extend it as many times as necessary. You're good.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

As someone that does suffer from anxiety attacks, I know what personally causes my heart to race. There's a difference between racing from anxiety, or a fight or flight response and a true murmur.

That being said, since the OP has made another thread as a follow-up to the subject, despite this particular doctor's attitude being prickly, their concern in this matter regarding the heart was warranted. Not every doctor has a good bedside manner, no. But that doesn't mean the doctor doesn't know what they are doing.

Just because that's how it is for you doesn't give you the knowledge to diagnose others, please don't spread misinterpretation. Leave the diagnosis to doctors.

The heart murmur thing mentioned in the other thread is the same thing the OP mentioned in this thread which she said the doctor wasn't even sure of so I don't know how you can tell the concern was warranted.

Timeline

Just because that's how it is for you doesn't give you the knowledge to diagnose others, please don't spread misinterpretation. Leave the diagnosis to doctors.

The heart murmur thing mentioned in the other thread is the same thing the OP mentioned in this thread which she said the doctor wasn't even sure of so I don't know how you can tell the concern was warranted.

This thread is older than the other one. The other thread has been posted recently. There is something wrong with me, and my doctor has referred me to have tests done.

vfvO.png ddkF.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.