williams2015

Can I take my children out of the USA? [edited title]

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm sorry but I must ask...Why would you want to send your child to Thailand and miss out on those years?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

You'll need to fill out a form DS-11 and submit it in person to a passport agency (most post offices do this). Make sure to bring all supporting documents and make a photocopy of each document. You will also need passport-sized photos of your child and the appropriate fees.

This link gives you step by step instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/first-time.html

Along with the DS-11 form, you can complete the DS-5525 form where you can explain the circumstances as to why the father will not be present while applying for the child: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/217450.pdf

Edited by teeak

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry but I must ask...Why would you want to send your child to Thailand and miss out on those years?

It's more common in the Asian culture, it's a cultural thing.

OP does the child have a father on his birth certificate? The passport will probably be your hurdle, they could hassle you at airport but probably not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Says on US State Dep's website that:

Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the child and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the child. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.

If the child only has one parent/guardian, evidence of sole authority to apply for the child must be submitted with the application in the form of a:

• Court order granting sole legal custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel is restricted by that order)
  • A court order specifically permitting the applying parent to apply for the child’s passport
  • Judicial declaration of incompetence of the non-applying parent
  • Death certificate of the non-applying parent
  • Photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable

Link to State Department's website for more info: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/under-16.html

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Says on US State Dep's website that:

Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the child and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the child. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.

If the child only has one parent/guardian, evidence of sole authority to apply for the child must be submitted with the application in the form of a:

• Court order granting sole legal custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel is restricted by that order)
  • A court order specifically permitting the applying parent to apply for the child’s passport
  • Judicial declaration of incompetence of the non-applying parent
  • Death certificate of the non-applying parent
  • Photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable

Link to State Department's website for more info: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/under-16.html

Yep simply not knowing where or who the other parent is doesn't cut it, alot of people would scam if that was the case. Should be easy to get something from the court though I would imagine in this case.

I personally fell in the first line....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread title has been edited to clarify "USA."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

All of these scenarios and response will work if your child's father does not come after you for taking the child away.

You are not only taking the child away outside the US but you are also leaving the child there.

I don't know what goes into that but that's something to think about.

I for one, would love to have my children experience life outside of the US for a while.

Good luck!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's more common in the Asian culture, it's a cultural thing.

OP does the child have a father on his birth certificate? The passport will probably be your hurdle, they could hassle you at airport but probably not.

I agree with you but it is not just asian culture. It is common among immigrants. Lots of Africans send their American-born kids back home to learn "common sense"..lol

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

There is no problem with you coming back without the baby.

Your problem is getting a U.S. passport for the baby. Since you know who the father is, leaving his name off the birth certificate does not solve your problem. He is known, so you will need his permission or a court order to get a U.S. passport for your child.

That's wrong. I know who my child's father is, but him not being on the BC gives me full legal custody. I did not have any problems getting her passport.

If the father is not on the BC, the father DOES NOT need to appear. They never even asked me about him once they saw the BC. You will need to bring the BC with you because they may check as you leave the US and when you enter Thailand.

Edited by p1nkmamba

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thx everyone. I have some ideas.

DS-11

BC

photos

fee

DS- 5525 or DS- 3053 or court latter....I will check again with local officers.

I think I ll walk in to the office.

Anyway it not about culture. I would love to take care my baby here But I have no family here. I have to work and find a better job to have a good schedule with my baby.

my income cannot support for rent and car and insurance and med and food or day care. i need to be stable and prepare very things when he come back here to school.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.