94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

HI.....

I sent in my I-129F (and G-1145) forms back in June, and now I've received a notification now that we we need to complete the g-325a forms. Is this something anyone else had to complete as well?

Everyone needs to fill it out. It's in the instructions on the website and on the guides here. Remember that you and your fiance's needs to be a wet signature, so they will need to send it to you.

Edited by p1nkmamba

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI.....

I sent in my I-129F (and G-1145) forms back in June, and now I've received a notification now that we we need to complete the g-325a forms. Is this something anyone else had to complete as well?

Hey, Yes I did the G325A forms for both myself and my fiancée.. It is a requirement with the I-129F application along with the I-134 so you should complete these form for yourself and your fiancée and have her sign it and send both back as soon ### you can. This form is for a background check purposes and required you and your beneficiary to provide information about your and her parents and place of reside...

The sooner you send those to USCIS the sooner you case might be approved

It has been 5 weeks and 3 days since they received my I-129F and still haven't gotten any RFE's from them

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey, Yes I did the G325A forms for both myself and my fiancée.. It is a requirement with the I-129F application along with the I-134 so you should complete these form for yourself and your fiancée and have her sign it and send both back as soon ### you can. This form is for a background check purposes and required you and your beneficiary to provide information about your and her parents and place of reside...

It has been 5 weeks and 3 days since they received my I-129F and still haven't gotten any RFE's from them

Good luck

The I-134 is not required with the I-129F.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Good luck

I-134 is for the Embassy stage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would think USCIS would be annoyed having to read possibly poor penmanship :P And hand-writing doesn't equate sincerity. But, to each their own I suppose. I wouldn't recommend hand-writing anything in your USCIS package.

I double check with him on this matter after your post and as per him he said, 'This is a training issue that we (USCIS) need to handle, and it would be much better to send letter of intend till uscis internally resolve this matter. There were expired I-129F forms which didn't have that question express the intention to marry in 90 days and new forms have it so officers need to stop sending RFE'.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I double check with him on this matter after your post and as per him he said, 'This is a training issue that we (USCIS) need to handle, and it would be much better to send letter of intend till uscis internally resolve this matter. There were expired I-129F forms which didn't have that question express the intention to marry in 90 days and new forms have it so officers need to stop sending RFE'.

I am sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Who said this?

The I-129F does not have a question about the intent to marry. The form instructions state you must include this with your petition. You sign the form certifying that you will marry within 90 days, but the instructions still require the statements from both parties.

Page 5 of the instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf >

7. If Filing for Your Fiancé(e) (K-1), What Documents Do you Need to Prove That Your Fiancé(e) Is Eligible for

K-1 Classification and That You Both Can Legally Marry?

b. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)'s entry as a K-1.

Evidence of your intention to marry may include a statement of intent to marry.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I don't really understand what you are saying. You currently need some evidence of planning to get married within 90 days. Letter of intent is the easiest and accepted. It is in the current instructions and is what should be used, not old forms. If one party does not have a letter, then they will get an RFE.

I am sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Who said this?

The I-129F does not have a question about the intent to marry. The form instructions state you must include this with your petition. You sign the form certifying that you will marry within 90 days, but the instructions still require the statements from both parties.

Page 5 of the instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf >

7. If Filing for Your Fiancé(e) (K-1), What Documents Do you Need to Prove That Your Fiancé(e) Is Eligible for

K-1 Classification and That You Both Can Legally Marry?

b. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)'s entry as a K-1.

Evidence of your intention to marry may include a statement of intent to marry.

Sorry I keep posting after you. You must submit while I am still writing. :)

Ah ok.. Sorry, I guess I have sent USCIS unnecessary imformation, I thought it was required with the I129F :(

No problem. I would probably make sure to remember to fill it out again for the embassy so there is no hold up.

post-204081-0-32189600-1439588781_thumb.jpg

Edited by p1nkmamba

Timeline

A'n'L,

I do not know what you are reading in my post,

but, the second sentence says, exactly what you did. "Simply type the letters and sign and send them in."

I agree with what you did. No problem, me and my wife just did it differently, we hand wrote them,.,.., it is merely a choice.

Nothing wrong with "what works for you."

Timeline

CLARIFICATION: I apologize for providing wrong information related to 'Letter of Intend' because I wrongly comprehended the advise from my friend. He said 'I don't need to write a supplement for the question related to 'How We Met', but somehow I thought it was related to 'Letter of Intend' since I called him about it but somehow I totally misunderstood him and made a post here that if there is no letter of intend then not to worry since it is covered in the latest I-129F form.

Thanks all of you who noticed the error. Special thanks to KayDeeCee

Timeline

When checking the USCIS time processing information for California Service Center (CSC) it shows approval time for I-29F if 5 months but visajourney is showing approximately one month. Let me know if I am looking at a wrong page while on uscis processing time page. Please advise. Thanks.

Timeline

When checking the USCIS time processing information for California Service Center (CSC) it shows approval time for I-29F if 5 months but visajourney is showing approximately one month. Let me know if I am looking at a wrong page while on uscis processing time page. Please advise. Thanks.

I'm sure Visajourney is wrong.. I just checked the statistics and it shows that average days for approval for I-129F is approximately 51 days so that's about 2 months already not just one month and I'm sure the USCIS website is more accurate than here..

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?history=90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Now the K1 processing times seem to be very quick. Before cases got transferred to CSC, people were stuck at TSC for around 200 days give or take. I got lucky with 170.

K1 until Green Card

01/13/15 - I-129F package sent

01/15/15 - Arrived at Texas Service Center (sigh...)

01/27/15 - NOA1 in hand

07/16/15 - Case was approved!

07/21/15 - NOA2 in hand

07/24/15 - Case sent to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC Case # Assigned / Case sent to embassy (estimate)

08/05/15 - Arrived at embassy

08/12/15 - Packet 3 received

08/17/15 - Packet 3 sent

08/28/15 - Packet 4 received

09/28/15 - Medical

09/30/15 - Interview - approved

10/07/15 - K1 Visa in hand

10/22/15 - POE

11/06/15 - Married!

12/15/15 - I-485 package sent
02/29/16 - I-485 approved (interview waived)

03/08/16 - Green Card in hand

Thanks for your reply

I wanna know following things pls, I have my NAO-2 and needs to know further step

1- how I am gonna informed by embassy for my physical & interview ?

2- what Is Packet 3 & what's included in that

3-how many days it took to book for physical test & what I have to provide it with (any documentation)

4-I never had vaccination that I can think of ( just once I remember when I was 13,14 yr old ) ,I don't have a record for that plus how long it gonna take for my physical if I don't have any vaccination etc. done before or any medical examination

5-how to Fill the DS-160 form ( is it online I can fill it at home too , what things I should remember while filling this form)

6- what's the nicest way to get interview appointment. Of your choice ( day or time) is it possible, further more how to book it

7- how the interview is performed in Islamabad (through window / one on one sitting on table )? What's the best way and how long it took ? Do they decide on spot plus Are they friendly or nasty

8-Do I have to send any further information to Embassy after I fill packet 3 ( which I really don't know , since I have not received it yet )

Thanks for your reply earlier and spending time , I really appreciate

Looking forward

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My petition's status updated today about some missing evidence and USCIS is sending me a request for evidence (RFE) letter today 08/29/2015. Will keep you posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.