94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good News: Anxiety level is lot less now :) ........... I just received a text message and an email from USCIS and below is the content of that message. Guys and gals my case is going to California Service Center wooohooo :) no more anxiety :)

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number WAC15XXXXXXXX. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

.... End of Message

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good News: Anxiety level is lot less now :) ........... I just received a text message and an email from USCIS and below is the content of that message. Guys and gals my case is going to California Service Center wooohooo :) no more anxiety :)

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number WAC15XXXXXXXX. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

.... End of Message

See patience is a virtue and this process will take a lot of it. Best of luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

You will get an electronic notice for sure. Don't worry about that. I was at TSC, and I am sure they are all the same, but either way they where always very prompt in sending a text/email when any movement happened on the case. We got our notice on Dec 17 that it was accepted on Dec 15, 2014. We got approved June 30, and we got a text at 8pm pacific time saying it was approved. Days later it said mailed to DOS. I think our NOA 1 was texted well before we got the letter, and same to the last two things I mentioned.

A word of advice... check your paperwork, then check it again, then check it again, and check it again. Then send it in. Seems every time I look at my papers I find another minor error until about the 4th look. Remember these agents at the service center are detail freaks. The littlest thing I have seen get RFE's to people.

Further advice, do your homework on the different phases. We are at the consular phase, and if not for doing my homework using VJ or ***removed***, state dept websites etc etc etc There is no way I would have sent her with the right documents today. Plus hey, it gives you something to do.

Now for the good part (bank account willing). See the thread "yes you can visit", because yes you can. My fiancé was here for the past 3 months on an ESTA. There are allot of caveats to this though, so read up and ask questions.

Best of luck to you, and try not to worry too much. Hopefully california is still pushing them out every 45 days.

OH and KEEP ALL YOUR PAPERS!! Make an exact copy of anything you send in. Things get lost sometimes. It will all work out, keep strong

Timeline

Yep, you are right on the money on keep reviewing few times before mailing. I found many errors in my package that I prepared to mail. My package for the petition was ready but I hold it for a weak and reviewed it every day and keep finding errors till it was error free for my own eyes and then I let someone else review the package who has experience of going through the process, and on top of everything visajourney was the best to answer all the questions.

Now I already started working on gathering the papers / documents that are needed during the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Yep, you are right on the money on keep reviewing few times before mailing. I found many errors in my package that I prepared to mail. My package for the petition was ready but I hold it for a weak and reviewed it every day and keep finding errors till it was error free for my own eyes and then I let someone else review the package who has experience of going through the process, and on top of everything visajourney was the best to answer all the questions.

Now I already started working on gathering the papers / documents that are needed during the interview.

looks like you got the right idea. Do keep in mind that if for some reason your process drags on like mine did... that some of the documents need to be recent. Every embassy is different, but Hungary had some documents for the I-134 couldn't be more than 6 months old and some just had to be within a year. As for getting tax transcripts from the IRS (apparently the consulates like this over the tax return copies)... they only take maybe a week or so to get. They are pretty fast. Hungary wanted tax documents notarized. So be advised that a bank won't do that. its not within their scope. However, the UPS Store was on point. They did 4 documents for me this morning for the price of 3 and have a larger scope of notary ability than a bank. Just look up your state's notary verbiage and print it out as required. By that I mean a page that says that I lkjdflsd by the state of kj;kJ;kJ county of kljl;jj verify the document to be true and original blah blah blah. and a place to sign and stamp. Its easy to find on the net. The bank right pissed me off. Called them on the phone and asked if they could. Got there and they backed out and sent me to UPS Store. Another $30 bucks to immigration woo hoo lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP it looks good to me.

would like to have seen "intent to marry" letters, hand written, signed, and dated.

Also, boarding passes added to passport pages for more proof. Boarding passes show you actually got on the plane, and what flight, day, and flight number.

It just what we did.

Timeline

raven52 : Yes, I included the color copies of the boarding pass and the color copies of passport pages :)

jbed81: You made some good points and make sure to have the copies of IRS returns directly from IRS to look credible for them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

A small umm excerpt from my signature. I hope this helps. USCIS takes time to get back to your USC fiance acknowledging that they received your petition. So just hang in there.

Also your checklist looks just fine.

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: C receives NOA1 notification in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition) (waiting to receive NOA1 hardcopy)

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: NOA1 notification received in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition)

April 24, 2015: Case approved by USCIS (24 days after receiving NOA1)

May 1, 2015: NOA2 received in mail

May 14, 2015: Case getting processed at NVC

May 19, 2015: NVC processing done

May 24, 2015: Letter from NVC received (31 days after receiving NOA2) (case forwarded to consulate, interview location allotted)

May 25, 2015: I receive Packet 3 from United States Consulate General, Mumbai

May 28, 2015: Filled DS-160 form online, confirmation received and printed

June 1, 2015: Visa fees paid. Consular interview and OFC scheduled for 10 July, 2015

June 15, 2015: Medical examination

July 10, 2015: Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate. Visa approved!!

July 11, 13, 15, 2015: Case status on caec changed to 'Ready' on each mentioned date and case creation dates updated on each mentioned date
July 16, 2015: Case creation date updated, case status changed to 'Administrative Processing'
July 17, 2015: Case status updated to 'Issued' passport dispatched through BlueDart, DHL

July 20, 2015: Received passport with my visa on it and a sealed yellow envelope

September 2, 2015: POE Orlando, Florida

September 17, 2015: Courthouse marriage. We're married!

October 8, 2015: AOS, EAD and AP application submitted via UPS

October 19, 2015: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP received in mail

October 24, 2015: Civil marriage with families present. We're married, again!

October 27, 2015: Biometric notice received in mail

November 2, 2015: Biometrics done (walk-in at Orlando center) and RFE received in email for GC appliaction

January 7, 2016: EAD, AP approved (91 days after submitting the AOS application)

March 11, 2016: GC approved

May 6, 2020: Filed N400 online

May 7, 2020: Online receipt confirming USCIS received my case for N400 online (hard copy received in mail)

August 7, 2020: Online notification of biometrics reuse (hard copy received in mail)

August 14, 2020: Online notification for interview appointment (hard copy received in mail)

September 23, 2020: Naturalization interview, case approved, took oath, and just like that I am now a citizen of the United States!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey Sal, glad to hear you were notified. I just mailed my K1 off recently too, so I'm hoping for a quick response as well. It may be premature, but I've already started getting familiar with the next step and next step after that in the process. Better to read ahead and be prepared, than wait and be caught off-guard.

Good luck to you and yours

Tag

Priority Mailed I-129 on 8/10/15

Tracked and Received by Texas Lockbox 8/12/15

N.O.A.1 email/text 08/17/15

N.O.A. 1 hard copy 8/21/15

R.F.E. 09/02/15 ?

N.O.A. 2 email/text 09/24/15

N.O.A. 2 hard copy 09/28/15

N.V.C. Received 10/15/15

N.V.C Case#10/19/15

N.V.C. In Transit 10/20/15

Case Received 10/22/15

Medical 11/17/

Appointment date 11/18/15

Approval 11/18/15!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.E. J.F.K.- 11/27/15 ?????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi we also applied for the k1 and we included the form to get an email notification but we didnt...we only received the NOA1 per mail..So maybe that is what happened to you as well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

would like to have seen "intent to marry" letters, hand written, signed, and dated.

Does the "intent to marry" letter have to be hand-written? Why? Where is that specified?

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No, it doesn't and it's not specified anywhere. Ours were typed with original signatures and we were fine.

Does the "intent to marry" letter have to be hand-written? Why? Where is that specified?

Welcome to the Visa Journey community! Our letters of intent were printed with original signatures and they were accepted.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I will add that TSC seems to better about informing. I never got a NOA2 e-notice from them. I had an app on my phone that alerted me. I never got a notification it was on it's way to NVC either. My status still just says approved, but our file is at the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent my K1 petition to TCS via fedex which was received by them on last Monday August 10th. 2015 as per Fedex tracking. I also included the form G-1145 and I was expecting to receive a notification via text or email but nothing has happened.

Beside this I included the following in my application package with the help of this forum and I hope I did it right :) ..... Now I am having post filing anxiety and feel like if I have missed something lolz...

1. Cover letter

2. I-129F (signed)

3. G-1145

4. G325A (one by petitioner and beneficiary each)

5. Two pictures as per the requirement with names on the back

6. 5 Pictures with my fiance in different places on different occasions during my visit for the engagement

7. Divorce decree from previous marriage (copy)

8. Copy of my US passport's all pages

9. copies of Boarding passes on my flight back and forth

10. copies of our on going relationship on whatsapp, viber and skype :)

11. Supplement pages to support the extra information for I-129F

12. Money order for US$340.00

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.