Gorkhali

Medical Question - Do i have to reveal ??

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Guys

I have trouble sleeping, therefore since last 2 years i started taking Benadryl. (Benadryl is a brand name for a number of different medications. In the United States and Canada, it contains the antihistamine diphenhydramine. In the United Kingdom, it contain either the antihistamine acrivastine (marketed as Benadryl Allergy Relief) or the long acting antihistamine cetirizine (marketed as Benadryl One a Day Relief). Benadryl products are marketed in Australia and New Zealand as a cough medicine and do not contain any antihistamine.) In India it's sold as cough syrup

Benadryl soothes me and helps me sleep.I also know that it's on counter drug in United States however its ban in Nepal but not in India. So while i go for medical test in Delhi, Do i have to reveal this to doctor? If yes, what are the consequences ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

In Australia, you are urine tested for illegal recreational drugs (marijuana, cocaine etc).

I am not sure of the medical process in Nepal.

I'd say to leave it and do not raise it. If you raise it, then it'll be flagged on your medical. It'll get flagged on your medical anyway if you are tested for it.

So there would really be no benefit to disclosing it.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Slightly grey situation, but since it is not illegal in India, I would not reveal it (and wow, banned in Nepal? we give it to your kids when they are sick!)

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Since it is not illegal in India, I doubt they will even ask/ test for it, so you should b in the clear.

If for some reason it is determined that you took it, and it is considered an illegal drug, then they may delay your visa for a year while you do random drug testing. This seems very unlikely in your case though.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Reading over internet Diphenhydramine is ban in India. Benadryl has Diphenhydramine

Gosh this is driving me nuts. Tomorrow i am visiting Physician to ask about this question ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Reading over internet Diphenhydramine is ban in India. Benadryl has Diphenhydramine

Gosh this is driving me nuts. Tomorrow i am visiting Physician to ask about this question ??

I would not get too worked up over it. Mostly they are looking for illegal drug use like cocaine and marijuana. More than likely they will not screen you for an antihistamine. It is not addicting and usually leaves your system in 24 hours. Google the life expectancy of Benadryl in your system meaning the time it takes to be processed by your liver and excreted through urine if you are concerned. I am a registered nurse and unless they are specifically looking for antihistamines, it wont show up on a normal drug screening panel. Good luck and hope this brings you some peace of mind and sound sleep:)

Timeline

thank you so much.. I was so scared.. I went to my physician and asked him 20 questions and he said same thing and I was not believing him

I also only take 1 spoon only every night. as I am scared I am not taking any from today itself

and thank you thank you for your reply. it means so much to me .. makes me feel calm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I would not get too worked up over it. Mostly they are looking for illegal drug use like cocaine and marijuana. More than likely they will not screen you for an antihistamine. It is not addicting and usually leaves your system in 24 hours. Google the life expectancy of Benadryl in your system meaning the time it takes to be processed by your liver and excreted through urine if you are concerned. I am a registered nurse and unless they are specifically looking for antihistamines, it wont show up on a normal drug screening panel. Good luck and hope this brings you some peace of mind and sound sleep:)

OP, if this is true, just stop taking it 2 days before the medical and you won't have to lie AND you'll be clean on the tests.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Barbados
Timeline

RPh here, benadryl isn't much of an issue. It has a low half life anyway, so it would not be detectable if taken early enough even if it was screened for. It's unlikely that they would screen for antihistamines anyway.

02 Aug 2012 -- Met online

23 Feb 2013 -- Relations began (L)

19 May 2014 -- Visited! :luv:

26 Jun 2014 -- Engaged :dancing:

15 Oct 2014 -- I-129F package finished and mailed to Dallas

17 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 (email) TSC

22 Oct 2014 -- ARN updated

13 May 2015 -- NOA2 (email) :dancing:

19 May 2015 -- NOA2 Hardcopy

4 June 2015 -- NVC received (I think lol) Case number assigned.

11th June 2015 -- NVC sent to Bridgetown

16th June 2015 -- Bridgetown received

17th June 2015 - PCKT3 received
30th June 2015 - PCKT4 received

9th July 2015 - Medical (too many needles :/ )

21st July 2015 - Interview date :goofy:

10th August 2015 - Approved

12th August 2015 - Issued

13th August 2015 - Visa in hand via DHL

24th August 2015 - US arrival (POE MIA)

I am the beneficiary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.